David123

Player contracts and transfers

4 hours ago, weesainty said:

No transfer rumours yet 

In the media you have Matty Kennedy to Aberdeen. McInnes publicly saying he wants to sign him, and wants him in this window. Ross Callachan linked to QOS and Dundee, Dundee manager saying he admires him.

We've been linked to Shaun Rooney, ICT RB. On a PCA but he would be available in this window for a nominal fee apparently. 

Pure rumour has Raith fans also saying they're after Callachan, ICT fans saying they're offering Chris Kane a PCA, and Arbroath fans claiming we're interested in Thomas O'Brien. Although they've said that the past three windows.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes hasn’t ruled out taking St Johnstone winger Matty Kennedy to Pittodrie this month.

The Dons manager has confirmed that he has now spoken to the Perth player and is “hopeful” of securing his pre-contract move for the summer.

McInnes has also left the door open for a deal being pushed through in the next couple of weeks to get him through the door  even earlier.

He said: “Matty is one we are looking at for a pre-contract for the summer. I spoke to Tommy, spoke to Matty’s agent and I’ve since spoken to Matty.

“We are hopeful we can maybe agree a pre-contract, but that’s really for the summer.

“Could he come early? We would need to agree a contract first"

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

If Matty wants to go early and Saints agreed , instead of a fee , who do you reckon on the Dons playing staff could benefit Saints in a swap deal? 

Aberdeen actually have quite a small squad, so I'm not sure they'd be wanting to let anyone go.

Can an Irish club afford their wages or would it be a loan with them paying part of their salary. Had a look at their web site no mention of it.

But Paddy Cregg is on the Management/Coaching staff (assistant manager) this may be the connection with us. Their season starts at the end of the month. They are in the market for a striker as they lost Mikey Drennan.

Edited by Johnny B

29 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Can an Irish club afford their wages or would it be a loan with them paying part of their salary. Had a look at their web site no mention of it.

But Paddy Cregg is on the Management/Coaching staff (assistant manager) this may be the connection with us. Their season starts at the end of the month. They are in the market for a striker as they lost Mikey Drennan.

Their owner is a multi-millionaire who's ploughed money into them for the past 4 seasons much like Ross County and Roy MacGregor.

They simply spend the money they want to spend then he writes it off.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Their owner is a multi-millionaire who's ploughed money into them for the past 4 seasons much like Ross County and Roy MacGregor.

They simply spend the money they want to spend then he writes it off.

Blimey. Is this a practise run for becoming Sevco’s owner?

I feel the modern Glasgow Rangers supporter is sufficiently open-minded and progressive to tolerate, and, indeed, welcome input from the Irish community. I think they would actively seek out an opportunity to help unite the nation by clearly signalling an end to the Sectarian divide.

Wibble.

I don't know why we're so public with the need to move players on, if I was a player like Callachan, would I take a wage cut moving to a lower league side like Raith or hang around knowing the club needs rid of me and wait for a pay off?

We peddle this line in the press every single window, we normally sign someone regardless, it just seems to weaken our position.