Player contracts and transfers

David123

The other problem we have is there are few goals coming from midfield or defenders.

Exactly, in past seasons we've relied on goals being scored from all areas, look how many Liam Craig and Muzz scored from midfield then the likes of Ando and McKay would chip in.

I find it hard to believe the lack of goals from players like Spoony, O'halloran and Croft. Yes, when on form they are providing assists but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect some sort of goal scoring return from them!

Randomguy if you read the SFA handbook the player can be recalled if all parties agree. The Board of the SFA would then have to agree to allow the player to be registered outwith the normal transfer period.

As I have said before it is possible but the SFA would need to back it and agree to it before it could go ahead. It is certainly not an action that should just be dismissed out of hand.

And the board of the SFA on agree to that in "exceptional circumstances", which we aren't in, we still have two senior strikers.

Why would Dumbarton agree anyway? Considering they released a striker to make space for Kane

I was speaking to a certain SPFL manager last night who confirmed that there is a way for us to recall Kane

In the courier today Wright saying recalling Kane is not an option. He hopes to speak to Steve Brown on his return from holiday and have a new forward in place for the United game or at the very least be able to re-cover some of the padded seats in the Main stand!

In the courier today Wright saying recalling Kane is not an option. He hopes to speak to Steve Brown on his return from holiday and have a new forward in place for the United game or at the very least be able to re-cover some of the padded seats in the Main stand!

The option required both teams to agree, and the SFA, so they have possibly tried and failed

I reckon Kane will be disappointed. He probably sees that there is an opportunity for him to get a lot of game time for Saints

I'm not so sure he will be. He seems a grounded enough young guy who has watched how saints successfully developed May in this way. Imagine the weight of expectation that would be on his shoulders if he was to come back.

Any chance of a loan deal with Celtic?  They must be "oot the door" with strikers.  Could we not offer say Pukki or Baldi regular games until the January window when hopefully Stevie will be fit again.  Not suggesting we break our wage structure but worth trying an offer at the top end?  Must be better than getting a reserve striker from the likes of Barrow or Newport County.

both are already on loan in europe

Any chance of a loan deal with Celtic?  They must be "oot the door" with strikers.  Could we not offer say Pukki or Baldi regular games until the January window when hopefully Stevie will be fit again.  Not suggesting we break our wage structure but worth trying an offer at the top end?  Must be better than getting a reserve striker from the likes of Barrow or Newport County.

both are already on loan in europe

Damn, naebody telt me!  It was really a more general point - we should push the boat out and get somebody half decent.  There must be other reasonably big names around we might get on the promise of a regular starting spot and not standing in their parent club's way if as a result they can be sold on in January.  Don't want Rory Fallon back!