Player contracts and transfers

David123

Honestly beginning to think he is more trouble than he is worth. 

Again a few good games, then started to believe the hype and started to be greedy and over play things and now his head is away again and has not performed to any level since December. 

Really not worth forking out big money for such inconsistency 

Again a few good games, then started to believe the hype and started to be greedy and over play things and now his head is away again and has not performed to any level since December. 

Spot on. Got caught in possession too often after he got hyped up.

Apparently asking for more than we offered May, and his agent has instructed him to refuse to lower that demand. 

Hes gone, as he's not worth that. 

Yeah, the boy who works at McD is posting it. 

Before you start a rant, I'm making sure it's not being represented as fact by starting sentences with "apparently" 

Yeah, I managed to find the thread on there and the turnstile guy did claim that what Swanson wants would make  him the highest paid player in our history.   He does not mention his agent instructing him to refuse to lower his demands however.   So do you have another source for that bit?  Or is that just another one of your fairy stories? 

Surely the inconsistency goes hand in glove with the contract breakdown and the personal issues he has been hit with. He is a great player, the best since May and worthy of a handsome contract, if that bursts the budget then we cannot proceed with the contract. All a bit messy for all sadly. His absence today points to only one conclusion.

Yeah, I managed to find the thread on there and the turnstile guy did claim that what Swanson wants would make  him the highest paid player in our history.   He does not mention his agent instructing him to refuse to lower his demands however.   So do you have another source for that bit?  Or is that just another one of your fairy stories? 

I thought it seemed pretty clear that's what he was getting at in his interview, tbh. 

Thing is, it is not just about Danny Swanson. We have a squad of 20 players who will all be watching and listening to whats going on.  If Saints were to say , okay lets give him £3k a week and lets give him a 3 year deal, it could quite easily cause unrest amongst our tightknit squad.  We have a wage structure, and if you break it for one, you open Pandoras box. Everyones agents would be beating a path to the Chairmans door. Swansons is ,on his day, a great player, but sadly he has not been "on his day" for a while and does blow hot and cold.  Just not worth it. I hope the Chairman pulls him up with his agent this week and  puts a final offer on the table. I would also be happy for the chairman to publicly confirm this. ( if going to the press is good enough for Danny then why not SB) Saints pay what they pay and I for one am happy about that. The lessons are out. Dundee twice, Livi twice ( maybe thrice actually??) Hearts, Airdrie, Motherwell, Dunfermline, Sevco ****ing Gretna... Someone called Broon a tight prick. Well he is, but he has to be.. Players come and go, our club and our support is  lifelong.  Oh and finally, if someone has contact details for  Rowan Vine, maybe they could tweet them to Danny. I would rather he stayed but only on our terms..

I thought it seemed pretty clear that's what he was getting at in his interview, tbh. 

If that is the case Danny has to grow a pair and go for a realistic wage. Agents are the biggest problem in football. The quicker players start to look for realistic salaries and stop listening to Mr 20 percent the better

If you are talking about Swanson's interview in the Courier, then there is nothing that could be construed as "my agent has instructed me not to lower my demands ".  Or is it another interview?