Ross County v St.Johnstone 05/10/2019

McCarry One Nil

5 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

When have you ever had one of those? I was merely expressing my opinion on you actually comparing and insinuating that Chris Kane is better, or was at least on Saturday, than Stevie May.

Never once said he was better than May. Just think the criticism by some on here was unfair & comparing the outcome of both players on the day.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

We are talking about this one game. One guy getting progressively & one getting glorified for similar outputs.

I hope May turns out to be the goal scorer we know he can be.

Kane has regressed from the player we hoped he would be but to criticize a player who is obviously trying his best is not helpful.

I think the debate here is someones best isn't good enough, and the point of a forum is to discuss all such stuff with vinegar or sugar....

23 hours ago, Cagey said:

Kane has regressed from the player we hoped he would be but to criticize a player who is obviously trying his best is not helpful.

Im not sure anyone is criticizing his efforts to be fair, just the current showing of his ability.

His form at Dumbarton and QOS was promising, however he has not really kicked on from that and it is looking more and more like that was his level. 

The frustration for many I think is the continued perseverance in him by the manager over a younger striker that has showed some potential when its becoming clear he wont be an Premier League striker. 

For what its worth when weighing up the pros and cons of each I think Kane and Hendry are about on Par, its unfortunate that from our striking options we have one first choice striker and two third choice ones

8 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Im not sure anyone is criticizing his efforts to be fair, just the current showing of his ability.

His form at Dumbarton and QOS was promising, however he has not really kicked on from that and it is looking more and more like that was his level. 

The frustration for many I think is the continued perseverance in him by the manager over a younger striker that has showed some potential when its becoming clear he wont be an Premier League striker. 

For what its worth when weighing up the pros and cons of each I think Kane and Hendry are about on Par, its unfortunate that from our striking options we have one first choice striker and two third choice ones

Hendry is 4 years younger and has looked far more composed in front of goal when he's played. Don't think it's fair to say he's on a par with Kane. Kane's had his chance, he's missed it, (sound familiar?) time to move on and give Hendry the chance Kane got

48 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Hendry is 4 years younger and has looked far more composed in front of goal when he's played. Don't think it's fair to say he's on a par with Kane. Kane's had his chance, he's missed it, (sound familiar?) time to move on and give Hendry the chance Kane got

Yup that's his good points but I think Kane gets in better positions and gets more chances and is overall more involved and probably a bit stronger and smarter. So weighing up the two I don't think there is much between them.

One striker who gets chances and misses (however with that there is law of averages and all that) but contributes a bit more v someone who may not really be seen for three out of four 20 min spells but scores in one of them 

I do think hendry needs to now be given a chance however 

Hendry scores, Kane doesnt.

I dont think either are great as lone strikers, but as an option coming off the bench to get a goal/partner May if we change shape, I'd be far happier with the boy scoring than the one who isnt.

Give Hendry games and minutes to gain experience and I think he'll progress beyond Kanes level quite quickly. Hes just a bit naive just now.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Hendry scores, Kane doesnt.

I dont think either are great as lone strikers, but as an option coming off the bench to get a goal/partner May if we change shape, I'd be far happier with the boy scoring than the one who isnt.

Give Hendry games and minutes to gain experience and I think he'll progress beyond Kanes level quite quickly. Hes just a bit naive just now.

I like Hendry & would like to see him get more game time but he is not a prolific goal scorer.. 5 in 27 appearances for Saints & 1 in 12 appearances for Brechin.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

I like Hendry & would like to see him get more game time but he is not a prolific goal scorer.. 5 in 27 appearances for Saints & 1 in 12 appearances for Brechin.

How many of those games were 10 minutes off the bench? 

Plus over the course of a season that’s a striker with 8/9 goals. Which is more than they managed combined last season and more than Kane’s managed in about 3 seasons. You’re providing the facts to screw up your own argument.