TW defends Chris Kane

Melbourne Saint

This will cause some vitriol on here, stats etc. Playing out of position etc. But I'm happy to support him. Next 8 weeks is critical to his confidence... can he do it???

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/972384/tommy-wright-calls-on-st-johnstone-fans-to-not-make-chris-kane-a-scapegoat/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I noticed a real change in tone from supporters last Saturday towards Kane. He can be of use to us, but playing the solo role is never going to suit him, when his best play is with his back to the goal.

A players confidence is never going to be improved if there's a large section of support being negative towards them every game.

Playing the system we play it will be difficult for any striker.

Watched Scotland last night & it was like watching Saints. One man up front getting high balls punted at him with no midfielder within 20 yards of him.

If Tommy doesn't want Kane to get stick then he has to give him more support on the park.

A popular defence of Kane is the amount of running he does and the support he provides, makes himself available etc but the goals are missing.

I feel you'd get exactly the same effort from Hendry, with goals as well. Just my opinion.

However it may well be immaterial as I'd expect May to be first choice for the foreseeable future.

Tommy not impressed with Scotland. Couldn’t be any clearer in comments about McCann or asking when was the last time a St Johnstone player was called up.

I don’t hate or despise anyone in life. In football it’s different. I can’t stand the OF, then international football and these breaks is next, of which the dross that is Scotland is a part.

And support Chris Kane. Criticise where appropriate or merited, but personal abuse like he’s had lately is disgusting.

4 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Get behind him , support him , sing his name give the lad some confidence

Hes had plenty of praise from fans, there were some lavishing him with it after his performance against Hibs.

A week later he stinks McDiarmid out against Killie.

Hes a 3rd choice striker at this level, no amount of bluster/singing/praise is going to change that fact.

Hes 25 now, older than Vihmann, Gordon, Kerr, Tanser, Wright and Kennedy, no longer a young prospect, so I've no idea why he seems to get more slack based on apparent youth.

Edited by RandomGuy

Guest ScottMann
4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes had plenty of praise from fans, there were some lavishing him with it after his performance against Hibs.

Hes a 3rd choice striker at this level, no amount of bluster/singing/praise is going to change that fact.

Hes 25 now, older than Vihmann, Gordon, Kerr, Tanser, Wright and Kennedy, no longer a young prospect, so I've no idea why he seems to get more slack based on apparent youth.

Jeez, give it a rest. We get it, you don't rate Kane. Tommy was probably talking about your numerous posts slaughtering the guy when he said what he did.

2 hours ago, ScottMann said:

Jeez, give it a rest. We get it, you don't rate Kane. Tommy was probably talking about your numerous posts slaughtering the guy when he said what he did.

I like Kane, as hard as that might be to believe, but hes not ever going to be a first choice for us. As an option off the bench, and in certain games, hes useful, but as a the main outlet for goals, hes not.

As Andrew has mentioned, he got some vile, vile comments on the twitter announcement about his birthday, just the day before TW made his comments, so assume that's what hes referencing. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I like Kane, as hard as that might be to believe, but hes not ever going to be a first choice for us. As an option off the bench, and in certain games, hes useful, but as a the main outlet for goals, hes not.

As Andrew has mentioned, he got some vile, vile comments on the twitter announcement about his birthday, just the day before TW made his comments, so assume that's what hes referencing. 

And now would keep him as a squad player next season if does okay this year! 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Maybe it's like folk on here with you they support you tolerate you and don't slag you as they see something good in there. To others, thought it just takes a helluva long time for them to see it coming out. 

Guest ScottMann
15 hours ago, andrew said:

Scott did you see some of the stuff on Twitter? Vile.

Nope. I avoid Twitter these days. I've seen some comments though so have an idea. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Amazing. It's very hard to believe. I'd hate to see your comments towards a player you don't like then.

Guest ScottMann
15 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Every year, this site chooses one or two at Saints to be scapegoats. This year it’s Kane and, until the other night, Steve Broon. Next year? I predict Stevie May and Tommy Wright. You read it here first.

Agreed but not just this site though. Spoony's time has passed, Callachan and McMillan were on the point of inheriting the crown until they were banished so it's Kane's turn. Wallace and 'the Estonian' are running him close though. Agree about May though. If he doesn't score regularly the amateur accountants will be out in force saying he's bankrupting the club.:laugh:

Edited by ScottMann

Agreed but not just this site though. Spoony's time has passed, Callachan and McMillan were on the point of inheriting the crown until they were banished so it's Kane's turn. Wallace and 'the Estonian' are running him close though. Agree about May though. If he doesn't score regularly the amateur accountants will be out in force saying he's bankrupting the club.:laugh:

Where has callachan gone ??

Why has Kane been getting stick over the last few years? Why has Tommy brought in a main striker every season to play before him?

I'll let you into a wee secret, he's never in a month of Sundays good enough to be a main striker for a premiership side. He gets the stick when he has to play as one.

7 hours ago, ScottMann said:

Amazing. It's very hard to believe. I'd hate to see your comments towards a player you don't like then.

Am I not allowed to criticise a player, ever, if i think they're a decent squad player?

I think Clark pushes too many shots central, Kerr gets caught too far up the park, Davidson doesnt do enough on the ball etc. 

It's not just Kane I criticise. 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Why has Kane been getting stick over the last few years? Why has Tommy brought in a main striker every season to play before him?

I'll let you into a wee secret, he's never in a month of Sundays good enough to be a main striker for a premiership side. He gets the stick when he has to play as one.

This is from someone who I recall not that long ago stating that Scott Tanser was never a premiership player in another months of Sunday's.

7 hours ago, SaintJet said:

This is from someone who I recall not that long ago stating that Scott Tanser was never a premiership player in another months of Sunday's.

As in about 2 years ago? Tanser was an unknown who Saints set a timetable on and tasked him to become a player, gradually building it up to what he is today. He surprised everyone by how he adapted to what Saints tasked him, myself included. Chris Kane has had the benefit of a Saints coaching etc for 10 ****ing years, 10 ****ING YEARS SaintJet. Bookmark this, Chris Kane is a haddy.