David123

Player contracts and transfers

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ScottMann said:

So basically our obsession with turning back the clock for a now non-scorer has cost us the regular scorer we desperately need. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Not sure that's correct. We made a move for Hemmings while still talking to May, the problem was the offer we made was a loan deal, while the player and club clearly wanted him to leave permanently, seeing as Dundee have signed him for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might have had years of financial stability but the PR is a shambles. 

The only thing the club got right behind the scenes was Ross. Media has gone to f**k since he left. You have to think that appointment was probably more luck than anything else. 

This club is desperate for some young blood and modern thinking behind the scenes. Having a builder and a sparky running the club just isn’t working.

The Brown’s have done great for the club down the years but I honestly think they’re at the stage that they’re doing as much harm as they are good. 

I think it would be hard work to f**k things up the way we have this summer. 

As someone who runs a largely social media based business, I’m honestly close to the point of emailing them and asking if they need some help LAUGH OUT LOUD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

We might have had years of financial stability but the PR is a shambles. 

The only thing the club got right behind the scenes was Ross. Media has gone to f**k since he left. You have to think that appointment was probably more luck than anything else. 

This club is desperate for some young blood and modern thinking behind the scenes. Having a builder and a sparky running the club just isn’t working.

The Brown’s have done great for the club down the years but I honestly think they’re at the stage that they’re doing as much harm as they are good. 

I think it would be hard work to f**k things up the way we have this summer. 

As someone who runs a largely social media based business, I’m honestly close to the point of emailing them and asking if they need some help LAUGH OUT LOUD

agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

We might have had years of financial stability but the PR is a shambles. 

The only thing the club got right behind the scenes was Ross. Media has gone to f**k since he left. You have to think that appointment was probably more luck than anything else. 

This club is desperate for some young blood and modern thinking behind the scenes. Having a builder and a sparky running the club just isn’t working.

The Brown’s have done great for the club down the years but I honestly think they’re at the stage that they’re doing as much harm as they are good. 

I think it would be hard work to f**k things up the way we have this summer. 

As someone who runs a largely social media based business, I’m honestly close to the point of emailing them and asking if they need some help LAUGH OUT LOUD

Ross was excellent for the club, he was also genuinely interested in developing volunteers skills, I volunteered for the clubs media team for 2/3 seasons and it got me the job I'm in today.

We're missing someone with a similar forward thinking attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why, if the May deal was dead again for the umpteenth time, did Saints not offer Hemmings a permanent transfer. 

Looks like he’s left by mutual consent from Notts County. It was evident of their financial issues so begs the question who the feck at McDiarmid deals with player recruitment, player negotiations and closing deals. 

As a club we are a disgrace in how slow we are at reacting to movements I The market.

Dundee have signed a player who’d have done us a great job on a long term contract. 

They wanted him, offered him a contract and signed up. Easy as that.

Who do we go for now, Brown only wants May on a reduced term contact, other targets have gone or are pie in the sky.

The club reeks at the minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pat McGroin said:

We might have had years of financial stability but the PR is a shambles. 

The only thing the club got right behind the scenes was Ross. Media has gone to f**k since he left. You have to think that appointment was probably more luck than anything else. 

This club is desperate for some young blood and modern thinking behind the scenes. Having a builder and a sparky running the club just isn’t working.

The Brown’s have done great for the club down the years but I honestly think they’re at the stage that they’re doing as much harm as they are good. 

I think it would be hard work to f**k things up the way we have this summer. 

As someone who runs a largely social media based business, I’m honestly close to the point of emailing them and asking if they need some help LAUGH OUT LOUD

Agree 100% - the problem for me is that Steve Brown just doesn't have the same passion for the club as his dad.  Whilst the family have supported the club to get to where we are, Geoff was the driving force behind it, and Steve has inherited a stable club but is not prepared to invest further in it.  

The fact that there was £2m in the bank must be a rare occurrence in Scottish Football, but Brown seems intent on growing that bank balance rather than spending the money.  A large decrease already this season on the number of players on the books, and with an improved TV deal in place for next season, surely this was the season to invest a little more in the squad to ensure our place in the league for next season, but he appears reluctant to take that sort of a risk.

I believe that it is time for Steve Brown to step aside and let someone else come in to take over the running of the club, even if they don't want, or are unable,  to sell the club .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2012 at 5:04 PM, David123 said:

come on we need to get signing some new contracts with some of our players

 

Would like to sign a Big Commanding Centre Back a striker who can finish

 

Would Love Big Doobs back

From 2012, any change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Saint Paul said:

Agree 100% - the problem for me is that Steve Brown just doesn't have the same passion for the club as his dad.  Whilst the family have supported the club to get to where we are, Geoff was the driving force behind it, and Steve has inherited a stable club but is not prepared to invest further in it.  

