Sign in to follow this  
THE LARK SAINT

Paul Smith

Recommended Posts

Heard at the weekend he resigned  and will leave after Kilmarnock game 

If it is true this will have a huge impact on administration of the Club 

He is St. Johnstone 

Any one else heard anything? 

Who replaces such a massive vacancy 

Jim Spence all ready reporting we need a CEO type never mind this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

If this is indeed the case then we do not have a General Manager or a Football Administrator.

Does this add credence to Jim (the Arab) Spence's call for a CEO and if so who?

That is another story doing the rounds who? However lets just take one thing at a time .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

If this is indeed the case then we do not have a General Manager or a Football Administrator.

Does this add credence to Jim (the Arab) Spence's call for a CEO and if so who?

If true, then yes. However, if the plan would be to bring some external people in, then maybe you could bring in a general manager CEO who then appoints the other?

No idea how much Paul does at the club behind the scenes, but certainly, Saints need to good competent people running the club and if he fits that bill, the obviously a loss. Longer term, we cannot rely on a part time running of the club. Would have to be someone who fits in with the ethos of the club and understands the challenges and restrictions. Dare I say it and I know he is hated in Leith, but a Rod Petrie type character who is an employee, not an owner.

Also, we need some non executives that have a wider business reach than local perthshire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need someone to make sure contracts are done properly & we comply with SPFL rules & regs. Loads of things like we don't play banned players etc etc.

Don't think Brooner or Roddy would be any good at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

If this is indeed the case then we do not have a General Manager or a Football Administrator.

Does this add credence to Jim (the Arab) Spence's call for a CEO and if so who?

Jim Spence was bemoaning the fact that he doesn't think we have ever replaced Stuart Duff. He was a pain in the arse but he ran the club properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest fear here is not simply the hard work done by Paul Smith, but much more pressing is the fact that precious little of it has been delegated, documented or explained to others at the club.

He was a one man band who just got the job done. Even if we install a capable replacement, he wouldn’t know where to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

If true, then yes. However, if the plan would be to bring some external people in, then maybe you could bring in a general manager CEO who then appoints the other?

No idea how much Paul does at the club behind the scenes, but certainly, Saints need to good competent people running the club and if he fits that bill, the obviously a loss. Longer term, we cannot rely on a part time running of the club. Would have to be someone who fits in with the ethos of the club and understands the challenges and restrictions. Dare I say it and I know he is hated in Leith, but a Rod Petrie type character who is an employee, not an owner.

Also, we need some non executives that have a wider business reach than local perthshire.

 

No quality non-execs would come within a mile of us if they read that interview with Brown IMO. 

Perhaps 80 season ticket holders will meet a new GM this week? Timing seems interesting and I doubt the resignation wasn't well telegraphed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

No quality non-execs would come within a mile of us if they read that interview with Brown IMO. 

Perhaps 80 season ticket holders will meet a new GM this week? Timing seems interesting and I doubt the resignation wasn't well telegraphed. 

What interview are you on about ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cagey said:

We need someone to make sure contracts are done properly & we comply with SPFL rules & regs. Loads of things like we don't play banned players etc etc.

Don't think Brooner or Roddy would be any good at that.

Roddy  is as smart as a shoe afaic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slf said:

Oh the article in a comic.

I thought It was quite enlightening.

i don’t have the seethe you seem to have though.

And this article has what to do with Paul Smith ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i went to a friendly v barrow.roddy grants first game on his return to the club.he might have scored ,can't remember.i remember paul smith at the game ..we were the only two stjohnstone supporters at the game.unless someone kens otherwise.

nothing to do with him allegedly leaving his job though ,i don't think.

Edited by slf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slf said:

i went to a friendly v barrow.roddy grants first game on his return to the club.he might have scored ,can't remember.i remember paul smith at the game ..we were the only two stjohnstone supporters at the game.unless someone kens otherwise.

nothing to do with him allegedly leaving his job though ,i don't think.

braw day out mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this