Player contracts and transfers

David123

Yes, just cover until Davidson is back I imagine. Squad player to fill in gap Callachan has left.

Wonder who the mystery striker is. Hearts have signed 2 strikers, would they let Conor Washington go? Jake Hastie has been recalled, perhaps to prepare for a permanent move? MacLean is apparently off to Raith on loan. Can’t see that we’d be taking anyone from Aberdeen or they’d have been included in the Kennedy deal. Then.....there’s always Watt.

2 minutes ago, Linky said:

Yes, just cover until Davidson is back I imagine. Squad player to fill in gap Callachan has left.

Wonder who the mystery striker is. Hearts have signed 2 strikers, would they let Conor Washington go? Jake Hastie has been recalled, perhaps to prepare for a permanent move? MacLean is apparently off to Raith on loan. Can’t see that we’d be taking anyone from Aberdeen or they’d have been included in the Kennedy deal. Then.....there’s always Watt.

Anyone but Watt,I was actually hoping we would get the other lad from Inverness early,

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

A midfielder with non league experience but been at Bournemouth for a while without playing in the EPL. Excuse me but I am rather underwhelmed but in Tommy we have trust, that he has picked up a gem. 

How much did you know about James Dunne before he signed...…..?   turned out pretty well for us did it not.  

4 hours ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

How much did you know about James Dunne before he signed...…..?   turned out pretty well for us did it not.  

Then, after he left he disappeared into the nether regions of English football. Yes, he did ok for us, and others clamoured for his return, but he has almost disappeared without a trace. 

I can see the value of this laddie playing a covering role if we get a few injuries.

Edited by Saintdunc

8 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Then, after he left he disappeared into the nether regions of English football. Yes, he did ok for us, and others clamoured for his return, but he has almost disappeared without a trace. 

I can see the value of this laddie playing a covering role if we get a few injuries.

Keep saying when you leave Saints it's a down ward spiral.

The thing that would concern me about Butcher isn't so much the level he's played at, but the fact that he doesn't appear to have played much for anyone at all over the last couple of seasons (unless I'm missing something). Will he be able to get up to speed with the demands of our league quickly enough to make an impact before Davidson is fit again? That makes me suspect he's probably just going to be here as cover. 

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The thing that would concern me about Butcher isn't so much the level he's played at, but the fact that he doesn't appear to have played much for anyone at all over the last couple of seasons (unless I'm missing something). Will he be able to get up to speed with the demands of our league quickly enough to make an impact before Davidson is fit again? That makes me suspect he's probably just going to be here as cover. 

Hes out of contract this Summer.

Cover for Davidson until the Summer, and to see how he reacts to the league and recovering from his injury, and maybe get him in for longer when his deal there expires. Seems to have been highly rated before an injury that hes just recovered from, and has played for their reserves this month a couple of times.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think you might be right but I also think that O'Neil might have seen something in him he likes and has passed that on to Tommy so the lad gets game time and hopefully helps us along.

1 minute ago, SaintJet said:

I think you might be right but I also think that O'Neil might have seen something in him he likes and has passed that on to Tommy so the lad gets game time and hopefully helps us along.

Butcher is from Bournemouth, the guy Sorenson was from Stoke, but they apparently demanded money every time he didnt play.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think you are right, looks like a way of having a cheap bum on the bench in case of further injuries. I mean that in a literal sense not in the way our transatlantic cousins would use the phrase, I am sure the lad will give his best if called upon.