St Mirren v St Johnstone Saturday 19th October

R.B.B:- Adz

St Mirren are shyte.  Fact. They are lucky still to be in this league with the playoff penalty win.  They create and score very little by all accounts.   I'd say they are the worse team in the league and will finish bottom.

But saying all that how furkin gash are we.   Wage thieves, no better than Championship level by all accounts.  If the first quarter has been tough, dread to think how many points we can muster at the half way stage.   We've always went on decent runs in previous season, guess take that decent run away we are cannon fodder.  Getting beat from Montrose should have been the wake up call... too many players not performing. Why is that TW?

If it turns into a dog fight end of season our players have just given us a glimpse of how they manage that.  If we cant get out of this situation and are left in a scrap I don't feel we have the players capable of winning a end of season fight for survival. 

2 huge games next, 6 points and nothing less is the demand

Edited by Dave H

Four points out of a possible 27 just isnt cutting it.Fully paid up member of TW fan club but seriously worried now.

When you are leaking dodgy goals AND firing blanks then it is a recipe for a disaster. Tommy cant explain away that result with hard luck stories.I have absolutely no idea who can get more out of our squad,but promoting his assistant wont change much.

Hugely annoyed, frustrated and thoroughly disappointed

Relegation this year I'm afraid. Not even good enough for the playoffs. Getting rid of Tommy will change nothing - Not that I am advocating he stays but this team just isn't good enough. Defence is calamitous and the guys up front are just not doing it. Our seasons are made on how we do against the St Mirrens, Livingstones etc. No win since Brechin in July Says it all.

Best chance of a confidence boosting win was today.

That's a really, really poor performance and result.

The players are really letting themselves down at the moment. A lot of faith has been shown in a number of them and they are not repaying that faith.

Very disappointing attitudes on display.

17 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Apparently, the previous two were as well.  We've taken 1 point. I don't see us getting that out of the next two games.

Wright's run his race.

We do better away from home as well.

We must take at least 4 points from next two games . If not whole coaching team has to go along with goalkeeping coach.

Tommy says he is letting the club down & the players are certainly letting the club down. Mainly the players then.

Wright is the guy that signs the players,coaches the players & dicides formations & tactics.

He said there are no leaders on the park. Well you selected the young captain & made Liam & Fozzy joint joint vice captains ,where are they now ?.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Tommy says he is letting the club down & the players are certainly letting the club down. Mainly the players then.

Wright is the guy that signs the players,coaches the players & dicides formations & tactics.

He said there are no leaders on the park. Well you selected the young captain & made Liam & Fozzy joint joint vice captains ,where are they now ?.

49EB76F2-2EBA-4885-893E-79472D0258E7.jpeg

That team on the pitch today was not a Tommy Wright team - the irony being, that he signed/gave a new contract to every single one of them.

If you think of guys like MacKay, MacLean, Easton, Millar, Wright, Anderson - they are leaders. Not a single player on that pitch has the respect of the whole dressing room or the will to grab a fellow professional by the scruff of the neck when the manager is not in the room and tell them that they are stealing a wage.

Poor to watch, could tell after we fluffed our early chances where the game was headed, and it felt like the players knew too. 

First goal dreadful, boy looked offside but you just cant let opposition players have enough space to overhead kick a ball from 6 yards, Frazer Wright would be diving head first at that ball. After that we gave up, dont think we had a single shot worth talking about and the attack just completely shut down.

Kennedy tried things, and MOH caused an issue or too, but there was nothing else. St Mirren just had to thumps balls in behind our centre halves and complete panic ensued. 

Todays the day we'll look back on at the seasons end and wonder why anyone was still thinking we'll be safe.

FWIW, I think on average you need at least 36 points to survive.

We need to pick up 32 points from our next 29 games.

At a guess we need to win at least 8, probably 9, of those 29. Take out the OF games as we dont seem to win those anymore, then you're potentially looking at 9 wins from 25 games.

We've picked up 5 from our last 25, with 2 coming against an abysmal Dundee. 

If you take 38 points as the safe target, we have 25 games to get 34. If we win 10, we'd still need 4 draws, which means we can only afford to lose 11 more games this season against non-OF sides.

In other words, I think we're already down. I have zero faith in the defence allowing us to win that many games from this position.

Edited by RandomGuy

2 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Relegation this year I'm afraid. Not even good enough for the playoffs. Getting rid of Tommy will change nothing - Not that I am advocating he stays but this team just isn't good enough. Defence is calamitous and the guys up front are just not doing it. Our seasons are made on how we do against the St Mirrens, Livingstones etc. No win since Brechin in July Says it all.

Can't take chances - concede for fun. 

The toxic mix.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

FWIW, I think on average you need at least 36 points to survive.

We need to pick up 32 points from our next 29 games.

At a guess we need to win at least 8, probably 9, of those 29. Take out the OF games as we dont seem to win those anymore, then you're potentially looking at 9 wins from 25 games.

We've picked up 5 from our last 25, with 2 coming against an abysmal Dundee. 

If you take 38 points as the safe target, we have 25 games to get 34. If we win 10, we'd still need 4 draws, which means we can only afford to lose 11 more games this season against non-OF sides.

In other words, I think we're already down. I have zero faith in the defence allowing us to win that many games from this position.

Are we now the abysmal side?  If we dont beat Hamilton at home next it's looking impossible to predict when we will win again?    Getting beat in Paisley is the clearest alarm to hear.  Alarm bells must be the current status in the club. 

Our biggest mistake was not signing an experienced centre back. Too many thought Kerr and Gordon would come good. They have not

Most wanted May back into the fold but our formation does not suit his style of play. Today, he was an expensive version of Kane tried and worked hard but failed miserably.

As for fight and passion from the players most of them will away next season so they do not care. 

I too fear the worst. Down and never to be seen again in the Premiership. 

Edited by Johnny B

14 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Are we now the abysmal side?  If we dont beat Hamilton at home next it's looking impossible to predict when we will win again?    Getting beat in Paisley is the clearest alarm to hear.  Alarm bells must be the current status in the club. 

If you dont see a relegation candidate in the room beside you, it probably means it's you.

7 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

The alarm bells were ringing 25 games ago get real unless major change we are f####d

25 games ago takes us back to last seasons winter break. Were we not easily in the top half at that stage?

That takes us back the current form had it not been for the early points in the bag we would have been fighting relegation nothing has improved since then in fact they have regressed stats are stats, facts are facts. The facts are uncomfotable reading but you cannot argue with them as it stands we are in dire straights and staring down the barrel of the gun

3 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

True

Cant paper over the cracks.

relegation might not be a bad thing

look at county

15 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

That takes us back the current form had it not been for the early points in the bag we would have been fighting relegation nothing has improved since then in fact they have regressed stats are stats, facts are facts. The facts are uncomfotable reading but you cannot argue with them as it stands we are in dire straights and staring down the barrel of the gun

Agree totally. The rot set in when we signed Goss and changed our play to suit. We have never recovered and its been downhill ever since.

We did not recruit well, can't defend and can't score which now is a recipe for relegation.

That is all the responsibility of the manager.