Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, skivealive said:

If the choice is between Macca or Watt, I'd have Macca any day of the week. (I really hope these aren't our only two targets!)

I thought Watt was poor when he was here, and we have other similar strikers already. If we are sticking with the wing backs, a striker could do well with the deliveries from Tanser and Wright. Plus decent passers in midfield...a striker that actually stays in/around the six yard box is whats needed.

I don't think they are targets ,just fans speculation & some hoping.

I think the fact that Scottish football's reputation has increased means that if a player like Nisbet is scoring lots of goals in the second tier, it means they are outwith the means of most Scottish clubs outside the OF (Shankland is another, for example). English Championship clubs come in for a bid, and that's that. It's therefore getting more difficult for clubs of our side to scout for decent players in the division below.

I think Hendry could potentially develop into the best striker we've had for a while. If we're still playing 1 striker most of the time, I would therefore prefer the wage budget to be spent on a playmaking attacking midfielder who can compete with Wotherspoon for that spot. However Swanson also fits in this mould, so would this depend on him going out on loan? I just hope Tommy isn't looking for a Kennedy replacement on the left-wing. Saturday showed that 5-3-2 with wing-backs suits Tanser and Wright much more readily and allows us to play much more fluidly.

2 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think the fact that Scottish football's reputation has increased means that if a player like Nisbet is scoring lots of goals in the second tier, it means they are outwith the means of most Scottish clubs outside the OF (Shankland is another, for example). English Championship clubs come in for a bid, and that's that. It's therefore getting more difficult for clubs of our side to scout for decent players in the division below.

Shankland isn’t a great example. He scored lots of goals in the second tier, then went to another second tier club.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

You see, here again, complete conjecture on your part; everyone seems to be an expert about how we operate without knowing anything concrete. 

Of course it's conjecture. I even used the phrase "sometimes I get the impression" in my post in order to make that clear.

14 minutes ago, ollyforsyth said:

Anyone know if this has any truth to it or is it just an agent trying to get his client out there?

With that list of clubs, it looks to me like his agent is trying to get him a move and so has identified some teams who might be looking for a striker in the hope of one of them taking a look just to find out why they are being linked with him!

35 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Of course it's conjecture. I even used the phrase "sometimes I get the impression" in my post in order to make that clear.

That's as clear as mud. Your speculating without foundation.

But please, I yield, -  lets not derail the thread about possible new signings.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

That's as clear as mud. Your speculating without foundation.

But please, I yield, -  lets not derail the thread about possible new signings.

Isn’t this what football forums are for? If every rumour, suggestion or opinion offered had to have solid evidence we’d have pretty much nothing to talk about.