David123

Player contracts and transfers

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Midge has always been marmite. He may lose the ball occasionally but in general he is not frightened of the ball & can set off attacks. That is what is missing. You can have all the strikers in the world but if they are not getting proper service they will not score. I did watch the game last week. Some of us maybe see what we want to see.

Midge was struggling to get in the team 2 years ago, I suspect he’s had his day at this level! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours coming out as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Having a look on transfermarket.com, there are a number of strikers currently available on free transfers.  Whilst there are some that are obviously beyond our means, there are a few interesting names currently available, and I suspect that there will be more added to this list on 1st August.  Any people ITK that have heard anything ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm taking the positive out of where we are...yes, there is some believe it or not! 

The League Cup campaign has indeed been disastrous but the injuries gave us the chance to do what many fans always want and play the young guys. It's shown that they aren't ready yet for regular first team football which isn't the greatest of surprises. Better to find out now though than sail through the group stages with a full side only to find out they were lacking if called upon after the transfer window and no room to replace them. Better a disastrous early season cup campagne than a league one.

There's still about a month left to strengthen the squad so I'll wait to see where we are then. If the Chairman hasn't seen we need to strengthen more than planned and we're still humphing and hawing about players then I'll start to worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like us to at least be asking about Lafferty even though I expect he's beyond our budget.

I think we also need another central midfielder, and think Gael Bigirimana would be a good option.

If any left back is simply going to be back up for Tanser, can't we just get a young player on loan from the OF? Minimum wages.

If Anderson goes out, I'm not sure whether he needs replacing, or whether having Duffy as 4th choice is enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

Moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours coming out as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Having a look on transfermarket.com, there are a number of strikers currently available on free transfers.  Whilst there are some that are obviously beyond our means, there are a few interesting names currently available, and I suspect that there will be more added to this list on 1st August.  Any people ITK that have heard anything ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

 

Had a look at the list more foreigners than British and few training with clubs therefore missed pre season.

Look at Omar Bogle; spent the second half of last season on loan at Portsmouth (div 1) from Cardiff. He scored 5 in 12 games. He is into the last year of his contract maybe we should be looking to take someone like him on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

Moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours coming out as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Having a look on transfermarket.com, there are a number of strikers currently available on free transfers.  Whilst there are some that are obviously beyond our means, there are a few interesting names currently available, and I suspect that there will be more added to this list on 1st August.  Any people ITK that have heard anything ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

 

Balotelli would enjoy That Bar and the Ice Factory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Had a look at the list more foreigners than British and few training with clubs therefore missed pre season.

Look at Omar Bogle; spent the second half of last season on loan at Portsmouth (div 1) from Cardiff. He scored 5 in 12 games. He is into the last year of his contract maybe we should be looking to take someone like him on loan.

That's exactly the type we should be going for imo. Wonder if Matty knows him to put a word in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, akuram said:

See Accies now sign a striker.

A striker released by St Albans

6 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

That's exactly the type we should be going for imo. Wonder if Matty knows him to put a word in?

Why would Kennedy know him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

A striker released by St Albans

Why would Kennedy know him? 

Think the poster means Omar boggle from Portsmouth. Although Kennedy never played at Portsmouth at the same time as Bogle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Think the poster means Omar boggle from Portsmouth. Although Kennedy never played at Portsmouth at the same time as Bogle.

Does he play up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

Seems weird the May deal is dead but no real talk of him going elsewhere. Surely to god he doesn’t want to play in Dundee !! I’m sure we will see him sign !

Was thinking the same. It is nearly a week now. If it was another team offering more money, youd assume he'd have signed for them by now.

Nothing Saints have said makes you think the deal has any potential of still happening, but I do wonder if there is still a bit of an open door there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Seems weird the May deal is dead but no real talk of him going elsewhere. Surely to god he doesn’t want to play in Dundee !! I’m sure we will see him sign !

One way of looking at it was said to me yesterday by a Celtic fan "He has an appalling goalscoring record....why would a team sign him?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

Moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours coming out as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Having a look on transfermarket.com, there are a number of strikers currently available on free transfers.  Whilst there are some that are obviously beyond our means, there are a few interesting names currently available, and I suspect that there will be more added to this list on 1st August.  Any people ITK that have heard anything ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

 

Daryl Murphy?

Michael O’Connor?

Jason Cummings?

Kyle Lafferty?

Lee Erwin?

 

 

Will Keane...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Was thinking the same. It is nearly a week now. If it was another team offering more money, youd assume he'd have signed for them by now.

Nothing Saints have said makes you think the deal has any potential of still happening, but I do wonder if there is still a bit of an open door there.

There was nothing about Shaughnessy for about six months after talks with us collapsed.

It's dead, hes not joining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

There was nothing about Shaughnessy for about six months after talks with us collapsed.

It's dead, hes not joining.

That is you got every angle covered now Random we have gone fomr deffinately joining Dundee, Joining us will sign tomorrow to Deffinately not coming it's finaihed. Whatever happens you will be able to say TOLD YOU SO :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mainstand said:

That is you got every angle covered now Random we have gone fomr deffinately joining Dundee, Joining us will sign tomorrow to Deffinately not coming it's finaihed. Whatever happens you will be able to say TOLD YOU SO :laugh:

Maybe this would be a good emotional outlet for @RandomGuy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Daryl Murphy?

Michael O’Connor?

Jason Cummings?

Kyle Lafferty?

Lee Erwin?

 

 

Will Keane...

Erwin signed for Ross County. I think Tommy said he had asked about Cummings in the January transfer window, but isn't looking at him anymore (presumably for financial reasons). Maybe, he is asking about him again after the May fiasco.

The fact that Lafferty hasn't signed for anyone yet is good news I think, I would hope that we are in contact with his agent. Whilst we can't offer a large wage, we can offer first team football for pretty much the rest of his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Seems weird the May deal is dead but no real talk of him going elsewhere. Surely to god he doesn’t want to play in Dundee !! I’m sure we will see him sign !

Don't think we will see him at Dundee anytime soon, I had an interesting conversation with somebody behind the scenes at Dundee on Monday who confirmed they had made a very good offer to May (before they signed Danny Johnson) but and I quote 'his agent was making some ridiculous demands' so as far as we are concerned that deal is dead.   They are happy with Danny Johnson and have moved on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...