Sign in to follow this  
callander saint

2018/2019 FINANCIAL FIGURES

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

This part of your post should help you win post of the week so far. Never a truer word said, they are all complicit in this but only Tommy will carry the can and get the stick which is wrong imo. 

He does deserve some by the way but he's not the only one.

Tommy wants O’Halloran ..gets him... doesn’t play him

Tommy wants Swanson ... gets him...doesn’t play him

Tommy wants May ... gets him...plays him as a lone striker ... really ...

in many cases it’s the player not wanting to come to our club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

Tommy wants O’Halloran ..gets him... doesn’t play him

Tommy wants Swanson ... gets him...doesn’t play him

Tommy wants May ... gets him...plays him as a lone striker ... really ...

in many cases it’s the player not wanting to come to our club

As I said, Tommy deserves some stick,  not it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

As I said, Tommy deserves some stick,  not it all.

I’m not getting at anyone .. I’m like everyone else on here.. have a view not saying it’s right or wrong.. just hoping/wanting the best for our wee team :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wendy Saints said:

I’m not getting at anyone .. I’m like everyone else on here.. have a view not saying it’s right or wrong.. just hoping/wanting the best for our wee team :-) 

The structure of our club is amateur, it's run like Jeanfield with a bigger budget,  not like a top 10 side in a country. Now that has its pluses and minuses, we can all see this. There are several reasons why it is taking lifetimes to bring it out of the dark ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

The structure of our club is amateur, it's run like Jeanfield with a bigger budget,  not like a top 10 side in a country. Now that has its pluses and minuses, we can all see this. There are several reasons why it is taking lifetimes to bring it out of the dark ages.

Exactly. It's a myth that Saints are a well run club. There may be no debt but that's a different thing entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

So which clubs are better run than Saints and how do you measure it?

I'd say any club that doesn't have a transfer/business model based solely on the whims/mood of one bulletproof individual.

Edited by rik2304

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Exactly. It's a myth that Saints are a well run club. There may be no debt but that's a different thing entirely.

Of course there are always areas for improvement, but to me this statement is just bizarre. We've comfortably stayed in the top flight for over 10 years, recently won our first cup, had several recent European qualifications, and consistently appointed successful managers, and done it all whilst staying debt free, owning our own stadium and surrounding land and amassing £2 million in the bank, despite our fairly crap average attendances. On what basis are Saints not a well-run club? What else could the club do or achieve that would make it well run in your eyes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Of course there are always areas for improvement, but to me this statement is just bizarre. We've comfortably stayed in the top flight for over 10 years, recently won our first cup, had several recent European qualifications, and consistently appointed successful managers, and done it all whilst staying debt free, owning our own stadium and surrounding land and amassing £2 million in the bank, despite our fairly crap average attendances. On what basis are Saints not a well-run club? What else could the club do or achieve that would make it well run in your eyes?

Couldn't agree more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Of course there are always areas for improvement, but to me this statement is just bizarre. We've comfortably stayed in the top flight for over 10 years, recently won our first cup, had several recent European qualifications, and consistently appointed successful managers, and done it all whilst staying debt free, owning our own stadium and surrounding land and amassing £2 million in the bank, despite our fairly crap average attendances. On what basis are Saints not a well-run club? What else could the club do or achieve that would make it well run in your eyes?

Despite all that the crowds havent risen, the income hasnt risen, and the on field performances are dipping.

A well run club would've built on those foundations and pushed on more, Saints seem happy to assume the same old would continue to work, and we're now being left behind by the likes of Motherwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Despite all that the crowds havent risen, the income hasnt risen, and the on field performances are dipping.

A well run club would've built on those foundations and pushed on more, Saints seem happy to assume the same old would continue to work, and we're now being left behind by the likes of Motherwell.

So what would you say the club should have done differently to push on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

So what would you say the club should have done differently to push on?

Try and attract people to buy season tickets. 

We had 15,000 fans at the Cup Final, thousands at the parade, you have over 6000 coming to every European game. At all that, I never once seen anyone be handed a form for season tickets.

Theres still not a database for fans, I buy online tickets and it doesnt store your information, I always click to revieve offers etc. through my email, again, nothing. Half season tickets advertised on FB, surely me as a online ticket buyer who is giving them my email address every week and asking to recieve offers is a prime candidate to be told about that? Not a single email.

Our transfer strategy, and how its implemented, is still a disaster. This Summer simply forced into the spotlight how it works, in terms of scouting/negotiating. A competent club doesnt lose, arguably four, first team defenders in one window and replace them with a kid who's never played a senior game, and a loanee the manager has watched once. A lot of our players have been signed through the same agency, and most aren't found by scouting, just by tip offs from agents (Drey Wright, for example, was through Allan Preston).

Financially, you cannot fault the club, but it's wrong to be suggesting they're succeeding at other parts. We've been a top flight side for a decade now, and in terms of cash at the bank are in the top three in the entire country, we seem on course to whittle that all away.

Edited by RandomGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Try and attract people to buy season tickets. 

We had 15,000 fans at the Cup Final, thousands at the parade, you have over 6000 coming to every European game. At all that, I never once seen anyone be handed a form for season tickets.

Theres still not a database for fans, I buy online tickets and it doesnt store your information, I always click to revieve offers etc. through my email, again, nothing. Half season tickets advertised on FB, surely me as a online ticket buyer who is giving them my email address every week and asking to recieve offers is a prime candidate to be told about that? Not a single email.

Our transfer strategy, and how its implemented, is still a disaster. This Summer simply forced into the spotlight how it works, in terms of scouting/negotiating. A competent club doesnt lose, arguably four, first team defenders in one window and replace them with a kid who's never played a senior game, and a loanee the manager has watched once. A lot of our players have been signed through the same agency, and most aren't found by scouting, just by tip offs from agents (Drey Wright, for example, was through Allan Preston).

Financially, you cannot fault the club, but it's wrong to be suggesting they're succeeding at other parts. We've been a top flight side for a decade now, and in terms of cash at the bank are in the top three in the entire country, we seem on course to whittle that all away.

Yep, I do agree with most of that. The failure to capitalise on interest at the time of the cup final was absolutely criminal, and the club has been very slow to embrace online ticketing (just as it always has been with anything online). I've never had a single email from Saints, but I regularly get emails from random English clubs who I bought a ticket from once seven or eight years ago.

But I would still say that the club's actual achievements speak for themselves - not just financially, but on the pitch. I think it could be argued that Saints are a well-run club because they've managed to stay successful and competitive despite all of the flaws we all recognise. If we go down, my view on that would probably change.

I wouldn't really agree with the previous comment about us being left behind by Motherwell. For as long as I've been following football Motherwell have always been an up-and-down club, with a few good seasons here and few bad seasons there. Perhaps that's basically what Saints are now too - and to be honest I'm good with that, as long as the bad seasons don't involve relegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this