Player contracts and transfers

David123

But the Club have put a 2 year deal on the table for him.

If you were Murray would you have signed a 5 year contract 2 years ago? I would not have, He would have been silly to have done so from a financial point of view. He is now going to be in a position to sign for a club and command a favourable signing on fee.

Unless you bring a kid through the ranks and sell him pre 24 year old transfer fees are virtually a thing of the past.

Agree with RBB Mainstand.

I posted much the same previously but to be fair you are right, it's too late now, it should have been last time round.

At that stage though a player would take a five year and would probably be advised to accept by his agent as he'd get a cut too and there would be all sorts of clever bits about caps, cups and appearances etc. The only reason it doesn't happen is because clubs dont take the gamble and put the cash up front which is exactly what RBB is saying.

Stevie Wonder could have seen that Murray was worth a gamble.

Edited by McD

Stevie Wonder could have seen that Murray was worth a gamble.

I would have liked to have Saints take a bit of a gamble and signed him on a longer term deal as well, however who knows if he would have signed it? His agent may have advised him to go for a shorter deal with the aim of improving terms or getting a new club when his current deal ends. If Stevie Wonder could have seen he was worth a gamble then the player and his agent would have known it as well and they know that all the power lies with players coming to the end of a contract.

In the past, players like Kieran Mcanespie looked like they would have been well worth taking a gamble on and signing to a long-term contract on decent terms and he ended up as a cameraman for Babestation! It's always a lot easier in hindsight.

In the past, players like Kieran Mcanespie looked like they would have been well worth taking a gamble on and signing to a long-term contract on decent terms and he ended up as a cameraman for Babestation! It's always a lot easier in hindsight.

Nice...

St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas has told midfielder Murray Davidson to either sign a new contract at the club or leave. Lomas is rumoured to be sick of talk being banded about around the situation of the possibility that the 24 year old could leave the club.

One club who are ready to make a bid is Blackburn Rovers. New boss Michael Appleton is keen on new recruits and feels the Scottish international would benefit playing at Ewood Park.

St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas has told midfielder Murray Davidson to either sign a new contract at the club or leave. Lomas is rumoured to be sick of talk being banded about around the situation of the possibility that the 24 year old could leave the club.

One club who are ready to make a bid is Blackburn Rovers. New boss Michael Appleton is keen on new recruits and feels the Scottish international would benefit playing at Ewood Park.

Source(s)?

Any link or source. Pointless otherwise :wink:

What happened to Blackpool's £ 1 million bid? Did McLean & Yousseff knock them back?

if it is true, i hope they buy him and loan him too us for the rest of the season

I don't see why they would do that, when they could get him on a free in the summer.

Only plausible reason would be to get him before anyone else does, but I don't really see anyone bigger than Blackburn coming for him, so they needn't worry.

Furthermore, I love Muzz to bits, but I don't see him as anything like Blackburn level. I think he would do well to get into a struggling Bristol City team.

I googled it and found it on football rumours, if true i would be concerned by that conversation

Think someone has put that out as a bit of trolling spamming pische.

If Lomas has, or would ever, say that about a player who has never been vocal I think you would find Lomas would be leaving before Muzz did.

Muzz has every right to reject our contract. We probably not offering anywhere near what his agent says he can in the Championship or League One in Engerlandshire.

The sooner some fans realise we are not going to keep him the better. Hope is a wonderful thing but we have signed his replacement already.

Think someone has put that out as a bit of trolling spamming pische.

If Lomas has, or would ever, say that about a player who has never been vocal I think you would find Lomas would be leaving before Muzz did.

Muzz has every right to reject our contract. We probably not offering anywhere near what his agent says he can in the Championship or League One in Engerlandshire.

The sooner some fans realise we are not going to keep him the better. Hope is a wonderful thing but we have signed his replacement already.

yeh sorry have gone abit transfer mad

Would obviously love to keep Muzz but realised a long time ago it wasn't going to happen. Really hope he goes down south though and not to The Rangers.

Now though I'd be slightly worried about our lack of height in midfield without Muzz. Is Adams really out for the rest of the season?? Not saying he is a replacement but always thought he looked like he had some potential, if a bit unpolished.

How much do you think Rocco would cost?

Would obviously love to keep Muzz but realised a long time ago it wasn't going to happen. Really hope he goes down south though and not to The Rangers.

Now though I'd be slightly worried about our lack of height in midfield without Muzz. Is Adams really out for the rest of the season?? Not saying he is a replacement but always thought he looked like he had some potential, if a bit unpolished.

How much do you think Rocco would cost?

Agree with you about Muzz, but totally disagree about Adams! He's a far poorer player than I thought he was when he initially signed. First Division clogger at best unfortunately. He offers nothing apart from daft, early bookings and gifting possession to the opposition!

A friend was in the City Mills on Tues night & he was talking to 2 Irish lads who said they were over for a trial with Saints. They weren't from the top tier but the 2nd division & were a centre-half & a left winger. He was also told by a member of staff that the hotel manager, a Greek guy, is a pal of Steve Brown & has handed in his resignation as he's replacing Paul Smith at McD Park. Don't know how true this is but time will tell.

TalkFootballScotland@TalkFootyScot

Aberdeen - Have agreed a fee with Bournemouth for 18-year-old winger Ryan Fraser.

If true, I would guess this means we have no chance of keeping Pawlett. Looks a real money grabbing move.

Yeah, they will need Pawlett back. Foolish move for Fraser though. He'll be back up here on a free to East Stirling in a couple of years. His agent needs a shake.

Yeah, they will need Pawlett back. Foolish move for Fraser though. He'll be back up here on a free to East Stirling in a couple of years. His agent needs a shake.

Not so sure,good chance he'll play most weeks at a decent level,if he does well he'll get a better move no problem, obviously getting better money,but also a better level,with a decent young manager.

TalkFootballScotland@TalkFootyScot

Aberdeen - Have agreed a fee with Bournemouth for 18-year-old winger Ryan Fraser.

If true, I would guess this means we have no chance of keeping Pawlett. Looks a real money grabbing move.

why do we slate young scottish players for wanting to move to english clubs..fraser wouldnt be leaving if aberdeen offered him a half decent contract but theyre too stingy and bournemouth are on the up ..doing well in the league so good luck to him.plus its another good player we dont have to face.

I would have liked to have Saints take a bit of a gamble and signed him on a longer term deal as well, however who knows if he would have signed it? His agent may have advised him to go for a shorter deal with the aim of improving terms or getting a new club when his current deal ends. If Stevie Wonder could have seen he was worth a gamble then the player and his agent would have known it as well and they know that all the power lies with players coming to the end of a contract.

not sure how long he had left or how much we got but we definately got something when he moved to Fulham, also one of the few saints who have went to a world cup with their country.

as for the muzz contract theres 2 ways of looking at it we could have signed him on a 5yr contract, he could have picked up a serious injury and never recovered leaving us paying his wages for 5yrs - id hate to see this forum after Beattie getting payed 6months for nothing :mad: .the other way is maybe saints offered him a 5yr but said he wanted a shorter contract? is anyone sure he wasnt offered longer than 2years?

similarly i noticed scougall at Livi being chased by a few english clubs but hes tied up on a 5yr contract guarenteeing them some cash.i feel this is the only way saints can make any profit on the transfer front