Saints v Kilmarnock 31 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

Some folk must be on queer medication. I can get as hyper (without pills) as anyone when following Saints.

After a positive 2nd half last week , some were building their hopes up day by day throughout the week , until they were Mega Hyper & after a 1-0 defeat they are totally deflated and Saints are shite, Tommy must go etc. 

Ffs. Get a grip of yourselves.

Support your team through thick and thin.

C.o.y.s.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:06 PM, Havana Saint said:

Kane ran around today...gave his all...blah blah blah.

That doesn't guarantee a point or three points.

I'm getting pretty tired of the " Pro Kane campaign".

His performances of late maybe having an impact on the rest.

COYS

Not a direct quote to to ya, but my general thought on Kane, is that's what May was doing in Aberdeen shirt. Effort but no end product, eg goals.  Lets be fair, May record at Aberdeen was abysmal.

So we've got 2 similar players who cannae score goals. Magic, cant see howling criticism and shout from the stands to how awful the team is has ever helped...   Kane does a job, played well for me apart from the two times he double backed on himself as no one was up quick enough.  The first occasion he did it, not sure what he was supposed to really do, being isolated and was always going to lose the ball if he ran on solo so trys to slow up and lost the ball.  

We lost a point due to our defensive mistakes.   Killie big mover this weekend in table off bottom really annoys me as we should have been reading the table in top 6 if we won. Really poor result for us Killie have been far worse than us this season to date yet come get 3 points..  argh!

20190901_204258.jpg

The goal we lost was poor on many levels.

Shit free kick from Tanser.

Shit attempted pass from Duffy.

Duffy &McCann  unable to catch Miller.

Defence getting in each others way. Unlucky that Duffy eventually got back as clearance came back off him.

Zander maybe could have came out & punched away the final deflection before it landed at feet of O'Donnell.

But worst of all I thought at corners & free kicks in that area you put your speediest player in centre circle to cover breakaways.

1 hour ago, Dave H said:

Not a direct quote to to ya, but my general thought on Kane, is that's what May was doing in Aberdeen shirt. Effort but no end product, eg goals.  Lets be fair, May record at Aberdeen was abysmal.

So we've got 2 similar players who cannae score goals. Magic, cant see howling criticism and shout from the stands to how awful the team is has ever helped...   Kane does a job, played well for me apart from the two times he double backed on himself as no one was up quick enough.  The first occasion he did it, not sure what he was supposed to really do, being isolated and was always going to lose the ball if he ran on solo so trys to slow up and lost the ball.  

Im bored ****ing shitless of this shite about Kane "doing a job". Hes a 25yo with the number 9 on his back, yet hes gone this whole season with about 3 shots on goal, he didnt even get a touch within 20 yards of goal yesterday despite playing for 90 minutes.

May got on the end of more crosses, had more shots, completed more passes and beat more players in his 20 minutes on the park than Kane managed in the preceding 70.

Nobody gets near Kane because he generally loses it within second of receiving the ball, and when he doesn't its because hes taken ten touches to control the ball and literally only has one passing option left, as the players bursting past him have been ignored, due to him not having control of the ball.

Hopefully May coming in means we never have to suffer him as a lone striker ever again. 12 ****ing months of it.

Edited by RandomGuy

The game was brutal and I don’t we’d have scored if we had been given another 90 mins. 

Duffy doesn’t look like a first choice right-back,  but will grow into being one in time. I can’t see why we play Kane up front on his own at home. Surely we need to be able to make more opportunities than that. We set the formation and team as if we were playing the OF away. Kane would turn back away from goal every time he got the ball. The was no drive or invention. It’s as if the rest of the team knows O’Halloran and Kennedy are good players, so if they just give them the ball, everything will be ok. I can’t remember a single time a centre midfielder got forward. Was it 2 or 3 shots on goal.

We started brightly, but heads went down as soon as the goal went in. There was no one to pick things up, direct the play, and get the players talking again.

Having said that, there were some decent performances. McCann looked the best of the 3 centre midfielders. May and Wright gave everyone a lift. Things will get better, but when you play that formation at home, it’s always going to be hard.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Im bored ****ing shitless of this shite about Kane "doing a job". Hes a 25yo with the number 9 on his back, yet hes gone this whole season with about 3 shots on goal, he didnt even get a touch within 20 yards of goal yesterday despite playing for 90 minutes.

May got on the end of more crosses, had more shots, completed more passes and beat more players in his 20 minutes on the park than Kane managed in the preceding 70.

Nobody gets near Kane because he generally loses it within second of receiving the ball, and when he doesn't its because hes taken ten touches to control the ball and literally only has one passing option left, as the players bursting past him have been ignored, due to him not having control of the ball.

Hopefully May coming in means we never have to suffer him as a lone striker ever again. 12 ****ing months of it.

May's last goal from open play was over a year ago!  12 months - August 2018. Sure he'll do a job too just as well as Kane.    We'll have May up top as lone striker.  So how long before the fans turn on May like they get on Kanes back for not scoring?  

I watch, I know players limitations but that's our level, we dont have international class of player.   Still support and encourage as sure as hell I wouldn't perform any better at my work if people, manager are on my back.

7 hours ago, Dave H said:

Still support and encourage as sure as hell I wouldn't perform any better at my work if people, manager are on my back.

**** right off with this pish, that's exactly what it is, pish. He's a professional, it's his job, if you cannot do it to a decent standard by the time you're 25, having had 10 years at it then there is no hope. That's why there are levels in every job, every single job out there, he is at a different level to his company, time for him to work at his level. As for not being able to work under pressure with folk watching, having their tuppence thrown in? There are folk in jobs up and down the country under that kind of pressure,  if you can't handle it, get out.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch
Stupid phone

8 hours ago, Dave H said:

May's last goal from open play was over a year ago!  12 months - August 2018. Sure he'll do a job too just as well as Kane.    We'll have May up top as lone striker.  So how long before the fans turn on May like they get on Kanes back for not scoring?  

I watch, I know players limitations but that's our level, we dont have international class of player.   Still support and encourage as sure as hell I wouldn't perform any better at my work if people, manager are on my back.

There is a difference been ‘turning on’ a player, and saying their quality isn’t good enough. Kane works really hard, and would be a key striker for a club in the Championship, but just isn’t up to it at this level. There is no shame in that.

However, given the defensive way Killie were playing yesterday, if we’d have continued to play with just one striker on the pitch, and May had started instead, I don’t think he would’ve scored either.

12 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Some folk must be on queer medication. I can get as hyper (without pills) as anyone when following Saints.

After a positive 2nd half last week , some were building their hopes up day by day throughout the week , until they were Mega Hyper & after a 1-0 defeat they are totally deflated and Saints are shite, Tommy must go etc. 

Ffs. Get a grip of yourselves.

Support your team through thick and thin.

C.o.y.s.

Well said that man.