Player contracts and transfers

David123

We need a 3rd option though IMO, especially as the back up just now has played something like 8 minutes of Premiership football.

Vernon would be perfect - still has a lot to offer and can play as a target man. He's a good footballer too.

Totally agree, but would he be tempted to a smaller club for smaller wages to be a back-up?  I think we'd struggle to lure him, that was my meaning.  I think he'd be a great option, but he just wouldn't make my preferred starting 11.

Totally agree, but would he be tempted to a smaller club for smaller wages to be a back-up?  I think we'd struggle to lure him, that was my meaning.  I think he'd be a great option, but he just wouldn't make my preferred starting 11.

Maybe not to be fair, especially if offered something in England/by another Premiership club who don't have the likes of May and Maclean in the way!

I hope we offer him something though - rather thim than Magennis anyway!

Could Vernon be Dundee bound?

Former teamamte of Hartley, pretty much guaranteed first team football

Pprobably too big a wage for Dundee, but that never stopped them before!!

Firstly, too big a wage for Dundee :D :D :D - they'll never learn

But in their defence, they really have to make sure they are not relegated again this season.  They will have to spend on their squad to compete in the Premiership, and to do that and then be relegated and face at least two of Hearts, The The, Dunfermline, Hamilton and Hibs could be something of a disaster.  I'd hate to be the Dundee chairman/board just now, trying to budget for the coming season.

We seem to be signing under 19s ready to go into team then bring them through.

How many of last years signings have been kept ?.

2/3 that signed last season.

the rest were from previous years.

Our record in terms of % of lads coming through aren't bad though considering other clubs have been piling the ££ into the youth system for years where ours in comparison is low budget. 

Edited by PerthSeany

Goalkeepers

1 - Alan Mannus - (31) - 2015
15 - Steve Banks - (42) - 2014
30 - Zander Clark - (21) - 2016
------------------------------
35 - Mark Hurst - (18) - 2014

Defenders

2 - Dave Mackay - (34) - 2015
3 - Tam Scobbie - (26) - 2015

5 - Frazer Wright - (35) - 2015
6 - Steven Anderson - (28) - 2014 - reportedly deciding whether to take up one year extension option
19 - Gary Miller - (26) - 2014
21 - Callum Davidson - (37) - 2015

23 - *** Clancy - (29) - 2014
24 - Brian Easton - (26) - 2015
------------------------------
36 - Scott Stevenson - (17) - 2014
38 - Ally Gilchrist - (19) - 2014
43 - Gareth Rodger - (20) - 2014

?? - Alex Kitchen - (18) - 2015

Midfielders

4 - Paddy Cregg - (28) - 2014
7 - Chris Millar - (31) - 2015
8 - Gary McDonald - (32) - 2015
10 - David Wotherspoon - (24) - 2015

12 - James Dunne - (24) - on loan, but has said he wants to stay
16 - Liam Caddis - (20) - 2014 
18 - Murray Davidson - (26) - 2014
20 - Scott Brown - (19) - 2015
22 - Lee Croft - (28) - 2015

---------------------------------------
31 - Dylan Easton - (20) - 2016

32 - Dwayne Coultress - (18) - 2014
44 - Craig Thomson - (19) - 2014
?? - Wade Joyce - (19) - 2014

?? - Mark Davies - (20) - on loan until the end of the season

Forwards

9 - Steven MacLean - (31) - 2016
11 - Nigel Hasselbaink - (23) - 2014 - will reportedly talk to the club after the final
17 - Stevie May - (21) - 2015

25 - Chris Iwelumo (35) - 2014
29 - Michael O'Halloran - (23) - 2015
---------------------------------
41 - Chris Kane - (19) - 2016

?? - Fisayo Adarabioyo - (18) - 2014

?? - Bradley Fortnam-Tomlinson - (19) - 2014

?? - Kyle Lander - (18) - ?

Its probably safe to assume Joyce, Davies and Adarabioyo can be taken off the list? Also assume Clancy and Iwelumo will be leaving aswell.

Edited by RandomGuy

Our signed up squad for next season so far is...

Goalkeepers

Alan Mannus

Zander Clark

Defenders

Dave Mackay

Tam Scobbie

Frazer Wright

Brian Easton 

Callum Davidson

Alex Kitchen

Midfielders

Chris Millar

Gary McDonald

David Wotherspoon

Scott Brown

Lee Croft

Dylan Easton

Forwards

Steven MacLean

Stevie May

Nigel Hasselbaink

Michael O'Halloran

Kyle Lander

I know something you don't know....

Not really. I signed out before noticing that later on and for whatever reason I'm not allowed to edit it. 

Stevenage extended Dunnes contract by a year. Looks like we will have to pay a free if we want him.

If he makes another appearance for them they have to pay Exeter 25k, which they weren't prepared to do in League 1, so why would they do it in League 2?  I'd like to see him here next season but don't think we'll pay a fee for him.  

If he makes another appearance for them they have to pay Exeter 25k, which they weren't prepared to do in League 1, so why would they do it in League 2?  I'd like to see him here next season but don't think we'll pay a fee for him.  

Stevenage have played a blinder on this. If we don't pay a fee he will go for more than £25k after the form he has shown.

Also after a tough start O Halloran has been a revelation, get an extension on the table SB.

Stevenage have played a blinder on this. If we don't pay a fee he will go for more than £25k after the form he has shown.

Also after a tough start O Halloran has been a revelation, get an extension on the table SB.

Could not agree more. Other clubs will be interested after his recent performances and Stevenage have not intention of playing him but looking for a transfer fee. As for O'Halloran if he keeps progressing the way he has teams will be lining up for him in December yes get the extenuation on his contract ASAP. Two good young players who along with Wotherspoon could be in our midfield for the next 10 years

Agree with all of this. European football next year is going to help also in negotiations.