Steve Brown asks fans for help.

Steve gets a bang on the head on site and wakes up the next morning with a new vision where he wants to be ultra inclusive and asks saints fans to come up with ways to create new incone streams to increase the turnover so he can increase Tommy's budget. 

The new income can be one off events or dripping roasts. 

All ideas welcome. Anything from a few hundred pounds to tens of thousands. 

He probably won't want to spend big on massive projects  but is open to all money making suggestions. 

Will kick this off with the McD Park main car park. 

It lies unused for all but about 100 hours per year during home matches. 

Just down the road is the Perth SSE which has a gigantic staff parking issue. 

There are hundreds of cars parked off site in every nook and cranny within half a mile or so of the Inveralmond site. 

It's not ideal for the SSE staff. Will be a pain in the arse for local residents and surely a matter of time before Perth Council do something about it. 

Up pops Stevie (Knight in shining armour) Brown. 

A call to SSE, we have the solution to your parking problem. 

£2.000 per week and you can lease the McD main car park, it's only 5 mins by bus through Tulloch, you can set up a park and ride for your staff. 

104 grand a year for saints and a problem for SSE solved. 

Would need some bays marked out and probably some lighting the cost of which could be negotiated with SSE. 

With a great new relationship built with SSE this could be developed at some point into a major shirt sponsorship deal. 

With shirt and car park revenue to saints from SSE could be 250,000 per annum. 

Saints also agree to purchase gas and electric from SSE. Giving SSE marketing team a belter of an advertising slogan, "SSE the power behind the saints"

So what ideas can we come up with to help generate new income for saints. 

Why would SSE pay £2k a week for that?

I doubt they give a shite where their staff park as long as they get there, and I'm fairly sure the run those initiatives to force people to car share/cycle.

I'd also doubt staff would be happy to park there, then get a "5 minute bus journey" to work, instead of just continuing to park where they do.

The "angry residents" are probably away to work themselves when its at its worst, and the council would rather moan about what shops are opening than try and figure anything out.

1 hour ago, GMac said:

Install solar panels on the main stand roof , which will power the stadium and the floor lights and sell the excess electricity back to SSE

Now that the grants have ended, the pay-back period on solar panels is horrendous - might be ten years. And I doubt the roof would take the weight or allow for fitting/maintenance.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Why would SSE pay £2k a week for that?

I doubt they give a shite where their staff park as long as they get there, and I'm fairly sure the run those initiatives to force people to car share/cycle.

I'd also doubt staff would be happy to park there, then get a "5 minute bus journey" to work, instead of just continuing to park where they do.

The "angry residents" are probably away to work themselves when its at its worst, and the council would rather moan about what shops are opening than try and figure anything out.

And they work on Saturdays as well as midweek evenings. Pish idea in a pish thread.

Saints celebrity bingo. 

100 tickets at £10 each bought in advance. Ticket exchanged on the night for a bingo book of 5 games. 

Additional books purchased as required on the night. 

Minimum raised £1,000 from books but most folk would buy 2 or more so takings 2 to 3 thousand. 

In addition on the night the 6 th game is a flyer, star prize etc at £5,per flyer generating another £500. 

Add rafle tickets sales plus on the night catering pies, stoves etc and the money racks up. 

Bar open at 6pm with eyes down at 7.30. Breaks between games to keep glasses topped up. 

100 thirsty saintees equals significant takings. 

Prizes  come from saints, line wins scarf or something similar and full house wins saints top or similar. 

The 6th game flyer is the star prize. season ticket, hospitality, away day with the directors etc. 

The celebrity bit comes from the bingo callers. 2 each night, players, managers, ex players, celebrity fans etc. 

Singinging and merriment encouraged and great fun had by all. 

Could run monthly and could be portable so could be held in suitable venues away from Perth so Highland saints, Edinburgh, Auchterarder, Scone, etc could hold a local event. 

Could easily raise 3 to 4 thousand per event and a great night had by all. 

I would kick off with Tommy and Stuart Cosgrove as hosts, would sell out instantly. Could be some great pairings with endless combinations. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Planning application for 75 flats gone into Council for the derelict Farm ground next to McD park from G S Brown, suspect nothing to do with saints but I don't know, at very least puts another couple of hundred folk right on the grounds doorstep. 

With Celtic & Rangers fans parking on their driveway & pissing on their front door.

2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Planning application for 75 flats gone into Council for the derelict Farm ground next to McD park from G S Brown, suspect nothing to do with saints but I don't know, at very least puts another couple of hundred folk right on the grounds doorstep. 

Would be good if the ground floor is shops and saints stick a club shop in one of them.

Given it is GS Brown, each flat sold should come with a free season ticket. 75 flats = c200 people, get even a quarter going and hooked, then would help a bit. 

6 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Good for everyone. 

16 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Would be good if the ground floor is shops and saints stick a club shop in one of them.

If Saints wanted a bigger club shop I think they'd be better off just expanding the one they have, which is in a much better location. Can't imagine it's a priority though.