St Mirren v St Johnstone Saturday 19th October

R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, slf said:

relegation might not be a bad thing

Get this chat to ****. By the looks of things we'll be rebuilding our squad, on a massively reduced wage bill (this is apparently our biggest ever, more than half the players will leave if we're relegated, and Brown wont gamble financially on getting promoted first time), and theres every chance we have to compete with two Dundee sides massively overspending, a Partick side who should be better next season, and likely an overspending Falkirk.

County had a top 8 wage bill the season they got promoted.

Edited by RandomGuy

16 minutes ago, saintee in exile said:

Theres no way we are getting relegated with this squad.Calm yourself down

I dont see how you can say that after todays showing which was effectively a full strength side, and the fact we're now 9 games without a win.

The lowest any team has survived with lately is 33, and that's with absolute shite in the league. When theres no obvious weak side then it goes above 37. 

That means we'd need, at least, 33 points from the next 29 games. We've won 6 games in all competitions in 10 months. 

Edited by RandomGuy

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Scottish Premiership 2019/20 - To Finish Bottom

Sun, 20 Oct
St Mirren7/4
Hamilton2/1
St Johnstone9/2
Ross County11/2

Updated - William Hill - still has us at better relegation odds than Hamilton & St Mirren, even after today.

What's Hearts odds, they should be listed there too as they are as awful as us. 

46 minutes ago, Dave H said:

What's Hearts odds, they should be listed there too as they are as awful as us. 

With their crowds & spending power you would expect them to buy themselves out of relegation although in the past they haven't managed it.

Same with Hibs so I think County,Still Kitten & Hamilton are our competition.

Edited by Cagey

Well today was the day I decided that it’s time for Tommy to fall on his sword and move aside. The performance today was abysmal, embarrassing and showed the deficiencies in his ability to set up a team, manage recruitment and influence a games outcome. It really angers me when so many come on here with the constant ‘who’s better that is going to replace him’ or ‘be careful what you wish for’ etc. WAKE UP, we are going down, sleep walking to relegation! Is TW really our only choice? Of course not and it’s incumbent on the board to identify a successor. Livi, St Mirren, Killie have all recently brought in fresh management blood and are reaping the benefit. To say that there are no suitable replacements is just plain stupidity and I now hope the board have ideas of who they want to take over. TW is a legend, would love a stand named after him but it’s time for fresh blood. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Get this chat to ****. By the looks of things we'll be rebuilding our squad, on a massively reduced wage bill (this is apparently our biggest ever, more than half the players will leave if we're relegated, and Brown wont gamble financially on getting promoted first time), and theres every chance we have to compete with two Dundee sides massively overspending, a Partick side who should be better next season, and likely an overspending Falkirk.

County had a top 8 wage bill the season they got promoted.

Reality hurts dude

it fuc kin hurts. face it 

4 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

Well today was the day I decided that it’s time for Tommy to fall on his sword and move aside. The performance today was abysmal, embarrassing and showed the deficiencies in his ability to set up a team, manage recruitment and influence a games outcome. It really angers me when so many come on here with the constant ‘who’s better that is going to replace him’ or ‘be careful what you wish for’ etc. WAKE UP, we are going down, sleep walking to relegation! Is TW really our only choice? Of course not and it’s incumbent on the board to identify a successor. Livi, St Mirren, Killie have all recently brought in fresh management blood and are reaping the benefit. To say that there are no suitable replacements is just plain stupidity and I now hope the board have ideas of who they want to take over. TW is a legend, would love a stand named after him but it’s time for fresh blood. 

Yep

3 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Looking across social media it's pretty obvious the consensus is that we are going down. More worrying is the team are thinking this way too. 

Getting pumped by St Mirren, no wonder we are throwing the towel in as fans. Win our next 2 games and we'll be talking top 6.   (Well maybe not, but you know what I mean)  can change very quickly..   

the management and players aint thinking this, they are just shell shocked.  We are too good to go down, but we will if we cant get points of the relegation candidates... we become that team for the drop

3 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

We are not too good to go down at all. Yes we have on paper a great looking attacking midfield and striker but our defence is by far the worst in the league, poorly assembled and simply not good enough. This is why we are not too good to go down!

