Jimmy Wallace

19 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

As said earlier, I didn’t get a stream for all the game,  both teams looked like pub teams, but I’m happy we got the draw. So many corners, free kicks and shots that never got past the first defender.  Are the coaching staff up to the job? Are some of the players?

The pubs round your way must be full some players mate. 

In the first half, we were playing some sexy passing football without providing any cutting edge in the final third. We were as potent as a 90 year-old man. We addressed those issues in the second half and fully merited at least a draw. Matty Kennedy and Michael O'Halloran were playing at the level I'd hope and expect from them. A few sloppy passes aside, Ali McCann is developing into a mature and technically impressive young player. Liam Craig provided a lovely assist for MOH's goal. The defence looked more settled with the central pairing of Gordon and Kerr, although the former understandably took a wee while to warm into the game and made a couple of mistakes with the ball at his feet in the first half. Tanser and Duffy made very good use of the ball and I'd be happy to see the latter getting a run in the team, even if Foster eventually works his way back into contention with consistently good behaviour.

With all of the negativity surrounding the club at the moment, the players deserve a lot of credit for showing immense character once again. Sure, there were negatives that I'm glossing over somewhat. It wasn't acceptable to lose our concentration and concede a goal so soon after scoring. I mainly feel positive today, but this doesn't change the situation. With a couple of decent signings, we could do very well. Without them, we could struggle over the course of a season. This is a very tight league and there's such a fine line between achieving top six and becoming embroiled in a dogfight near the bottom.

22 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

The pubs round your way must be full some players mate. 

As I said, I never saw all of the game due to WiFi issues, but from what I did see, yes, both teams, especially Saints looked like a pub team, corners, free kick, shots not getting past the first defender. Passes going astray, event from just a few feet, players getting in each other’s way. I’ve no idea what they do at training, but these mistakes keep happening, even last couple of seasons. I’m happy we go a draw, but against a better team (Hibs fans will admit they are shite), we would get humped.

Great what a 94th minute goal can do for your weekend & your perception of a game.

Poor first half & commanding second half. Tommy must have stayed in the dugout at halftime again!.

Tommy had a long animated discussion with ref in centre circle at the end of the game. I assume it was about the goalie.

12 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

As I said, I never saw all of the game due to WiFi issues, but from what I did see, yes, both teams, especially Saints looked like a pub team, corners, free kick, shots not getting past the first defender. Passes going astray, event from just a few feet, players getting in each other’s way. I’ve no idea what they do at training, but these mistakes keep happening, even last couple of seasons. I’m happy we go a draw, but against a better team (Hibs fans will admit they are shite), we would get humped.

Have to disagree my friend. 

I thought that in comparison to other performances this year were were much better at using the ball. Kennedy's corners were generally very good and of course a few passes went behind or were too heavy but we were miles better than we have been of late. 

Not rose tinted specs here, that was just much more like it. 

33 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Great what a 94th minute goal can do for your weekend & your perception of a game.

Poor first half & commanding second half. Tommy must have stayed in the dugout at halftime again!.

Tommy had a long animated discussion with ref in centre circle at the end of the game. I assume it was about the goalie.

Aye saw that on sportscene 

5 minutes ago, dublin saint said:

Brilliant fight from the team today- would have been three points if the ref did his job.

on a side note hope the grounds man enjoyed injury time- parading down London road before kick off in his Hibs top

Probably just as well goalie didn't get sent off. Things didn't go well last time against Hibs. Sure the stats against 10 men aren't great .

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Or the soft free kick for their goal? Or the fact that they took it about 3 metres from where it occurred, or the free kick given against Kerr for nothing, or David Gray not getting booked, or Marciano not getting a second booking for time-wasting, or Mallan not getting booked for chopping McCann... Take your pick really

14 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Or the soft free kick for their goal? Or the fact that they took it about 3 metres from where it occurred, or the free kick given against Kerr for nothing, or David Gray not getting booked, or Marciano not getting a second booking for time-wasting, or Mallan not getting booked for chopping McCann... Take your pick really

Glad I was not the only one who saw these incidents as favouring the home team.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We're currently sitting 12th now.

Goal difference 5 worse than the nearest team.

Goal difference, wtf!  Imagine posting about goal difference in a negative way, did you forget the opening game?!  

Posting live league table positions are just as pointless. means nothing.

Two points on the board, two character building results, the embers appear to still be alive just waiting on the fire to reignite. 

Feeling more positive than a few weeks back, just need that first win.  As for goal difference, I predict a negative goal difference at end of season.. sack the goalie!

20190824_231021.jpg

Edited by Dave H