Aberdeen v St Johnstone 14/08/19

tucker

Hopefully wanting nice away win, think it'll be learning season for the younger players to blossom

I would play 

Zander

Ralston Kerr Gordon Tanser

Mikey spoony Holt Kennedy

Muzz

May

The couple of times muzz has been pushed more forward saints have played well,he grafts and creates chances, think first half against county saints played well until spoony got injured

Anyway hopefully another good win up at Aberdeen COYS

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Hopefully wanting nice away win, think it'll be learning season for the younger players to blossom

I would play 

Zander

Muzz

May

The couple of times muzz has been pushed more forward saints have played well,he grafts and creates chances, think first half against county saints played well until spoony got injured

Quite like the look of that line up.

I would play 

Zander

Muzz

May

Not Keen on seeing Spoony back for such a hugely important game. Maybe stick with Liam for a bit of dig.

I've got to think Dre Wright is going to be back too.

Lets hope we can make a statement.

I would play 

Zander

Muzz

May

Muzz in beside Holt with Drey wide and Mikey in behind May. 

2 hours ago, Linky said:

Zander

Wright McCann Holt Kennedy

O'Halloran

May

Would always have muzz someplace in the team and Wright needs game time good thirty minutes from the end sub till the end of the month

2 hours ago, Linky said:

Zander

Wright McCann Holt Kennedy

O'Halloran

May

I'd be very surprised if all of Wright, Kennedy, MOH and May play from the start in a game away to Aberdeen. I think swap Wright for Davidson and you have a much more likely starting XI.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I hope Tommy goes at them with the old 4:4:2 (i.e. 2 recognised forwards) Hence I suggested, Kane and May up front

I would go with that. See if Kane can do the Mecca job as I don't think May is a lone striker. 4_4_2 doesn't always mean 2 up front.

Most teams have the 2 front men helping out in midfield or defence when under pressure. Very rarely are they up front together.

Before you start I know Kane is not a Macca but I think we need to see if they can work together.

It may be & probably is the fact that Henry may be better in that role.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I would go with that. See if Kane can do the Mecca job as I don't think May is a lone striker. 4_4_2 doesn't always mean 2 up front.

Most teams have the 2 front men helping out in midfield or defence when under pressure. Very rarely are they up front together.

Before you start I know Kane is not a Macca but I think we need to see if they can work together.

It may be & probably is the fact that Henry may be better in that role.

I would agree Cagey however with Tommy's comments regarding Kane and unwarranted stick he was getting (his thoughts not mine) then I would think Kane's name is already on team sheet.

LINEUP111568223276430.thumb.png.4f537262be58c543023ee36959eed7e0.png

For me. Spoony the best winger we have at both sides of the game, so should add balance to a midfield which has been too attack minded this season.

Holt should allow us to play two central again. 

Kennedy gets the shackles lifted and some freedom to get close to May.

Wright probably isnt fit enough to start yet.

9 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

Can anyone confirm that the game's going to be on Saints TV? (The website doesn't say either way).

Can't confirm it but last year Aberdeen were on the SportsMediaGB list of teams who transmitted their games via saints tv. I hope nothing has changed as i am looking forward to watching it live.