St Johnstone v Hamilton 26/10/19

tucker

Struggling to understand the pining, and I'm not aiming that at the OP, but it's been all over FB/P&B/Twitter, for Callum Booth.

Hes a left back who was released by a team in the division below and has 118 top flight games to his name, with likely a handful at centre back. 

Struggling to what real quality, or experience, hes meant to be bringing?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Struggling to understand the pining, and I'm not aiming that at the OP, but it's been all over FB/P&B/Twitter, for Callum Booth.

Hes a left back who was released by a team in the division below and has 118 top flight games to his name, with likely a handful at centre back. 

Just think we need a change at the back,to be honest he's the only lad not been given a chance,I'd play him at centre half he has played there half a dozen times for United last season

CLOSE THE EAST, ORMOND & NORTH STANDS

Maybe the wrong thread but for matches against teams such as Hamilton with a small travelling support I think we should be moving all the fans into the main stand.  The days of filling McDiarmid are sadly long gone and most likely will never return. Even when we play the old firm we’re lucky to get a crowd of 6,500. We’re on a poor run and I’m aware that there are a number of other factors and this is by no means a magic wand solution, but perhaps by gathering the fans in one stand we might be able to create a better atmosphere to support the team. All said knowing that I’m a season ticket holder in the east stand

1 hour ago, Saints11 said:

CLOSE THE EAST, ORMOND & NORTH STANDS

Maybe the wrong thread but for matches against teams such as Hamilton with a small travelling support I think we should be moving all the fans into the main stand.  The days of filling McDiarmid are sadly long gone and most likely will never return. Even when we play the old firm we’re lucky to get a crowd of 6,500. We’re on a poor run and I’m aware that there are a number of other factors and this is by no means a magic wand solution, but perhaps by gathering the fans in one stand we might be able to create a better atmosphere to support the team. All said knowing that I’m a season ticket holder in the east stand

I don’t like the main stand. Maybe even enough to sway me towards not attending. Maybe not, but an equivalent view isn’t an option.

8 hours ago, tucker said:

Just think we need a change at the back,to be honest he's the only lad not been given a chance,I'd play him at centre half he has played there half a dozen times for United last season

Fair enough, I cant see any benefit to changing the defence again, but we're at desperation stage now.

No idea how we set up, no idea how Hamilton are playing or looking. Feel like theres more harm than benefit in disrupting the defence again, theres doesnt seem to be better in reserve so we'll just have to let them play together and hope it settles down.

Probably be worth getting Craig into midfield again, since we're pining for experienced voices/leaders. Feel like Wotherspoon should start too, we seem to play better with him there, O'Halloran has been our best attacker this season. Kennedy doesnt deserve dropped. McCann didnt deserve dropped. Davidson is still our best CM and itll be a scrap v Hamilton. Holt hasnt had time to settle and promises quality. Wright needs game time to get back up to speed. Swanson has the ability to create goals out of nothing. I could probably argue against any of them at the same time.

May is still our best striker and needs game time and goals. Kane would do his running, Hendry has a habit of getting goals and wins plenty in the air. But then again, could make an argument against them all.

Do we go 4-4-2? Five in midfield with an attacking midfielder, or a holding midfielder? Back five to try something different?

I've no clue. Potentially the most important selection of the season, and I've absolutely no clue what our strongest set up is. Good luck Tommy :lol:

This is a pivotal game for us. If the lads love Tommy as much as they all claim, they will be fired up and fighting for him from the first whistle.

I've no idea what our starting XI should be, but I think there are certain players we need to hit form if we are going to move up the table.... Time for them to step up.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Callum Booth I believe was signed up by Bury and only become available due to their demise, If they had survived (Bury) then he may have been performing for/in a better team than Joe the throw, so he may be of similar standard, Only one way we find out and play him I suppose.    

48 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Callum Booth I believe was signed up by Bury and only become available due to their demise, If they had survived (Bury) then he may have been performing for/in a better team than Joe the throw, so he may be of similar standard, Only one way we find out and play him I suppose.    

Were Bury not just desperately signing every player they could to try and have a squad?

13 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

The best view is from the back of the West stand, that's not even debatable, better leg room and higher above pitch. Only downside is you can sometimes hear SLFs mutterings.

Its freezing up there.

25 minutes ago, Rob said:

Closing the East Stand - no thanks.

I want to be able to see the players come out, managers raging at the players and referees etc. Best view is from the East Stand. One day they'll name it the Tommy Wright Stand.

Team needs to be consistent, not changing every week.

Best view is categorically not from the East Stand. Back of the Main is MILES better. 

the suits sit there for a reason! 

the players running out the tunnel.. I’ve heard it all now!