Player contracts and transfers

David123

16 hours ago, MrBored said:

Greg Hurst, McCann and Hendry agree to stay next season. No word yet on length of contracts.

You've probably already seen it by now, but The Courier and Unofficial Twitter are reporting that Hendry has a two year deal, and McCann and Hurst have one year deals. 

McCann is talked about in a defensive midfield role by TW. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You've probably already seen it by now, but The Courier and Unofficial Twitter are reporting that Hendry has a two year deal, and McCann and Hurst have one year deals. 

Read team list somewhere that he played at centre half/midfield in his younger days.

Won Scottish cup when with Hutchie Vale whose team included Jamie Docherty.

Fantastic player, still our best midfielder and a great guy. Handled himself brilliantly the last year despite being poorly treated by Saints (this is a fact). Really hope he finds another club as he still has another season or two in him. Glad he made it to 10 years and has a deserved testimonial. A saints legend.

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

I don't understand how you can say he has been treated badly. The Club were up front with him and said he was not totally in the plans and he could move on.

Been a fan of his but I think the time is right that he moves on.

Good luck to him.

I'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking this

He was told he wouldn't feature and was told he was free to leave which he didn't.

The club paid him a wage while he stayed for that year and got game time 

20 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Hope Tommy has someone lined up to take Millars role. I'm dreading some of the football we are going to play if we don't have a decent ball player in there.

From what I've seen I still reckon Scougall should be given that role and I'd say he's a far better option for that position than Alston or Spoony. When you add Craig, potentially Davidson and also McCann to the list of options I'd say we're pretty well covered in central midfield so it'll be interesting to see whether that's an area Tommy ends up recruiting for. Anyone heard if we're likely to try to bring Willock back?

20 hours ago, MrBored said:

Greg Hurst, McCann and Hendry agree to stay next season. No word yet on length of contracts.

A bit surprised about Hurst & Hendry.

Tommy says in Courier Hurst has not had a great time at For far so ? ? ? ?.

A 2 year contract for Hendry  who has had a pelvic problem. I am sure it can be a recurring problem.

Anyway on their day they can be decent but with McMillan & Kane & with Tommy keen on one man up front I don't think they will get much game time so hopefully not on a big wage.

1 minute ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Ignore Swanson message Hibs fan in office got on a saints mates computer and sent the message, he’s getting a kicking.

Braw.

the wee man in the himalaya misses ye.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

yeah, thanks. Bit surprised by the two year deal for Hendry.

Only saw McCann in the Albion game but he did impress.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

A bit surprised about Hurst & Hendry.

Tommy says in Courier Hurst has not had a great time at For far so ? ? ? ?.

A 2 year contract for Hendry  who has had a pelvic problem. I am sure it can be a recurring problem.

Anyway on their day they can be decent but with McMillan & Kane & with Tommy keen on one man up front I don't think they will get much game time so hopefully not on a big wage.

I remember seeing Zander a few times when he was on loan at Elgin and thinking he had no future in the game, he certainly turned that around.

From what Tommy has said Hurst is lacking consistency. 

I think you can see from the last few games, the plan next season will be to play either Spoony or Alston as the defensive midfielder. Neither for me fit that role overly well, but I’d feel more comfortable with Alston there as Spoony gives the ball away too much. The 1 year deal is telling, if he doesn’t settle in there, he’ll be away in Jan.

You can deduce from who has signed, been given a contract or let go, that he must have another wide option lined up if he is bringing Alston into the middle. Dare I say Templeton?

Also suspect another striker. Kane becomes the main man, Hendry becomes the ‘Kane’/young backup, which leaves a space for a more experienced striker to come it.

My only real concern is the lack of depth in goal and maybe a CB too light, especially if we continue to play 3 at the back.

Edited by TheYellowBox

14 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think you can see from the last few games, the plan next season will be to play either Spoony or Alston as the defensive midfielder. Neither for me fit that role overly well, but I’d feel more comfortable with Alston there as Spoony gives the ball away too much. The 1 year deal is telling, if he doesn’t settle in there, he’ll be away in Jan.

You can deduce from who has signed, been given a contract or let go, that he must have another wide option lined up if he is bringing Alston into the middle. Dare I say Templeton?

Also suspect another striker. Kane becomes the main man, Hendry becomes the ‘Kane’/young backup, which leaves a space for a more experienced striker to come it.

My only real concern is the lack of depth in goal and maybe a CB too light, especially if we continue to play 3 at the back.

Don't forget MacMillan

13 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

I would push the boat out for Templeton, easily the difference in where we may finish next season. 

Get the feeling we could push the boat out for him and Hearts could still offer double. No chance we sign him, same with Ali Crawford, too many richer clubs with interest. 

13 hours ago, dave mc said:

Fraser Aird if the Pars don’t come up? Looks a Tommy kind of player 

God no. He's absolutely dreadful. If Alston struggled with the step up I doubt Aird could even look competent at this level. 

Theres virtually nobody in the Championship who could come into the squad and improve it. 

On 5/4/2018 at 7:53 PM, dave mc said:

Fraser Aird if the Pars don’t come up? Looks a Tommy kind of player 

Tommy is looking to sign much better than him. Expect a highly rated winger from England to sign in the next few days. He also wants to sign another winger, a striker and couple of midfielders. The plan is for a couple of signings to be young loans from England that will free up his budget for some real quality.

God  no. Clark is brutal. If he had taken a third of the easy chances he had this season Dunfermline would have finished second. He is woeful and his father should not be allowed back into McDiarmid either. Clark snr is a total clown. Hope this is just someone pulling our plonked in the absence of any other newsor I would be very worried about the standard of players we are looking at.