The fact that there was £2m in the bank must be a rare occurrence in Scottish Football, but Brown seems intent on growing that bank balance rather than spending the money.  A large decrease already this season on the number of players on the books, and with an improved TV deal in place for next season, surely this was the season to invest a little more in the squad to ensure our place in the league for next season, but he appears reluctant to take that sort of a risk.

I believe that it is time for Steve Brown to step aside and let someone else come in to take over the running of the club, even if they don't want, or are unable,  to sell the club .

Don't forget that Geoff still owns the club and Steve is basically just running it for him. I'm sure if he wasn't happy with the Chairman's management style and performance he'd have had a few words in his young lad's ear by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sasha said:

Ross was on piss poor money and was doing everything.

He should have been retained. The added value he was bringing to the business was worth more than any salary. 

We looked like a modern club when he was around and public relations were actually decent, mainly due to the club actually communicating with fans indirectly and directly through his content. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Paul said:

Agree 100% - the problem for me is that Steve Brown just doesn't have the same passion for the club as his dad.  Whilst the family have supported the club to get to where we are, Geoff was the driving force behind it, and Steve has inherited a stable club but is not prepared to invest further in it.  

The fact that there was £2m in the bank must be a rare occurrence in Scottish Football, but Brown seems intent on growing that bank balance rather than spending the money.  A large decrease already this season on the number of players on the books, and with an improved TV deal in place for next season, surely this was the season to invest a little more in the squad to ensure our place in the league for next season, but he appears reluctant to take that sort of a risk.

I believe that it is time for Steve Brown to step aside and let someone else come in to take over the running of the club, even if they don't want, or are unable,  to sell the club .

Financial prudence is a must, but the things we’re getting wrong on the whole are very simple. 

Simple stuff like getting tickets out, getting tickets on sale, the car park passes, general communications. So many people STILL don’t know that we let kids in free. My gran lives in Perth, reads the local paper etc and had no idea until I told her.

I also wonder how far and wide we cast the net for sponsorship. I think we’re missing a major trick by looking local all the time. 

There are undoubtedly companies in the U.K. and even places like Asia and such like that would pay to get on shirts. 

You’re getting TV coverage on Sky, BT Sports, BBC. Playing in front of 60k at Parkhead and Ibrox. 

English teams even in the Championship have cottoned on, and these companies could get similar exposure for a 10th of the price. I just don’t think we think big enough.

I started my own business 2 years ago with £3k and quickly turned that into something turning over £500k a year and growing quickly.

I genuinely would contact the club but as a guy in my early 30’s that isn’t a suit, I suspect i’d probably be sneered out the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

He should have been retained. The added value he was bringing to the business was worth more than any salary. 

We looked like a modern club when he was around and public relations were actually decent, mainly due to the club actually communicating with fans indirectly and directly through his content. 

Financial prudence is a must, but the things we’re getting wrong on the whole are very simple. 

Simple stuff like getting tickets out, getting tickets on sale, the car park passes, general communications. So many people STILL don’t know that we let kids in free. My gran lives in Perth, reads the local paper etc and had no idea until I told her.

I also wonder how far and wide we cast the net for sponsorship. I think we’re missing a major trick by looking local all the time. 

There are undoubtedly companies in the U.K. and even places like Asia and such like that would pay to get on shirts. 

You’re getting TV coverage on Sky, BT Sports, BBC. Playing in front of 60k at Parkhead and Ibrox. 

English teams even in the Championship have cottoned on, and these companies could get similar exposure for a 10th of the price. I just don’t think we think big enough.

I started my own business 2 years ago with £3k and quickly turned that into something turning over £500k a year and growing quickly.

I genuinely would contact the club but as a guy in my early 30’s that isn’t a suit, I suspect i’d probably be sneered out the door. 

It’s not worth it mate, concentrate on your business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sasha said:

It’s not worth it mate, concentrate on your business

It really gets to me though. I can run mine 2 hours a day anywhere with an internet connection. 

I can see what’s going to happen here far enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

It really gets to me though. I can run mine 2 hours a day anywhere with an internet connection. 

I can see what’s going to happen here far enough. 

we all can, I contacted them in 1999 about developing a new website with sponsors integration & shop etc free of charge and told me no thanks, still got the same pish online today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot run a premier league club with the level of input currently being done.  Pay peanuts and look what you get, a chairman surrounded by yes men volunteers, to shit scared to speak out and do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

Not surprised the guy gets f***ed over every transfer window, Brown will looking to bring in another yes man that he can control

To be fair ,Tommy has Spunked a lot of cash on dross. Hart etc + afew strikers. Assume we were paying big wages for Scougall,Alston & Watt. We are desperate for creative midfielder & he played Scougall & Alston wide most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been obvious to everyone for years that our Achilles heel has been putting the ball in the net. How often in the last three years have we managed to score more than one goal? Surely that should have been something that was a priority and thy did we not try for example the lad Nisbet why went to Dunfermline. There must be others. We could do with two or three like that and one of them could turn out to be a gem. Look at Cosgrove at Aberdeen who couldn't score but was given a chance and now can't stop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...