Sign in to follow this  
callander saint

2018/2019 FINANCIAL FIGURES

Saints yesterday released their Financial  Accounts for the 12 months to 31st May 2019 showing a Trading Loss of £150,000 . Although not great news at least we have the comport of having almost 2 million in the  Bank to cover this loss. Today I have read that Caley Thistle are holding an Extraordinary Meeting tonight to try and raise funds to ward off Administration . Apparently they are about to release their  Financial Accounts showing a yearly loss of £800.000 !!! . Without wanting to gloat about Caley Thistle's problems I think this just shows how important it is for clubs our size to have Directors who are prudent and do not let their hearts rule their heads. At times S Brown might appear pretty tightfisted but  this is necessary for the long term future of our club.

I actually don't think he has been tightfisted. We've got some good players. When was FYE? March 31st? If so, it wouldn't take into account players off the books, resignings & May. If only we could double our adult season tickets to 1,500 & get a home support of 3,500 we'd be sweet. If only... what proportion of revenue is from non-football activities? The hospitality always seems to do well. 

That Championship must be a killer, debt ridden.  Mind the last time we were rekegated we had to severely make cuts.  Evident old SPFL teams who have been relegated do not make adequate cuts and will clearly be in debt.  This why it is vitally important for our club never to get relegated.  Alloa and Arbroath probably only 2 living sensibly in that league.

£150k loss is managable Id guess.  Not at the stages of buying a brick yet.

15 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I actually don't think he has been tightfisted. We've got some good players. When was FYE? March 31st? If so, it wouldn't take into account players off the books, resignings & May. If only we could double our adult season tickets to 1,500 & get a home support of 3,500 we'd be sweet. If only... what proportion of revenue is from non-football activities? The hospitality always seems to do well. 

I personally feel that S Brown supports our Manager very well from our limited resources but certain fans feel he is rather tight with our cash . Year  End for the Accounts is 31 May 2019 . Turnover in total is 4.7 Million but this is not broken down into separate categories so I am unable to comment re Hospitality Income as a % of Total Income.

7 minutes ago, callander saint said:

I personally feel that S Brown supports our Manager very well from our limited resources but certain fans feel he is rather tight with our cash . Year  End for the Accounts is 31 May 2019 . Turnover in total is 4.7 Million but this is not broken down into separate categories so I am unable to comment re Hospitality Income as a % of Total Income.

SB has supported Tommy with funds despite him spunking cash on wages for shite to sit in the stand.

A summary of the loss and finances in general was discussed by the Directors at the open night thing a month ago? An excellent summary of the finances/meeting in general was posted on here (or maybe it was Paulo on P&B).

Anyway...yes, clearly relegation wouldn't be great but our finances are such that we would be in a better state to deal with it than most clubs.