Player contracts and transfers

David123

One of the money issues SB will be thinking about is floodlights. Mate of mine works for SB electrics and seemingly we are possibly getting floodlights built onto the roof of each of the stands as it is a UEFA rule for if we make it to the group stages. That might depend on tonights result if that goes ahead. Apparently not cheap though

I'd be utterly ****ing astounded if that was a UEFA rule, I know theres a rule about minimum light towards the main stand, but I imagine we reach those requirements fairly easily with our floodlights 

I'll put a positive vibe on this signing. Not sure it has anything to do with May leaving us on Friday. The deal is until middle of Jan so perhaps, just perhaps the club have seen we are a bit light and found enough to fund this through to Jan and then we'll see where we are after that. Sounds to me almost like an extended trial. Do well and we'll make it longer term. Sit in the stand and away you go.

Also, perhaps the club see Kane is a little off being in the top team and are looking to send him on loan, freeing a wage.

So perhaps come Sunday, we'll have May, Morgan & Maclean.

I'll put a positive vibe on this signing. Not sure it has anything to do with May leaving us on Friday. The deal is until middle of Jan so perhaps, just perhaps the club have seen we are a bit light and found enough to fund this through to Jan and then we'll see where we are after that. Sounds to me almost like an extended trial. Do well and we'll make it longer term. Sit in the stand and away you go.

Also, perhaps the club see Kane is a little off being in the top team and are looking to send him on loan, freeing a wage.

So perhaps come Sunday, we'll have May, Morgan & Maclean.

Maybe so....Kane going on loan wouldn't necessarily free a wage.....would really depend on the terms of the loan.

Until May leaves a few hours after he arrives and we will be even weaker

Good god aren't you just a barrel of f*cking laughs these days......!?   every p*ssing thread there you are with either some kind of moan or trying to put a serious dampner on any attempt at a postive post made. :?

Good god aren't you just a barrel of f*cking laughs these days......!? every p*ssing thread there you are with either some kind of moan or trying to put a serious dampner on any attempt at a postive post made. :?

don't like it? Then **** off! What I've said is true. If you don't like it then don't blame me

don't like it? Then **** off! What I've said is true. If you don't like it then don't blame me

We are all frustrated about the lack of ambition being shown by the current Board particularly with regards the contract extensions for May or Wright, or lack thereof I should say, but we all knew this was going to happen with regards Mayzo, as soon as the first bid came in near the 7 figure mark, Steve Broon was going to bite the proverbial arm off the potential bidder. 

As opposed to constantly trying to kill every thread on this Forum with your downbeat p*sh, how about putting all your feelings down in a letter / e-mail to the Club, who knows it might actually help your depressing state of mind to get it off your chest.

We are all frustrated about the lack of ambition being shown by the current Board particularly with regards the contract extensions for May or Wright, or lack thereof I should say, but we all knew this was going to happen with regards Mayzo, as soon as the first bid came in near the 7 figure mark, Steve Broon was going to bite the proverbial arm off the potential bidder. 

As opposed to constantly trying to kill every thread on this Forum with your downbeat p*sh, how about putting all your feelings down in a letter / e-mail to the Club, who knows it might actually help your depressing state of mind to get it off your chest.

I have to agree. I think a lot of the negativity around this pre-season has actually been bred on here. I have seen people saying on Facebook that they're Saints "through and through" but if we sell May for £800,000 they're not going back. As much as I would be disappointed to lose May to the first club to show an interest I would not stop supporting Saints over it. I think Steve Brown profoundly lacks ambition and is certainly not a risk taker, but I can also see that he does have the clubs best long term interests in mind.

Some amount  of Anti Stevie Brown Shite going on just now, when no one knows the facts!Pretty sure he is doing his very best for The Club, just not all in public.I agree he does not come over the most positive but i think he is just being realistic

Some of the Shite that has been posted on here of late  about new directors fee loading is also a disgrace.  

I believe that The Board will do the best thing over the Stevie May situation, i was told he wanted to stay but his Agent wanted more than the Club could manage in the pay structure, so he has one year to go and the Club simply  has to cash in as best it can, if this means £800, 0000 so be it(i Believe we will get more though, most likely  undisclosed though.

Would rather that now that a tribunal for a lot less later.

As regards the panic about lack of signings, i said it before and will say it again , we would have new players before end of the window(In fact it looks like we now have Morgan, all be it a loan)

I was up at the Park cleaning up recently and was Chatting to Paul Smith about the work that needs done.Al the Metal Work at the bottom of the seats needs repaired as does the Concrete, The Car Park needs re surfaced and the Flood Lights need up graded, Added to this a new  astro  which is SIX figures, just some of the things i can remember.

I have supported this team all my life but cant ever remember so much venom , most of it crap directed  at the  Chairman and the Club

Some amount  of Anti Stevie Brown Shite going on just now, when no one knows the facts!Pretty sure he is doing his very best for The Club, just not all in public.I agree he does not come over the most positive but i think he is just being realistic

Some of the Shite that has been posted on here of late  about new directors fee loading is also a disgrace.  

I believe that The Board will do the best thing over the Stevie May situation, i was told he wanted to stay but his Agent wanted more than the Club could manage in the pay structure, so he has one year to go and the Club simply  has to cash in as best it can, if this means £800, 0000 so be it(i Believe we will get more though, most likely  undisclosed though.

As regards the panic about lack of signings, i said it before and will say it again , we would have new players before end of the window(In fact it looks like we now have Morgan, all be it a loan)

I was up at the Park cleaning up recently and was Chatting to Paul Smith about the work that needs done.Al the Metal Work at the bottom of the seats needs repaired as does the Concrete, The Car Park needs re surfaced and the Flood Lights need up graded, Added to this a new  astro  which is SIX figures, just some of the things i can remember.

I have supported this team all my life but cant ever remember so much venom , most of it crap directed  at the  Chairman and the Club

Whilst I agree with most of that Larky, only thing I would query is the SIX figures you speak of for the replacement of the Astro.   Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that the majority of this expense will be covered by the Ryder Cup Legacy Fund for allowing use of the Car Park as a park and ride.  Pretty sure that is the case

Agree with you larky, but SB really needs to start communicating with the Fans, its like he is up in his ivory tower and is to good to speak to the supporters, the feel good factor is sadly waning.

Whilst I agree with most of that Larky, only thing I would query is the SIX figures you speak of for the replacement of the Astro.   Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that the majority of this expense will be covered by the Ryder Cup Legacy Fund for allowing use of the Car Park as a park and ride.  Pretty sure that is the case

As far a i know the Ryder Cup only covers about a tenth of cost.