Player contracts and transfers

David123

Akinfenwa would be an outstanding signing. Can't see it happening, but not surprised to see a lot of negativity already. I wonder which strikers a lot of posters on here would be expecting us to sign.

speculate to accumulate  :roll:  :roll:

I think we have suffered slightly this season by having three good forwards that are not definitively strikers, with MacLean for me the best of the three by far.  I still don't know what to make of Hasselbaink, and where he fits in.  He's not short of talent, that's for sure.  May could be the instinctive goalscorer we need, but he could just fail to step up, leaving us short again.  

I'm glad we have Maclean for another season at least, I'm very glad May has signed up to stay, but I think we still need something else.  The Beast could just fit the bill.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Akinfenwa would be an outstanding signing. Can't see it happening, but not surprised to see a lot of negativity already. I wonder which strikers a lot of posters on here would be expecting us to sign.

An outstanding signing would be Messi! An outanding signing for Siants would be Jordan Rhodes. Akinfenwa is a League One

player at best, released by Northampton Town, his next step is downwards.

A lot of this keague's best players move to league one, and will easily be earning more money than most SPL clubs can afford. Like it or not, League 1/2, Premiership loaners and released/out of contract Scottish players are our market.

An outstanding signing would be Messi! An outanding signing for Siants would be Jordan Rhodes. Akinfenwa is a League One

player at best, released by Northampton Town, his next step is downwards.

Nonsense. Guys like Jason Scotland and Jody Morris were 'outstanding' signings for Saints, in that they 'stood out' prominently from the usual names we, and other teams in the league, were being linked with.

Akinfenwa is a player who will attract the interest of 'bigger' clubs than ourselves. And we have been crying out for a natural goalscorer. It was the only thing missing last season. So yes, it would be an outstanding signing. You can't lump absolute impossibilities like Messi and Rhodes into the same bracket. Rhodes would be an 'outstanding' signing for a team like Celtic. 

Anyway, where has this rumour come from? It's seems like Dylan has just plucked it out of thin air. There is certainly nothing I can find about it elsewhere, including Twitter.

I realise that there isn't much happening and the sun has come out but are we saying that we are at a lower level than Northamton Town? Recently we have picked up Maclean and Vine from England. I think that's more the standard we should be looking for. It appears to me that done people are confusing a brick shithouse with someone who has ability. Comedy value isn't the main reason for signing a football player.

Nonsense. Guys like Jason Scotland and Jody Morris were 'outstanding' signings for Saints, in that they 'stood out' prominently from the usual names we, and other teams in the league, were being linked with.

Akinfenwa is a player who will attract the interest of 'bigger' clubs than ourselves. And we have been crying out for a natural goalscorer. It was the only thing missing last season. So yes, it would be an outstanding signing. You can't lump absolute impossibilities like Messi and Rhodes into the same bracket. Rhodes would be an 'outstanding' signing for a team like Celtic. 

Anyway, where has this rumour come from? It's seems like Dylan has just plucked it out of thin air. There is certainly nothing I can find about it elsewhere, including Twitter.

I saw a random tweet about it the other day.

Type in 'St Johnstone' and you see some crackers.

I saw a random tweet about it the other day.

Type in 'St Johnstone' and you see some crackers.

I mentioned akinfenwa on here a couple of years ago. I'm unsure now though. His goal scoring record over the last few years is about 1 in 3, which is better than all of last years forwards. Id like to see us go with may and Maclean next year, and I think Tade can still make an impact upon games, even if his ability is pretty limited. I doubt we would have both Tade and akinfenwa. Can you imagine the 2 of them playing up front together. Frightening.

If he did sign though shirt sales would be given a big boost and there would be a bit of publicity around saints for a wee while given the craze around him

Why, because they will finally be forced to make them in proper fat b******d sizes that will fit me?

Edited by montrosesaintee

If he did sign though shirt sales would be given a big boost and there would be a bit of publicity around saints for a wee while given the craze around him

========

=========================

Ha Ha, yer right , everyone would need to buy 2 strips just to get his Name on the back.

========

=========================

Ha Ha, yer right , everyone would need to buy 2 strips just to get his Name on the back.

In that case, everyone would have had to buy 2 strips to get David McCracken's and David Robertson's names on the back (and 2 and a half strips for Nigel Hasselbaink's).

Edited by The Real Saints

Kilmarnock fans seem really confident Wright is going back to them. Quite gutted if that's the case. He's been excellent for us.

--------------------------------------

Would be a big loss,but must admit i'd be hesitant in giving him 2 years,if that's whats swung it