St Johnstone v Rangers 22/9/19 (12.15 KO)

Dave Ferg

Not sure what sort of line up tommy will go with. 

Has plenty of options with Kennedy, Weatherspoon and Wright and Craig all ready and willing to play in Holt's place. 

And Tommy has a wee record of pulling off a surprise in these games like playing Wright up front last year and nearly getting a result. 

After watching the Rangers feyenord game last night i worry that they cant miss as many chances as they were given again but at the same time the defence looks vulnerable, especially down the flanks as Tavernier cant defend. Suspect them to have a good few changes from last nights team for the weekend.

2-2 draw :razz:

Given Morelos took quite a few knocks last night, I’m assuming Defoe will start for them. Good news as Morelos has run us ragged in the last and they’re a totally different animal without him. 

Quietly optimistic if we can get to half time level again. 

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I cannot see Tommy changing anything other than a direct replacement for Holt in the 4.5.1 formation.

We have a choice of 2 if Craig is unavailable through injury, Wotherspoon or Callachan neither have played much football recently.

Wotherspoon played for Canada against Cuba but didn't get very good reviews from the comments I can see online.

"David Wotherspoon (5/10) — Playing quite advanced, Wotherspoon was unable to create much out of the midfield in just his second appearance for Canada."Wotherspoon didn’t look good at al

6 hours ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Tommy should stick the comments Gerrard made last season on the changing room wall...

'We shouldn't have to work hard to win at places like this'

You for real??? That's ****ed. I saw he was lambasted by "Donkey" Emile Heskey in the press for being a useless manager

52 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Wasn't it "we shouldn't have to work that hard at places like this" ?

Perfectly reasonable imo, they shouldn't,  they were pish and we were decent. He was more sending a message to his players and support, so what if he upset 3 or 4 Saints fans, get over it.

But if the barca or Real Madrid manager said the same about going to Ibrox, the papers would be all over it. He may be right, but shows a lack of class.

On the game, I think we'll likely loose by a couple of goals and have a gut feeling Ralston will be sent off. Could have been doing with a winnable game right now after a good point up in Aberdeen to build some momentum. Alternatively, if we get a win, then completely turns around the opening to our season. Tactically, I think we should go with two up front and try and get ahead then move to a 4-4-1-1 and sit in. 

Predictably, there will be the Rangers 'party songs' that amazingly cannot be heard by the league and SFA representatives in the main stand and the inevitable pitch invasion if they score. Also got a fear on the new ticketing system. First real test with a larger than normal crowd. 

2-1 home win.   The manky mob already have their excuse ready for playing in Europa on Thursday, their gaffer already aired that poor team has to play on Sunday lunchtime... We better be on it from the 1st second.  Great opportunity to get the first win in league this season

Edited by Dave H

Have to be brave. Theres apparently a strong chance Rangers front line will be Greg Stewart, Brandon Barker and Jermain Defoe.

I wouldnt take the first two in our best eleven, and Defoe couldn't score against us last season at all, and generally seems to rely on things being laid on a plate for him. Their managers arrogance always seems to seep into their players for games like this aswell.

We play well enough, we've every chance of getting at least a draw out this. Start slow and let Rangers get ahead, we'll face a huge battle.

Guest ScottMann
1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

But if the barca or Real Madrid manager said the same about going to Ibrox, the papers would be all over it. He may be right, but shows a lack of class.

Totally. 'Places like this'. Disgraceful. He should have been asked to explain what he meant but his media minions would probably be thinking the same thing. Arrogant *** ****s.