Paul Smith

THE LARK SAINT

Heard at the weekend he resigned  and will leave after Kilmarnock game 

If it is true this will have a huge impact on administration of the Club 

He is St. Johnstone 

Any one else heard anything? 

Who replaces such a massive vacancy 

Jim Spence all ready reporting we need a CEO type never mind this. 

16 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

If this is indeed the case then we do not have a General Manager or a Football Administrator.

Does this add credence to Jim (the Arab) Spence's call for a CEO and if so who?

That is another story doing the rounds who? However lets just take one thing at a time .   

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

If this is indeed the case then we do not have a General Manager or a Football Administrator.

If true, then yes. However, if the plan would be to bring some external people in, then maybe you could bring in a general manager CEO who then appoints the other?

No idea how much Paul does at the club behind the scenes, but certainly, Saints need to good competent people running the club and if he fits that bill, the obviously a loss. Longer term, we cannot rely on a part time running of the club. Would have to be someone who fits in with the ethos of the club and understands the challenges and restrictions. Dare I say it and I know he is hated in Leith, but a Rod Petrie type character who is an employee, not an owner.

Also, we need some non executives that have a wider business reach than local perthshire.

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Jim Spence was bemoaning the fact that he doesn't think we have ever replaced Stuart Duff. He was a pain in the arse but he ran the club properly.

The biggest fear here is not simply the hard work done by Paul Smith, but much more pressing is the fact that precious little of it has been delegated, documented or explained to others at the club.

He was a one man band who just got the job done. Even if we install a capable replacement, he wouldn’t know where to start.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

If true, then yes. However, if the plan would be to bring some external people in, then maybe you could bring in a general manager CEO who then appoints the other?

No idea how much Paul does at the club behind the scenes, but certainly, Saints need to good competent people running the club and if he fits that bill, the obviously a loss. Longer term, we cannot rely on a part time running of the club. Would have to be someone who fits in with the ethos of the club and understands the challenges and restrictions. Dare I say it and I know he is hated in Leith, but a Rod Petrie type character who is an employee, not an owner.

Also, we need some non executives that have a wider business reach than local perthshire.

No quality non-execs would come within a mile of us if they read that interview with Brown IMO. 

Perhaps 80 season ticket holders will meet a new GM this week? Timing seems interesting and I doubt the resignation wasn't well telegraphed. 

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

No quality non-execs would come within a mile of us if they read that interview with Brown IMO. 

Perhaps 80 season ticket holders will meet a new GM this week? Timing seems interesting and I doubt the resignation wasn't well telegraphed. 

What interview are you on about ?

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

We need someone to make sure contracts are done properly & we comply with SPFL rules & regs. Loads of things like we don't play banned players etc etc.

Don't think Brooner or Roddy would be any good at that.

Roddy  is as smart as a shoe afaic

i went to a friendly v barrow.roddy grants first game on his return to the club.he might have scored ,can't remember.i remember paul smith at the game ..we were the only two stjohnstone supporters at the game.unless someone kens otherwise.

nothing to do with him allegedly leaving his job though ,i don't think.

Edited by slf

1 minute ago, slf said:

i went to a friendly v barrow.roddy grants first game on his return to the club.he might have scored ,can't remember.i remember paul smith at the game ..we were the only two stjohnstone supporters at the game.unless someone kens otherwise.

nothing to do with him allegedly leaving his job though ,i don't think.

braw day out mind.