Ross County v St.Johnstone 05/10/2019

McCarry One Nil

53 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

I wasn't saying you did, that's why it was in a separate paragraph. Stop being so defensive big man.

only replying as youre on the rampage wind up at the minute on this thread, and as such St Mirren has to be our first win of the season, just to get off the bottom, it would lighten everyones world up.   and Chris Kane would begin to score goals :)

Edited by Dave H

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Would you and Rhodes give it a f@'''king rest. You don't like the lad okay we get it. 

Instead of slapping our players down how about we start getting behind the lads after a pretty impressive character showing performance. 

He consistently misses absolute sitters. 

We lost to County in the cup because he couldnt get a shot on target when clean through on goal, and then yesterday, with the scores at 2-2 and just minutes left, he couldnt score with the two clear sights of goal he had.

It's just a consistent inability to finish chances, which are costing us constantly, that wears you down with him.

Since his loan spell at QOS in January 2018, he has 6 in 47 games.

3 of those were in March 2018.

Chris Kane has scored 3 league goals in 18 months, and you're having a go at folk for saying hes not good enough for us?

We played with urgency and fight and were unlucky. The substitutions killed us.

Swanson was clearly not happy at coming off and, unless there was a problem, I’m not sure why he did. Kane did nothing as usual. He can’t hold onto the ball, he can’t run with the ball, he can’t shoot - I can’t see what he offers us. Immediately we lost any sense of fluency when he came on.

Duffy was excellent, and is definitely more of a centre back. McCann was solid as ever - hardly a foot wrong. Swanson did well at linking midfield and May, which we’ve been missing for the last few games. Wotherspoon protected Tanser, which allowed him to get forward more easily, and again meant that the link between defence and midfield was more solid. Kerr was really disappointing again. Ralston much improved.

We played well, the smaller pitch suiting our game. Ross Country were cynical, trying to wind the players up, and it looked like there would be a sending off before the end.

A big improvement, but why can’t we play like that at home? The formation suited us much better - much better movement, less reliance on just knocking up to the wingers, players coming inside, etc.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He consistently misses absolute sitters. 

We lost to County in the cup because he couldnt get a shot on target when clean through on goal, and then yesterday, with the scores at 2-2 and just minutes left, he couldnt score with the two clear sights of goal he had.

It's just a consistent inability to finish chances, which are costing us constantly, that wears you down with him.

Since his loan spell at QOS in January 2018, he has 6 in 47 games.

3 of those were in March 2018.

Chris Kane has scored 3 league goals in 18 months, and you're having a go at folk for saying hes not good enough for us?

@RandomGuy football especially strikers are 90% confidence. Chris lacks it at present but to say these 2 chances were sitters is going a bit too far. And as you say the first he gets caught out stride and has to stretch and slips, the second is a slip. But as i said neither were open goals. 

16 minutes ago, mainstand said:

@RandomGuy football especially strikers are 90% confidence. 

I disagree. May hasnt scored a goal in open play for 18 months, missed a penalty in the game, yet still steps up and scores a more difficult chance than either Kane had. Confidence plays a part but it's not as huge a factor as you're making out.

Kane is not good enough, and we can all sing his name and have a wee dance whenever he gets the ball, but he wont suddenly start scoring. Hes not a young guy anymore, hes 25 and has played almost 200 senior games, how he plays is how he plays. He spent 6 months as undisputed first choice last season and still didnt do anywhere near enough to keep that.

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

@RandomGuy football especially strikers are 90% confidence. Chris lacks it at present but to say these 2 chances were sitters is going a bit too far. And as you say the first he gets caught out stride and has to stretch and slips, the second is a slip. But as i said neither were open goals. 

Normally I would agree but Kane has never been a goal scorer at any level. His work ethic is never in doubt but as a striker, he doesn’t hit the mark anywhere near enough. 

May is an example of a player who has been low on confidence and hasn’t been performing at the sort of level he’s capable of for a long while as far as goals are concerned. But we know it’s in his locker. 

56 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Absolute rubbish.

In the box about 8 yards out, with the goalie floundering and 2 defenders more than 6 yards away?

Clean through and not even hitting the target? even the ref was that shocked he thought it must have been saved and gave a corner.

Letting the ball bounce off him rather than actually control it? Remember he's meant to be a professional,  that's what he's trained all his life to do, Jesus ****ing Christ, the boys abysmal and no amount of confidence will make him a premiership striker.

1 hour ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Absolute rubbish.

In the box about 8 yards out, with the goalie floundering and 2 defenders more than 6 yards away?

Clean through and not even hitting the target? even the ref was that shocked he thought it must have been saved and gave a corner.

Letting the ball bounce off him rather than actually control it? Remember he's meant to be a professional,  that's what he's trained all his life to do, Jesus ****ing Christ, the boys abysmal and no amount of confidence will make him a premiership striker.

I actually laughed when I read this. This sort of vitriol is something I normally associate with irrational behavior; I can only conclude that Kane must have wronged you in the past. Did he park his Ferrari across your drive or something?

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Last week Kennedy was not happy at being taken off and O'Halloran showed his displeasure the week before. They are all wanting to play which can only be good for the team

Yes, I wasn’t saying that this was a bad thing, just suggesting that it wasn’t due to injury. The substitutions are why we didn’t win the game, in my opinion. It was at that point we started hitting long, and the pressure on us started to increase - they looked more likely to score than us by the end.

Having seen the BBC highlights I feel the pass from MOH to Kane was a touch to far behind him. If that was in front of him and the conclusion was the same I can understand the anger from those on here who watch him a lot. It almost seems the difference with the goal May scored was that the pass for the assist was perfect - going the direction of the goal and the right weight, Kane had to take too much of a touch on his.

Still not sure the foul for the County goal was a foul. Murray never even saw the guy and was clearly jumping for the ball rather than climbing on the guy.

Richard Foster trying to celebrate in front of the Saints fans was quite funny - either do it or don't. Half a celebration and then he ran away. Classless.

46 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Having seen the BBC highlights I feel the pass from MOH to Kane was a touch to far behind him. 

It wasn't, the highlights actually make it look a harder chance than it was. He was clean through with just the keeper to beat, he missed the target. Get him as far to **** from Saints as possible.

51 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Having seen the BBC highlights I feel the pass from MOH to Kane was a touch to far behind him. If that was in front of him and the conclusion was the same I can understand the anger from those on here who watch him a lot. It almost seems the difference with the goal May scored was that the pass for the assist was perfect - going the direction of the goal and the right weight, Kane had to take too much of a touch on his.

Swanson's pass was a belter but I think May actually still takes a touch before scoring...something Kane just couldn't do. Just different levels I suppose. Probably explains why May has had £1m in transfer against his name and Kane won't.

1 hour ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

It wasn't, the highlights actually make it look a harder chance than it was. He was clean through with just the keeper to beat, he missed the target. Get him as far to **** from Saints as possible.

OMG you really are not his biggest fan are you  :roll: 

1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

I think if you get past all that, there's a player in there somewhere... :wink:

Well, for a Championship team - Partick, Inverness, etc. he could be a great player given regular games, but he’s not an impact substitute in the SPL which is what we need towards the end of games.