St Johnstone v Rangers 22/9/19 (12.15 KO)

Dave Ferg

I know Holt canna play against them I could never understand the thinking in this rule. A loanee is sent out for two reasons I can see, to get game time or hasnae a snabaws chance in hell of ever getting a game for parent club so what the feck are they scared off. Not just picking on the unmentionables but rule in particular.?

Edited by john.w
half dopey

8 minutes ago, john.w said:

I know Holt canna play against them I could never understand the thinking in this rule. A loanee is sent out for two reasons I can see, to get game time or hasnae a snabaws chance in hell of ever getting a game for parent club so what the feck are they scared off. Not just picking on the unmentionables but rule in particular.?

I think there was an incident down South years ago where a loaned player scored a vital goal against his parent side, and celebrated with backflips (he always did).

When his loan spell was our he was completely ostracized at the club because they felt he'd celebrated too much.

Its petty, but football is weird. I think the rulings there to protect the players.

Edited by RandomGuy

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I think there was an incident down South years ago where a loaned player scored a vital goal against his parent side, and celebrated with backflips (he always did).

When his loan spell was our he was completely ostracized at the club because they felt he'd celebrated too much.

Its petty, but football is weird. I think the rulings there to protect the players.

Cheers

For me, it’s as much about protecting the player as anything

Poor game, slack pass gives away a goal, giving away a penalty, OG.....all sorts of innocent things could be misconstrued. 

I think the rule is one that I completely concur with; you don't want a loan-nee coming back and embarrassing his parent club.

The lad looks like a real prospect and all we have to offer is good management and an environment that convinces players that they might want to return a decent club built on football and respect.

Guest ScottMann

I thought it was more to do with the possibility of a loanee doing something that would benefit his actual club when out on loan or be perceived to even if they didn't mean to eg Holt misses a glaring last second chance to score for Saints against the ***s meaning the blue bigots collect the three points. Did he really just miss it or did he deliberately miss? Probably the former but all doubt or opportunity is removed if the guy just doesn't play.

i have no advice other than get into their faces constantly and with ferocity and go for the win. Too defensive, we eventually ship a goal and then its the usual nightmare getting caught on the break.

And whoever mentioned Ralston needs to be careful was spot on. He's clearly a bit feisty which is great to see, but needs to be careful here.

Cant wait for this, early start.... Cali , 4am mate :) 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Dallas ref again. We have no chance. He probably comes up in Rangers coach.

That'll be that, then.

Last time he refereed them he awarded them four penalties in the same match. In the past two seasons hes never gone more than one match between awarding them penalties.

His last five games as ref of their games has seen them awarded six penalties.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

That'll be that, then.

Last time he refereed them he awarded them four penalties in the same match. In the past two seasons hes never gone more than one match between awarding them penalties.

Ah , but will Tavernier miss his third penalty on the spin?

12 hours ago, ScottMann said:

I thought it was more to do with the possibility of a loanee doing something that would benefit his actual club when out on loan or be perceived to even if they didn't mean to eg Holt misses a glaring last second chance to score for Saints against the ***s meaning the blue bigots collect the three points. Did he really just miss it or did he deliberately miss? Probably the former but all doubt or opportunity is removed if the guy just doesn't play.

Thought we had signed Watt last year.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

That'll be that, then.

All SPFL clubs had a chance to knock this nonsense on the head, once and for all, in 2011 but chose not to.

You/we... are therefore sort of stuck with it.