Player contracts and transfers

David123

He does and if he can iron out those faults he may well turn into a decent player. Wrong time for him at our club as we probably have 3 or 4 central defenders in front of him.

It's not as if he's super young either. Perhaps he's difficult to coach. It's a shame though. I'd high hopes for him here.

Not often I agree with your crap but the above is spot on. it is the similar story of his dad and the roumers that he didn't want premier league football. 

Yaaassssss, the old "Geoff doesnae want us to get promoted" chestnut.  That's no been heard since half time of the QOS game when Dobbie ran amok prior to us sealing the league title in the following two games.  If he didn't want us to get promoted then he's done a very poor job indeed and perhaps we shouldn't be known as being one of the best run clubs in the country. 

It is interesting in that Tommy Wright explains in the facebook page why he has let him go. And have to say that it does make sense.

Alan Preston getting involved on the facebook page saying Brad was told by the Club he can go and that he has always been committed to the Club etc. Just the things you would expect an agent to say.

I did see ghostie asking him if he thinks Tommy made the right decision, a bit like asking turkeys if they like Christmas. Not surprisingly he said Tommy gets paid to make tough decisions and is a top manager.

Good luck Brad, suspect he might find his way back to Dunfermline.

We’ve just announced that Brad McKay left the club today.  It’s never an easy decision to release players but our situation is that with early-season injuries to Tom Scobbie and Keith Watson I needed to bring in a full-back and particularly a full-back who can play equally well on both sides of the pitch and I’ve gained that by signing Richard Foster. 

It has simply been a case that to get one player in one had to be released and I feel that with Steven Anderson fit, Liam Gordon available and Ally Gilchrist coming back from injury plus the fact that Keith Watson can play in the middle of defence if required that we have more than enough cover and unfortunately I didn’t see Brad playing regularly.

We’ve been in dialogue with Brad over recent days and I hope that by releasing him it allows him to find another club and he leaves here with our best wishes.

Tommy Wright
Manager, St Johnstone FC

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Doubt it. Brown has seen Tommy spunking too much money on bench warmers or guys that can't even get on the bench.

You do realise that having a squad means that not everyone will get into the starting eleven?

Even a new striker would likely play second fiddle to MacLean.

You do realise that having a squad means that not everyone will get into the starting eleven?

Even a new striker would likely play second fiddle to MacLean.

How much do you think it cost Saints to have Sutton sitting in the stand. I know the size of squad required for the  Premiership is quite large but you would expect high profile players to start ,not get last 5 mins or sit in stand.

Just saing Tommy has made some poor signings. Everyone in league apart from OF have o find decent players without money.

Tommy has done well for Saints but as I said in a previous post he has to rely in the main on the old guard.

How much do you think it cost Saints to have Sutton sitting in the stand. I know the size of squad required for the  Premiership is quite large but you would expect high profile players to start ,not get last 5 mins or sit in stand.

Just saing Tommy has made some poor signings. Everyone in league apart from OF have o find decent players without money.

Tommy has done well for Saints but as I said in a previous post he has to rely in the main on the old guard.

Sutton was unfortunate in that MacLean and Cummins were scoring so we still benefitted. He's tried to build a squad for this season and they wont all become legends straight away.

Looks like a pathetic smokescreen to be honest. If he was released on Thursday of last week, why was this communicated four days later?

I think McKay had promise, some naive defending - yes, but there was a player there. He certainly was a goal threat.  

Something sits uneasy with me about the latest PR, feels like a web of spin that would not look out of place on a "Thick of it" script sheet.

Looks like a pathetic smokescreen to be honest. If he was released on Thursday of last week, why was this communicated four days later?

I think McKay had promise, some naive defending - yes, but there was a player there. He certainly was a goal threat.  

Something sits uneasy with me about the latest PR, feels like a web of spin that would not look out of place on a "Thick of it" script sheet.

Where does it say he was released on Thursday? They started speaking to his representatives but doesn't appear to have been agreed until today.

As much as McKay had some concentration issues he clearly has some ability and youth on his side. Swapping him for foster doesn't fill me with warm feelings. If he'd come out and told us we would be signing a striker with the money I doubt many would complain though. 

Looking at Tommys signings this season none have shone though still very early days! Hopefully they step up to the mark. 

Guest ScottMann

As much as McKay had some concentration issues he clearly has some ability and youth on his side. Swapping him for foster doesn't fill me with warm feelings.  

Kenny Thompson for Andy Millen mark two by the sound of it.