St Johnstone v Rangers 22/9/19 (12.15 KO)

Dave Ferg

Aye, we move on. Daft mistake at our own free kick, again, cost us the first, and the second is just poor defending, as we leave the corner taker unmarked after a corner and allow him a free cross.

Harsh to be awarded the goal, and the heads were lost after that.

Plenty of positives in some terms, but we need players closer to May against the weaker sides.

3 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

It's the capitulations against both bigots that get me. As soon as one goal goes in you fear for the worst and frequently aren't let down. 

Club set the tone when they agreed to have a minutes silence for a player who means literally nothing to us, days after Rangers had their own memorial to him at Ibrox.

Rangers fans seemed to be allowed to pay into home end and then get taken to the away stand aswell, somehow, as at least four people got taken from the Main to the Ormond early on.

I wish we'd grow a set of ****ing balls, but the whole country is just here to pander to them, so here we are.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Club set the tone when they agreed to have a minutes silence for a player who means literally nothing to us, days after Rangers had their own memorial to him at Ibrox.

Rangers fans seemed to be allowed to pay into home end and then get taken to the away stand aswell, somehow, as at least four people got taken from the Main to the Ormond early on.

I wish we'd grow a set of ****ing balls, but the whole country is just here to pander to them, so here we are.

How is that even possible? The ticket office refused to sell me a ticket because I’m “not on the database”. Poor stuff.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Whole ball has to be over.

Hard not to be biased in these decisions I suppose.  Ball could have been in the net and we probably wouldnt have got it.

Losing 4 seems harsh and headlines say we were thrashed and again we have to pick ourselves up.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

@RandomGuy think you will find a number of teams in the spl held a minute's silence or appluse at games. 

As for your comment on rangers fans paying for main and getting taken to the away end is that a fact or your assumption from seeing 4 guys going from main to that stand?? 

Edited by mainstand

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I presume every game in the league had a minutes silence in which case I see no problem. 

First goal, why was the ball not fired into the box no need to take a short free kick Why was Morelos left 1v1 against Tanser? Defensivly naive again.

Second goal Free header.

Third and Fourth our central defenders standing too far off Defoe

May was isolated again but that was due to Tommy giving Kennedy and MOH man marking duties.

MOH should have burst the net with his chance.

Again this reinforces our defensive frailties played 6 conceded 17 (11 to the old firm in two games)

But I am not too despondent, I think we will come good against the bottom teams and Holt will make a big difference.

Was surprised to see clapping on 2 mins in the home end for a Rangers man.  Happy to pay respects at start but he never played for us.   Is that normal for both sets of fans to have a clap for a player during a game?  Minute clapping at start is far better in my eyes, stuff the during the game unless he has a Saints connection..

Anyway, first half we competed and MoH chance was well saved.  Could have been all so different 1 up.  Lucky not to be punished for sloppiness.  Our sloppiness was punished second half, don't think we did enough second half. 

If we scored for 2-1 at the end would have made for a good end of game, pitty the officials didnt see it.  instead we get done on the counter for 3rd and get done by poor linesman on the 4th.

Not good for goal difference, still our season is not defined v this manky lot, just annoying we didnt battle more, kept on backing off, not getting near tackles, when we did get the ball lost possession so easily.  Glimpses in the performance though to look forward to next weeks win

Edited by Dave H

But for a great save from MOH the complexion of the game could have been o'so different.

It turned out as per usual, worn down, outplayed and tough to get a goal when the luck always seems to favour the ugly ones.....

No complaints - this is how it is, we are against a gulf in finances and quality.

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

I presume every game in the league had a minutes silence in which case I see no problem. 

Nah. Had it been an ex-Saints player,  or someone from Livi, St Mirren or Ross County, there wouldn’t have been the same carry on. To be honest I find this minutes silence for everything, by everyone, to be creepily weird and a bit macabre. It reduces the gesture to mindless copycat virtue signalling.

5 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

Move on everyone that’s us played 6 games and 5 against the top six and two teams are miles apart in quality than the rest  our season starts now 

We will get a result against 4th (Motherwell) next week, if we defend better. We will certainly be better going forward.

Guest ScottMann
35 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

How is that even possible? The ticket office refused to sell me a ticket because I’m “not on the database”. Poor stuff.

Saints fans have been thrown out for complaining to stewards about bigots being in the home sections. The club may go through the motions but they really don't actually care as long as they get the money while wondering why fewer and fewer Saints fans go to games, Old Firm ones in particular. 

I fully agree we got the RESULT we deserved today but the SCORE1-2 rather than 0-4 at the end of the season that goal difference may make a difference, and it could well be in a scenario that does not directly involve us (although refereeing incompetence/bias in our games does involve us)

If Tommy could tell the players to stop mucking about with the ball in attacking set plays that would be fantastic. I don't how many times we have to concede from doing that before the players get it in to their heads. As usual we are our own downfall, they weren't threatening much until we gave them a goal and then we just stopped defending the rest of the game. Poor stuff. Fluffed two or three good chances as well.

Home to Motherwell next , someone upfront with May would be decent. He's been isolated in both games so far.

I chose not to go to todays game for various reasons. The first impression I got of the ground on tv was a very poor home crowd (part of which I am partly responsible). although by no stretch of anybodies  imagination can you say we deserved anything from that match we were again screwed right left and centre by incompetent officials.