St Mirren v St Johnstone Saturday 19th October

R.B.B:- Adz

I’m sure many will disagree & there will be the usual round of “be careful what you wish for” . What I don’t wish for is to be relegated and that’s exactly where we’re headed at the minute. Forever grateful to Tommy for everything he’s given to St JOHNSTONE but nothing In football lasts forever. Especially in football management 

3 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

I’m sure many will disagree & there will be the usual round of “be careful what you wish for” . What I don’t wish for is to be relegated and that’s exactly where we’re headed at the minute. Forever grateful to Tommy for everything he’s given to St JOHNSTONE but nothing In football lasts forever. Especially in football management 

I agree, sad but reality

12 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Who do you get?? I would give him until end of November, but I am increasingly sceptical of an upturn in our fortunes. Defence is atrocious.

Give him a month, but there are other managers out there, not the usual suspects, but lets not kid ourselves that there are no decent options, because what I have watched this season  the manager is not getting enough from these players, and they also should have a good look at themselves too many shitebags wearing the jersey just now, folk moan about Callum Davidson being too jolly not taking it seriously, but what does cleland offer as an assistant, not a lot? But ultimately Tommy is the man that runs this and buck stops at his door.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

1 minute ago, Saints11 said:
2 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Who do you get?? I would give him until end of November, but I am increasingly sceptical of an upturn in our fortunes. Defence is atrocious.

We’ve two games before the end of the “first round of fixtures” Get someone in sooner rather than later. None of this vote of confidence from the board then lingering on till December then doing it & giving a new manager funds in January to try & give us a chance of avoiding relegation when we’re adrift at the bottom. Do it now, be decisive & give a new manager as much time as possible to address this

5 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

tinkers with the team too much, need a consistent starting lineup to settle in together, just hope he hasn't lost the locker room. If thats the case, then we/he is done and a new manager is needed to bring , (what looks like a talented group) into a team.

12 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Who do you get??

An argument only made through fear of taking the necessary step, and in Wright's case, sentimentality.  It's pretty obvious that we're going nowhere, and perpetuating the current situation only makes it worse.  Brown has said he's got names in mind.  Time to let go.

Amongst a plethora of worrying aspects of today’s loss has to be the ease with which St.Mirren scored their second goal and then the lack of passion show by 8 or 9 of our players to do anything about going 2-0 down.

Far from lurching for the panic button but this is the most concerned I have been this season so far. 

31 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

sentimental pish

The sentimental pish was bringing back May. We needed a big strong Centre forward who can hold the ball up and score as we play one up front. They had one today, his first chanced and he scored. I said it when we signed him he will be lucky to get double figures. May needs to play in a 4-4-2. Tommy is never going to play that formation.

St Mirren earned a rousing win in Paisley as their first goals in four games ensured St Johnstone remain the only side without a Scottish Premiership win.

After a bright start, St Johnstone faded badly and remain rooted to the bottom of the division. Their only win this season in all competitions came against League two side Brechin City in the League Cup group stage in July.

This is why his time is up

Just now, Johnny B said:

The sentimental pish was bringing back May. We needed a big strong Centre forward who can hold the ball up and score as we play one up front. They had one today, his first chanced and he scored. I said it when we signed him he will be lucky to get double figures. May needs to play in a 4-4-2. Tommy is never going to play that formation.

I wholeheartedly agree and you can add MOH and Swanson to that list also

9 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

St Johnstone remain the only side without a Scottish Premiership win.

Their only win this season in all competitions came against League two side Brechin City in the League Cup group stage in July.

Never mind being the only side in the Premiership without a win, we’re on one of the longest winless streaks in Europe.

E641DDCF-98A6-4D8A-ABEA-B70CEF23F4E8.jpeg