David123

Player contracts and transfers

Recommended Posts

Disappointed in Hemmings offer. 

A loan?! WTF. Notts County are needing rid of players due to financial issues and we offer a loan. We were probably put off by a potential of a small fee considering County paid £100k for him not that long ago. 

I wonder how many other players we’ve tried to get that aren’t publicised. 

If the rumour of Mays original deal that was accepted but didn’t cross the line but has now been reduced down reeks of selfishness. You had a great offer, didn’t sign, now come back so here’s half the offer FFS.

2 weeks on from last attempt and still no key players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

If it's true that the May deal has died again, then surely Saints now need to come out and give their side of things. Because from what's being reported it's making Steve Brown look stubborn to the point of being self-destructive. Surely to agree a deal with the manager's number one target, and then go back on it, is simply cutting off our own nose to spite our face and is a massive kick in the teeth for Tommy Wright. Rowan Vine was accused of moving the goalposts before but it now looks like our chairman has done the same thing.

How many times this summer have we heard about this new strategy of going for quality over quantity... which all sounds great, but did the board seriously not understand the extent to which bringing in "quality" actually involves spending money??

Very worried about who we'll end up signing at this stage (an English youngster on loan? someone else from Ireland?), and I also think that the way things are going there's a genuine possibility of us taking a hammering from Livingston at the weekend. On a lesser scale it's also a bit worrying that it was mentioned above that the club hasn't even bothered to put the Livi match tickets online yet. What the hell is going on with Saints these days?

Maybe Kojak will give us a update 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May is in a no lose position. His options are running out but at the end of the day he can sit in stand or bench for 2 years on a good wage. I would assume,better than he could get elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOH, Kennedy, Swanson, Wright and to a lesser extent, Wotherspoon can tear about all day beating guys for fun.

It'll all be pointless though if there is nobody that can be relied upon to actually finish regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

That's Dundee announced Hemmings.

They've also apparently signed him for nothing.

We offered to loan him, from a club in financial trouble, who were willing to let him go for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

A shambles. Nothing more to say really. 

Amateur club gets made to look amateur. If Brown doesnt wake up and realise hes the issue in most of our problems signing players, then we're ****ed.

I genuinely think we'll go down this season, and I can't even argue it wouldnt be deserved. This summer window has reeked of arrogance that we're too far ahead of the bottom sides.

I know we have had our ding dongs but it’s what I have been trying to put across (probably not in the right manner) it’s a shambles across the board from youth to first team to stadium staff, all undervalued. However as you have said before it’s a business so can’t really blame the chairman. Who would sink millions into a football team for no return? It’s a tough gig.

I think it’s going to be a fight between the two Saints as to who is going down this year. It looks like it’s the end of the Saints cycle of doing well, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

They've also apparently signed him for nothing.

We offered to loan him, from a club in financial trouble, who were willing to let him go for free.

The most galling thing for me here is, we probably could have got both....maybe for more than we would of liked to of paid....but certainly not more than we could of afforded comfortably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sasha said:

I know we have had our ding dongs but it’s what I have been trying to put across (probably not in the right manner) it’s a shambles across the board from youth to first team to stadium staff, all undervalued. However as you have said before it’s a business so can’t really blame the chairman. Who would sink millions into a football team for no return? It’s a tough gig.

I think it’s going to be a fight between the two Saints as to who is going down this year. It looks like it’s the end of the Saints cycle of doing well, unfortunately.

Yeah but Brown states he is untouchable!!! Arrogant a**hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The most galling thing for me here is, we probably could have got both....maybe for more than we would of liked to of paid....but certainly not more than we could of afforded comfortably

He was on a decent wedge at Notts County, a pal of mine who supports them says he doesn’t do enough but can pop up and score anytime. I think Dundee will be paying around £3k plus bonuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy always finds a great signing,I for one had never heard of drey Wright or Matty Kennedy until they signed for saints,why worry we finished seventh with the squad almost the same,let the Dundee clubs go and spend, shankland I heard on 9k a week,we support a well run club,who are not in debt etc, United and Dundee will go bust trying to get out the championship on that kind of money, saints will still be doing well in the premiership

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tucker said:

Tommy always finds a great signing,I for one had never heard of drey Wright or Matty Kennedy until they signed for saints,why worry we finished seventh with the squad almost the same,let the Dundee clubs go and spend, shankland I heard on 9k a week,we support a well run club,who are not in debt etc, United and Dundee will go bust trying to get out the championship on that kind of money, saints will still be doing well in the premiership

However, if the rumours are true, Tommy wont be the one to find another signing - rumour of a press conference called at McDiarmid at 12pm to announce Wrights resignation.  If this is true, club are in serious trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Paul said:

However, if the rumours are true, Tommy wont be the one to find another signing - rumour of a press conference called at McDiarmid at 12pm to announce Wrights resignation.  If this is true, club are in serious trouble.

Not surprised the guy gets f***ed over every transfer window, Brown will looking to bring in another yes man that he can control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SconeSaintees said:

Not surprised the guy gets f***ed over every transfer window, Brown will looking to bring in another yes man that he can control

See Alec Cleland - bet he will appoint from within as fits his penny pinching modus operandi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Havana Saint said:

What is the source of the press conference rumour?

There was a post on here from "McDiarmid Mole", who has been pretty spot on with rumours in the past, but the thread was swiftly deleted after a couple of views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...