We dont have the worst assembled team, by far from it, they are therefore too good to go down. Its a simple throw away comment.  On paper it reads this.  Getting points and victories is another matter of confidence.

Another horrible show. Through thick and thin and trying to motivate my kid who has only seen good times. First half neat tidy football and good chances to finally lead in a league game this season. Chances missed and same old story we gift  goal. Good finish but piss poor defending . At half time I was in the mind frame we would come out and have a good go and the rewards would come. Sadly there was only one team that came out second half. 

Could have and should have been more than 2 .

No leaders on the park . Defence all young boys getting punished and pulled all over the place . May as a 1 up top is not and never will work. Never looked like scoring but never got any quality service. Kennedy for me has been piss poor this season. Down far too easy and would rather try to take the opposition on himself than pass . Eventually giving the ball away and ending with him looking like Peter MacDonald on the turf again and again.

Back to 442 but who knows what defence to play at moment, booth at centre back? Said at the start o the season we needed a target man in the box with the players we have out wide . 

23 minutes ago, full steam ahead said:

Another horrible show. Through thick and thin and trying to motivate my kid who has only seen good times. First half neat tidy football and good chances to finally lead in a league game this season. Chances missed and same old story we gift  goal. Good finish but piss poor defending . At half time I was in the mind frame we would come out and have a good go and the rewards would come. Sadly there was only one team that came out second half. 

Could have and should have been more than 2 .

No leaders on the park . Defence all young boys getting punished and pulled all over the place . May as a 1 up top is not and never will work. Never looked like scoring but never got any quality service. Kennedy for me has been piss poor this season. Down far too easy and would rather try to take the opposition on himself than pass . Eventually giving the ball away and ending with him looking like Peter MacDonald on the turf again and again.

Back to 442 but who knows what defence to play at moment, booth at centre back? Said at the start o the season we needed a target man in the box with the players we have out wide . 

We went 4-4-2 yesterday and didnt create anything, and probably looked worse. Find it a bit weird everyone seems convinced that's some mythical answer.

I certainly wouldnt be dropping Kennedy either, theres a reason hes being forced to try and take on entire teams himself. Same with O'Halloran. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We went 4-4-2 yesterday and didnt create anything, and probably looked worse. Find it a bit weird everyone seems convinced that's some mythical answer.

I certainly wouldnt be dropping Kennedy either, theres a reason hes being forced to try and take on entire teams himself. Same with O'Halloran. 

What I find weird is how most teams when they are trying to turns things round they rrevert to 4-2-4. To me if you start with 4-2-4 you won't need to turn things round as you will be starting on the front foot.

5 hours ago, Dave H said:

Getting pumped by St Mirren, no wonder we are throwing the towel in as fans. Win our next 2 games and we'll be talking top 6.   (Well maybe not, but you know what I mean)  can change very quickly..   

the management and players aint thinking this, they are just shell shocked.  We are too good to go down, but we will if we cant get points of the relegation candidates... we become that team for the drop

I think you make a good point about the players being shell shocked, I think they had confidence going into this season, now they wake up to being bottom of the table with a boss publicly stating there are no leaders on the team. 

34 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What I find weird is how most teams when they are trying to turns things round they rrevert to 4-2-4. To me if you start with 4-2-4 you won't need to turn things round as you will be starting on the front foot.

Almost every club, and manager, in the top flight doesnt start with a 4-4-2, including the best two.

Its clearly nowhere near this wonderfully effective attacking formation that everyone paints at is. Yesterday we went 4-4-2, and minutes later the spare man St Mirren had in midfield, since we no longer had the same numbers, was left in acres of space in the box for a cut back. An incident which didnt come close to happening before the formation change. The only chance we had after going to 4-4-2 was Kennedy from 30 yards after he beat a couple of players on his own, as the huge gaps in the middle of the park meant we could build anything centrally.

But yes, every manager is missing out on some great trick by not doing it, as it guarantees you victory and glory.

Edited by RandomGuy