Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

You do know formations can and should be used accordingly? Much like certain players.

Yes and no. If you find a system and have the players to play it why change it? We turned the corner with Gordon and Booth coming into the back 4. There were no problems but when Kennedy left Tommy decided to change it. So Tommy agrees with you. But the motto stands the test of time if it not broken don't try and fix it.

I agree with what was said before circumstances dictated that we went 4 4 2 and played Booth in the back 4 and brought MOH onto the right wing. If Gordon had not got injured how long would have it taken Tommy to change things? Or would he have changed the formation?

Interesting to see if he starts with 4 4 2 with Booth and MOH in our next game if Gordon is fit.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Yes and no. If you find a system and have the players to play it why change it? We turned the corner with Gordon and Booth coming into the back 4. There were no problems but when Kennedy left Tommy decided to change it. So Tommy agrees with you. But the motto stands the test of time if it not broken don't try and fix it.

I agree with what was said before circumstances dictated that we went 4 4 2 and played Booth in the back 4 and brought MOH onto the right wing. If Gordon had not got injured how long would have it taken Tommy to change things? Or would he have changed the formation?

Interesting to see if he starts with 4 4 2 with Booth and MOH in our next game if Gordon is fit.

Gordon cant, or shouldn't, play on Wednesday as he suffered concussion. He might be ruled out of the Cup game due to it aswell.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, RandomGuy said:

Gordon cant, or shouldn't, play on Wednesday as he suffered concussion. He might be ruled out of the Cup game due to it aswell.

Gordon definitely out for cup game. SFA rules are 14 days minimum from incident and could be longer depending on the severity of concussion.

I see Vihmann has announced his retirement from professional football for personal reasons. 

Seems a real shame, maybe beaten down by unsuccessful back to back loan spells.

Hopefully he takes a break and gets back involved at some level, he maybe isn’t a premier league defender but sure he can play a part at some level. 

24 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I see Vihmann has announced his retirement from professional football for personal reasons. 

Hopefully he takes a break and gets back involved at some level, he maybe isn’t a premier league defender but sure he can play a part at some level. 

Already being discussed here: 

On 2/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, Pat McGroin said:

I know we are already famous for earning managers of opposing teams the sack following a pumping from the mighty SJFC but are we also developing a reputation driving players out of the game... “if I can’t even get a game at St.Johnstone then I’ll just quit”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37834144

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

4 minutes ago, Linky said:

Opens BBC Sport App, sees Tony Watt in Saints shirt and the headline ‘Tony Watt joins...’, heart sinks. Reads the end of the sentence ‘...Motherwell until the end of the season’. Cheers.

Kenny Miller away to Oz to be assistant manager.

Looks like all options gone to bring in another striker.