Player contracts and transfers

David123

Kieran Agard is another former Man U kid like the boy Ajose that we had on trial last year when Peterborough were after May. He just won a big money move to that dirty mob at Elland Road.

no hes not, hes an everton youth player who had a forgettable season at Kilmarnock and then one half decent season in an ascending Rotherham side

Kieran Agard is another former Man U kid like the boy Ajose that we had on trial last year when Peterborough were after May. He just won a big money move to that dirty mob at Elland Road.

Leeds are my English team as they were the first team I followed when I left Perth to seek my fame and fortune. It pains me to say they are a shambles. Hockaday was appointed by the Mafia and they have pilfered SerieB, robbing the division of poor journeymen. Hockaday was dismissed by Forest Green Rovers but is apparently a great coach.

Not holding my breath on the future of Hockaday after yesterday. Worse than Blackpool and they are a pub team.

Think everyone has post cup final blues? I am sure Tommy Wright was working on the premise he wasn't going to have Stevie May for the long term, & this new guy proves it! Everyone feels like this when a popular player leaves/injured, but do you know what...you soon forget! We still have a great striker in Macca! If we get off to a good start the pain won't feel so bad!

One man doesn't make a team!?

Have I convinced anyone yet!?

Naw me neither haha

COYS⚽⚽⚽

P.s. No one has died?!

Think everyone has post cup final blues? I am sure Tommy Wright was working on the premise he wasn't going to have Stevie May for the long term, & this new guy proves it! Everyone feels like this when a popular player leaves/injured, but do you know what...you soon forget! We still have a great striker in Macca! If we get off to a good start the pain won't feel so bad!

One man doesn't make a team!?

Have I convinced anyone yet!?

Naw me neither haha

COYS⚽⚽⚽

P.s. No one has died?!

Keep trying

More and more we see that what's been happening all summer with the club, has been the right way for us to do things.

Not saying it was either right or wrong, but let's not get carried away and start the 'told you so' arguments already - from either side. It's the first game of the season. Let's wait until fixtures start to pile up and a couple of injuries happen, then we'll see if we really do have a squad that's up to the challenge.

Not saying it was either right or wrong, but let's not get carried away and start the 'told you so' arguments already - from either side. It's the first game of the season. Let's wait until fixtures start to pile up and a couple of injuries happen, then we'll see if we really do have a squad that's up to the challenge.

What but this is the internet! I want to be able to tell everyone how my viewpoint is the one true path to accuracy and correctness!......... ;-p

Guns may have been jumped! However I do feel the club will be vindicated long term.

What?!? But this is the internet! I want to be able to tell everyone how my viewpoint is the one true path to accuracy and correctness!......... ;-p

Guns may have been jumped! However I do feel the club will be vindicated long term.

Edited by gingermunkie

Rory Loy would be an obvious shout, due to his goals in the Championship last season and penchant for hard work, but he's recently signed a new deal, and would likely be too expensive for someone with only ones years decent goal return behind him.

He was on trial with us and seemingly deemed not good enough for a contract last pre-season.

I think you will be even more depressed when SB inevitably does not "get his cheque book out" Patsy. We are not going to be paying large fees for any player. We may pay a nominal fee but don't expect to see hundreds of thousands of the May money used in a transfer. May leaving and the money we got for him should allow TW one or two fresh faces from a wages point of view though. I would be amazed if we signed nobody but I don't expect to see us splash the cash.

Edited by SaintSam1884

I think you will be even more depressed when SB inevitably does not "get his cheque book out" Patsy. We are not going to be paying large fees for any player. We may pay a nominal fee but don't expect to see hundreds of thousands of the May money used in a transfer. May leaving and the money we got for him should allow TW one or two fresh faces from a wages point of view though. I would be amazed if we signed nobody but I don't expect to see us splash the cash.

When I said previously about getting the cheque book out I didn't mean splashing money on transfers. I meant getting a couple in on loan or free. I will be irate if we don't get at least 1 more striker in.

Pish!

We'll do what we always do in that situation.............get a new player or 2 in.

Surely that's exactly what he's done and should be applauded for!....winning the Scottish Cup on the smallest budget. I know I feel he's vindicated even if it did take longer than anyone of us wanted.

Now progressing on from here...that's a different matter altogether, think we will all have to wait and see if that proves to be successful...let's hope it's not another 28 years tho!

Think it's SB's ambition to run the club on a 'halfpenny'...we probably did ourselves no favours winning the cup on probably the smallest budget in the league.
SB will feel vindicated that you don't need to spend loads to be successful⚽
Suppose we should just get used to it?!?

Think you have made one of the most accurate posts on this Wendy, and in a way I think it would be a great achievement to prove that you do not need to pay over the odds to be a team of our standing a reasonable success. Hibs prove that you can pay larger wages and transfer fees but did not improve their standing in fact become worse. "Steady as she goes I say."  

Think it's SB's ambition to run the club on a 'halfpenny'...we probably did ourselves no favours winning the cup on probably the smallest budget in the league.
SB will feel vindicated that you don't need to spend loads to be successful⚽
Suppose we should just get used to it?!?

I don't see the clamour for another striker, yesterday Morgan didn't even make the pitch and Kane only got a few seconds. Although of course sending Kane out on loan would remedy that problem whilst getting him first team football, but I don't see how anyone can proclaim him not good enough after about 5 mins game time.

I think we need cover in defence. Easton, Scobbie, Ando and McKay leaves Wright as only decent cover, and Miller for emergencies.