David123

Player contracts and transfers

Sort of lost in the noise here is that Brown said the budget was gone, but would make an exception for May, so does that apply to any other striker? 

Also, was a new contract for Clark not just days away, weeks ago? Has something fallen through there too?

Surely the rest of the players must be getting the sense that fans are getting restless and they can recognise where the squad is light. 

It’s not a surprise a deal sours. We seem to fall for it all the time. Too many reports of what’s happened or happening that what is the truth.

All I can see right now is Dundee we’re wanting him permanently and there was a delay on the transfer fee, we express our interests and his contract gets mutually terminated by Aberdeen and we start talks now they collapse. Great way for us to give the Scum a player they can afford without paying a transfer fee for. 

If it were minor things to be ironed out it must be bonuses and/or release clauses if a bigger team comes knocking again. 

SM doesn’t give me the impression he’s a difficult or awkward guy to negotiate with. 

What does the club do? Go to the press saying the deals gone bad due to x, y or z or hold off.

Typical we are drawn into a shit storm for trying to get a player. 

Just know the start of this season truly has been appalling. 

As mentioned already we are not buying the player of 5 years ago. Whoever buys him is taking a huge gamble on a player whose career is on a downward trajectory and has suffered a terrible injury. I wouldn't expect a blow by blow account but would agree that this is where a little bit of PR would be helpful but Saints being Saints that won't happen.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

They're negotiating with Rowan Vine, not May himself.

I get that mate but a player can get his agent told surely. Players have the power so I’d say if what was put on the table was acceptable to May, then Vine says to push more on it, if the player is adamant on coming then he says no that deals good enough let’s get it signed. 

Nobody will know exactly what’s snagging it but still leaves us with players needed for the new season and only 2 back ups signed. 

Robert Thomson confirms a move for Cummings is unlikely. Also seems to confirm the May deal is completely and utterly dead.

No idea where we go from here. Kane and Hendry our only strikers, and McMillan being forced out the club.

15 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

He is still contracted to Aberdeen as far as I can tell.

Was reported he’d secured his release from the remainder of his contract to move on, supposedly to us. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Robert Thomson confirms a move for Cummings is unlikely. Also seems to confirm the May deal is completely and utterly dead.

No idea where we go from here. Kane and Hendry our only strikers, and McMillan being forced out the club.

The fans need and demand answers on this. If the chairman thinks the strike force we have will keep us up then we are doomed. 

If it is completely dead the club should highlight what a good deal was offered and the reasons why it’s been rejected. 

Is it player and/or agent pushing this. 

I said to a Scumdee supporting mate a few weeks back he’d sign for them due to the basic fact they can offer more cash but reeks of a lack of ambition to keep playing at the top level. 

1 minute ago, St Mikey said:

The fans need and demand answers on this. If the chairman thinks the strike force we have will keep us up then we are doomed. 

If it is completely dead the club should highlight what a good deal was offered and the reasons why it’s been rejected. 

Is it player and/or agent pushing this. 

I said to a Scumdee supporting mate a few weeks back he’d sign for them due to the basic fact they can offer more cash but reeks of a lack of ambition to keep playing at the top level. 

Worth remembering Kilmarnock have been linked aswell.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Probably the Championship

6 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

What's the lowest number of points secured in a season?  At least we might have a record to aim for?

Gretna had 13pts but that included their 10pt deduction. 

7 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

What's the lowest number of points secured in a season?  At least we might have a record to aim for?

Don’t go there dude. Some seasons are best forgot.

35 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Was reported he’d secured his release from the remainder of his contract to move on, supposedly to us. 

I seem to remember a certain Danny Swanson did the same to us and signed for Hearts.

38 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

I get that mate but a player can get his agent told surely. Players have the power so I’d say if what was put on the table was acceptable to May, then Vine says to push more on it, if the player is adamant on coming then he says no that deals good enough let’s get it signed. 

Nobody will know exactly what’s snagging it but still leaves us with players needed for the new season and only 2 back ups signed. 

I am playing Golf with 2 Aberdeen Directors tomorrow so hopefully they can perhaps give an insight as to what has gone on