St Johnstone v Motherwell 28/09/19

tucker

Hopefully I good win for saints, needing a lift to start a good run until the international break, hopefully dray Wright starts my team would be

Zander

Ralston Kerr Gordon Tanser

Mickey Holt Davidson Wright

Hendry May

Change it about a bit maybe Kennedy instead of hendry, hopefully the back four will cut out the silly mistakes,how I wish we had a cuptie, or dubbery to assist these talented young defence

A win here and a lot of people will breath a big sigh of relief..

I don't think we're in danger this season but it would be nice to get the first win and kick on, county away next weekend will be a lot more enjoyable with a win under our belt!

Motherwell are much better this season, but last weeks result shows they're not as good as the recent hype has suggested.

We can't concede first..

Last weeks result was down to the sending off , Motherwell are playing good football and I think a draw would be a good result.

on paper we seem to be suited to 433 but I feel Tommy has always seemed to get the best out of us when we play 442- could be talking crap tho.

this season we look like players are not attacking in numbers when going forward but we don’t seem to have the numbers when defending- really need to get this sorted 

Clark 

Ralston Gordon Kerr Tanser

Moh  McCann  Holt. Kennedy

Hendry May

Parish Booth Wright Kane Spoony Muzz Craig

Need to win, no matter how it comes about.

Motherwell are fire just now, with three pacey attackers and a midfield creating goals, from what their fans say, they have far more success against teams who attack them and leave their wingers 1v1 with full backs, then teams that sit in. County, for example, apparently sat deep, doubled up on the wide men, and countered, and came away with the win.

I imagine there will absolute outrage if we dared to take the best approach to win the game, rather than just shove two strikers up top and get everyone to stay in the opposition half for 90 minutes though, so who knows what the best approach is.

Either way. We need to win.

22 hours ago, tucker said:

Hopefully I good win for saints, needing a lift to start a good run until the international break, hopefully dray Wright starts my team would be

Zander

Ralston Kerr Gordon Tanser

Mickey Holt Davidson Wright

Hendry May

Change it about a bit maybe Kennedy instead of hendry, hopefully the back four will cut out the silly mistakes,how I wish we had a cuptie, or dubbery to assist these talented young defence

I'd go with this line up, but with Kennedy on the right and MOH just off May. 

I actually don't think we were too bad on Sunday, so with the addition of Holt, fairly confident of a positive result from this game. Only concern for me is the weekish defence. Would do them the world of good to have a clean sheet. Clark in particular looks off his best this season. 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, 541ntees said:

Last weeks result was down to the sending off , Motherwell are playing good football and I think a draw would be a good result.

on paper we seem to be suited to 433 but I feel Tommy has always seemed to get the best out of us when we play 442- could be talking crap tho.

this season we look like players are not attacking in numbers when going forward but we don’t seem to have the numbers when defending- really need to get this sorted 

Clark 

Ralston Gordon Kerr Tanser

Moh  McCann  Holt. Kennedy

Hendry May

Parish Booth Wright Kane Spoony Muzz Craig

Don't think that will not be far away. Probably Kane for Henry. Tommy will probably want Muzz in his team but don't think he can leave out McCann or Holt.

LINEUP111569567079305.thumb.png.513497c50ca5f94a0e3cee8c1000179c.png

For me. We cant play MOH and Kennedy either side of a midfield four as itll just expose everyone. 

Need someone closer to May so need to play a more advanced central player.

Motherwells right back is quick and strong, so MOH would struggle, Wotherspoon couldnt track him. Kennedy the best fit as hes capable of tracking runners, and hes smart enough to go either way on a full back on that side.

Wotherspoon should help protect Ralston, and is smart enough to know when to hold his position, if things are going badly, you can move him central and put MOH wide. Maybe Wright a better option but we've still no idea what level hes at since his injury.

Not convinced about MOH central, but he needs to play as hes capable of moments, so that's where he goes. If we can ping a few balls in behind and get him chasing them, it might take defenders eyes off May, who would be freed up to roam about.

Harsh to drop McCann but feel like Holt does everything he does, but better. Neither have the strengths Davidson have so not sure a McCann/Holt combo would work.

Just my opinion, probably very, very, wrong.

Edited by RandomGuy

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

LINEUP111569567079305.thumb.png.513497c50ca5f94a0e3cee8c1000179c.png

For me. We cant play MOH and Kennedy either side of a midfield four as itll just expose everyone. 

Need someone closer to May so need to play a more advanced central player.

Motherwells right back is quick and strong, so MOH would struggle, Wotherspoon couldnt track him. Kennedy the best fit as hes capable of tracking runners, and hes smart enough to go either way on a full back on that side.

Wotherspoon should help protect Ralston, and is smart enough to know when to hold his position, if things are going badly, you can move him central and put MOH wide. Maybe Wright a better option but we've still no idea what level hes at since his injury.

Not convinced about MOH central, but he needs to play as hes capable of moments, so that's where he goes. If we can ping a few balls in behind and get him chasing them, it might take defenders eyes off May, who would be freed up to roam about.

Harsh to drop McCann but feel like Holt does everything he does, but better. Neither have the strengths Davidson have so not sure a McCann/Holt combo would work.

Just my opinion, probably very, very, wrong.

"Motherwells right back is quick and strong, so MOH would struggle, Wotherspoon couldnt track him. Kennedy the best fit as hes capable of tracking runners, and hes smart enough to go either way on a full back on that side."

I disagree Tommy will play MOH left, why because he moved Kennedy to the right and MOH to the left to nullify the threat of Tavernier last week. If, he thought Kennedy was  the best fit why did he swap his wingers? Therefore Tommy thinks MOH is better at defending than Kennedy. But all will be revealed tomorrow when we see who lines up on the left. I hope, I am wrong because MOH does his best work on the right. 

Lack of experience at the back at the moment is destroying the young lads,I would maybe consider playing booth at centre half take pressure of the others , unfortunately we are missing experience,rangers fan at work said saints did well in the first half,but saints should never have lost the first goal, happening ever week silly mistakes, how I wish we had a cuptie or dubbery at the moment,I think Tommy might have to get someone of that experience to assist the younger generation,all are cracking players but playing all at the same time isn't working

14 hours ago, Johnny B said:

"Motherwells right back is quick and strong, so MOH would struggle, Wotherspoon couldnt track him. Kennedy the best fit as hes capable of tracking runners, and hes smart enough to go either way on a full back on that side."

I disagree Tommy will play MOH left, why because he moved Kennedy to the right and MOH to the left to nullify the threat of Tavernier last week. If, he thought Kennedy was  the best fit why did he swap his wingers? Therefore Tommy thinks MOH is better at defending than Kennedy. But all will be revealed tomorrow when we see who lines up on the left. I hope, I am wrong because MOH does his best work on the right. 

14 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Wothrerspoon could catch him !!!.. Wotherspoon has no pace.