Ross County v St.Johnstone 05/10/2019

McCarry One Nil

17 hours ago, Linky said:

Also - why can’t we take penalties? If we’d have put the last two away, we’d be in 8th place in the table right now. Surely something you practice regularly. Our set pieces in general are a huge weakness.

Why do we change the penalty taker every time they miss one. If they miss a couple on the trot yes but not after their first one. Look at all the top player’s that have missed one or two then carry on taking them. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

OMG you really are not his biggest fan are you  :roll: 

I've given him more chances than I'd care to remember, I really wanted the boy to do well, as I do with all our youngsters. There comes a time when you're not a wee laddie anymore and you have to take responsibility for your work, that's the same in every walk of life. Chris Kanes time to take responsibility for his work has arrived, he's shown what he is capable of and that's not at our level. Off you pop son and find your level because it ain't at Premiership St Johnstone. 

I know this is a forum and all, but how many times do we need to say Kane is shite? Even if he is, a bit. It isn’t going to make him any better, and might make him worse. Can’t help thinking his mates, family and bird probably see this as well. It’s becoming a bit of a shame. Hasn’t the point been well and truly made now? 

3 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I know this is a forum and all, but how many times do we need to say Kane is shite? Even if he is, a bit. It isn’t going to make him any better, and might make him worse. Can’t help thinking his mates, family and bird probably see this as well. It’s becoming a bit of a shame. Hasn’t the point been well and truly made now? 

I think for a few us, such us myself, I have always been positive on the lad and generally hate to rail on players.  So for those who have finally seen enough, after having some patience, we are saying this for the first time.... need our voice heard man!

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

What? 

If anyone reads a football forum and actually cares what we say then theyll never make it in football, we're all just clueless folk hammering out opinions based on not very much.

As I said, I doubt if we all suddenly showered him in praise and belief that he'd suddenly become amazing, so I doubt us criticising him will make him any worse.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

What? 

If anyone reads a football forum and actually cares what we say then theyll never make it in football, we're all just clueless folk hammering out opinions based on not very much.

As I said, I doubt if we all suddenly showered him in praise and belief that he'd suddenly become amazing, so I doubt us criticising him will make him any worse.

He’s had plenty time and knows his level

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I believe the guy scored 15 goals in 21 games for Dunbarton in 2014/15. Surprised he didn't get called up for Scotland.

If only the Dumbarton manager had made the case in the press he would have done. This trick doesn't work for Saints managers. Just those of clubs such as Motherwell and probably Livingston now too.

For years Kane has divided support.   I really don't know why, as he has been so clearly out of his depth for years  it is untrue.

The simple fact is, he is still here as he is cheap. He was  obviously a cheaper alternative to Cummins and McMillan. He is nowhere near as good as those two players.

I would not say he is "shite" he is better than that, but the paltry number of Saints fans still kidding themselves on that Kane is a Premiership player are becoming increasingly embarrassing.

9 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

For years Kane has divided support.   I really don't know why, as he has been so clearly out of his depth for years  it is untrue.

The simple fact is, he is still here as he is cheap. He was  obviously a cheaper alternative to Cummins and McMillan. He is nowhere near as good as those two players.

I would not say he is "shite" he is better than that, but the paltry number of Saints fans still kidding themselves on that Kane is a Premiership player are becoming increasingly embarrassing.

If he had scored with his chances on Saturday would you have still been posting this?

From what you and @RandomGuy have been posting I can only assume you would have. 

If he had scored with his chances on Saturday would you have still been posting this?

From what you and @RandomGuy have been posting I can only assume you would have. 

But he didnt. Just like he doesn't every time he gets those chances, see also the cup game at McDiarmid.

Hes scored 3 goals in 18 months, and was first choice for at least 7 months of that. You simply cannot argue that's good enough.

Isn't that kind of the point though - he didn't score the chances. He has a highlight reel of terrible misses and he only seems to add to it every time he plays.

He's nowhere near good enough with his finishing to justify a regular spot in our team. If he's to be either the main striker or the second choice behind May, we really should be looking to see what else is out there next summer as right now there's not much in Kane's game that makes him indispensable. 

2 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

May 1 goal on Saturday,  Kane 0 goals on Saturday. 

May on for 90 mins. Kane on for 20 mins.

May misses a chance & couldn't score with free hit from 12 yards. Kane has a couple of shots blocked & got into more scoring positions in 20 mins them May got in in 90.

37 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

3 goals from open play in 18 months make Kane shite, 1 goal from open play in 18 months make May our saviour, the joys of football fans !!

I'd be loathe to judge May on his time at Aberdeen, considering he spent the majority of his time in midfield.

Kane isnt good enough to be an important striker in the top flight, hes proven it with us, time after time. May is now getting his chance in this team, and it's up to him to prove hes now good enough. 

20 minutes ago, Cagey said:

May misses a chance & couldn't score with free hit from 12 yards. Kane has a couple of shots blocked & got into more scoring positions in 20 mins them May got in in 90.

Fairly damning there Cagey considering May scored with fewer chances as you put it.

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

YES BUT MAY ACTUALLY SCORED.

Everything else is absolutely irrelevant because Kane doesnt score goals. Hes played almost 20 90 minute matches in the league in 2019 and scored 3 times, two of those against an awful St Mirren side. 

You can talk about May's record at Aberdeen if you want, but hes previously been prolific at this level and clearly still has something. It says it all we all seem happy to gamble on him recovering that form than gamble on Kane scoring enough to help us out.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

May isn't proven yet in his new tenure with us, but he sure as hell proved in the past his ability to score and change the ****in history of the club, aka Aberdeen semi.

How can you seriously compare these two players? To compare to this one match is not logical, I hate your argument here.

And if you must do that, look at the goal May did score, his movement, positioning and clinical finish. 

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

May isn't proven yet in his new tenure with us, but he sure as hell proved in the past his ability to score and change the ****in history of the club, aka Aberdeen semi.

How can you seriously compare these two players? To compare to this one match is not logical, I hate your argument here.

And if you must do that, look at the goal May did score, his movement, positioning and clinical finish. 

We are talking about this one game. One guy getting progressively & one getting glorified for similar outputs.

I hope May turns out to be the goal scorer we know he can be.

Kane has regressed from the player we hoped he would be but to criticize a player who is obviously trying his best is not helpful.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

We are talking about this one game. One guy getting progressively & one getting glorified for similar outputs.

I hope May turns out to be the goal scorer we know he can be.

Kane has regressed from the player we hoped he would be but to criticize a player who is obviously trying his best is not helpful.

How can you continue to debate this? One scored one fell on their arse, twice.

We are hardly going up to him and the street and shouting abuse in his face by having a debate here. His stats don't lie - he isn't cut out for this level.