Saints capped players.

Cagey

20 hours ago, ScottMann said:

I think some people miss the point. I doubt anyone thinks Zander should be the number one choice for Scotland. People feel that given some of the third/fourth choice and younger keepers brought into the squad that are no better and sometimes actually worse than Zander, eg Jack Hamilton, he should be given his chance in the squad. At various points I've seen fans of other teams say Clark and Kerr should be included in squads so it's not just blue titted specs that has Saints fans saying they be, when they are playing well enough to deserve it.

My point exactly.If say Zander gets called up to the SQUAD it gives the manager and staff a chance to see how he trains,responds to coaching and generally find out more about him as a whole.His form can easily be accessed in person or video.

Guest ScottMann

No caps at all. He's never been in 'the system' so they probably only know him as the guy that lost seven goals against Celtic. Not being in the English 3rd Division is another major drawback.

Guest ScottMann

Zander's probably thinking it's a blessing he hasn't been involved with any of Scotland's recent performances but, currently off form or not, Jason must be wondering how bad he actually is if he's apparently not good enough to get anywhere near that defence. :laugh:

At one time Zander looked like a candidate for a call up.

However, I am not convinced he will ever get a cap.

Mainly due to the fact he does not command his box, Is poor in the air when challenged from corner kicks and free kicks, tends to drop the ball , looking for a free kick.

He needs to be braver and use his physique to his advantage.

Not slaughtering the guy , just an observation.

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

At one time Zander looked like a candidate for a call up.

However, I am not convinced he will ever get a cap.

Mainly due to the fact he does not command his box, Is poor in the air when challenged from corner kicks and free kicks, tends to drop the ball , looking for a free kick.

He needs to be braver and use his physique to his advantage.

Not slaughtering the guy , just an observation.

:shock: Not slaughtered, you have hung drawn and quartered the guy.Will introduce him to you next time im up.:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, akuram said:

What is the point in calling up Matty Kennedy and him sitting on the bench when he could be resting training for our very important match on Saturday.

Complete insult to us and him.

Next time tell them where to go.

To get him used to being in the squad and the whole situation of training around travelling/playing in a different country. 

It's not a great situation for us but I dont see why theyd care, and if we force Kennedy to miss out on caps, then he'll simply walk away in the Summer after a season of being unhappy.

Today's game in Prague was a friendly and NI were three nil up at half time. They made three changes soon after so yeah, it would've been nice to see Matty get a run out. But managers are not there to keep people happy.

It finished 2-3, so maybe the boss knew what he was doing.

55 minutes ago, cristo said:

Today's game in Prague was a friendly and NI were three nil up at half time. They made three changes soon after so yeah, it would've been nice to see Matty get a run out. But managers are not there to keep people happy.

It finished 2-3, so maybe the boss knew what he was doing.

If it had stayed 3-0 then I think we wouldve seen him. They really needed to win a game, and especially, after being three up, so they went with players they trusted.

17 hours ago, akuram said:

What is the point in calling up Matty Kennedy and him sitting on the bench when he could be resting training for our very important match on Saturday.

Complete insult to us and him.

Next time tell them where to go.

Do you expect them not to have a bench? Someone has to sit on it. I don't really see why, as a new player in their set-up, you'd expect him to jump ahead of the queue and immediately get a game.