Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, 541ntees said:

Maybe stevie has plenty of pennies in the bank from his time down south knows he’s way down the pecking order at Aberdeen and won’t get much game time under del so gave up his next 2 years wage at Aberdeen to play football with the added bonus the team he loves

This is the key in all this, hes had a few great years of money, settled more financially I hope, he loves saints, he has confidence at saints and the passionate lad just wants to get back to banging in some goals and being a fukin hero. We dont have high expectations here, but cant wait to see his face when he nets his first though.

He could have been pushing for closure, as much as anyone, to get out of Aberdeen and avoid the loan scenario.

Just fantastic all round by the club, by Wright, Broon, Stevie and Mr Vine apparently.

I hope they market the hell out of this.

Robert Thomson confirmed the deal, and Matty Kennedy is quoted talking about being excited to play with him. The deals done.

Paperwork will be complicated due to his situation at Aberdeen, Robert Thomson also tweeted it likely wouldn't be announced today.

Centre back doesnt arrive in Scotland until "later in the week".

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

Hope they get it done in time for him to play some part tomorrow night.

I doubt it now, but thats just guesswork.

I assume, since its not a transfer, May will have to be released by Aberdeen, with all the paperwork sent to the SFA to make him a free agent, and then when thats processed all the paperwork for him signing has to be sent through and processed.

Aberdeen named him their Europa squad yesterday aswell, so that maybe adds another complication as they'll now have to de-register him.

If all the talk is to believed, he can cancel his registration with one piece of paper in his right hand and then hand over his St Johnstone registration with his left hand. Simple if all the talk of him being released and signed a 3 year contract is to be believed. I am one doubting Thomas

2 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

If all the talk is to believed, he can cancel his registration with one piece of paper in his right hand and then hand over his St Johnstone registration with his left hand. Simple if all the talk of him being released and signed a 3 year contract is to be believed. I am one doubting Thomas

Nothings ever simple with the SFA.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Nothings ever simple with the SFA.

Appears he was holding the paperwork in the wrong hand, which completely flummoxed the SFA.;)

37 minutes ago, mainstand said:

It is computerised. They now have youth teams on the same SFA registration system. 

If that is indeed the same system that they use when a youth player transfers to another team, I can well believe that it will be a less than rapid process. 

Would have thought they could fast-track premiership moves mind.