St Johnstone v Hamilton 26/10/19

tucker

44 minutes ago, saint in the city said:

according to the BBC , Callum Davidson handled in the box for Accies penalty :roll:

22 minutes ago, john.w said:

They also said Spoony cracked a shot of Zander,s crossbar, feckin muppets

Hahaha so fekin funny they need to get a grip and catch up with reality and what's happening at saints how many years ago did Calum last play for us

Edited by dunkeldneil

Young McCann was utter class today for us.

Callum Hendry has scored 3 goals this season.............same number as fans favourite and how will we manage without him scored in the league last season......Tony Watt. - Time for the young man to get a run up front alongside Stevie May - Callum in the role a young May played and Stevie the role of Macca

Played with a lot of spirit, dominated the match and deservedly took the three points.  The fans who were there got behind the team brilliantly - great collective effort.

The defending in the main is still pretty shambolic at times but going forward Spoony and Kennedy were a constant threat.  Hendry took his goal quite brilliantly - an excellent striker - maybe our best in the squad at the moment?

I really think we will win again on Wednesday.  You the fans are needed - lets get there beat the Jambos and get off the bottom.  Enjoy the cervezas comrades.

Onwards...

Stevie May put a hell of a shift in today for someone who was carrying an injury and was a doubt. Almost got on the end of a great cross, set up Spoony’s first with a smart lay off and generally held the ball up well today. Having Kennedy up top to help him out showed he may not have lost it, maybe that slight swagger but still a good player. 

Thoroughly deserved win today with some fantastic performances from Spoony, McCann, Muzz and Kerr. Seeing the celebrations at the 3rd goal and the end showed it meant a lot to most of the players. Only downside was Duffy who basically again gave away the goals and again looked out of his depth. Straight through middle at first and totally stupid free kick to give away at the second. Dread to think what Ikpeazu will do against him on Wednesday. Personally would bring in Madis for that one.  Still shouldn't grumble too much and let's celebrate a couple of  great finishes and enjoy the evening. Upwards and onwards. Let's now get off the bottom of the league. 

Smashed them, could have been 7-2.  Brilliant win.  I know i had given in at the 2-2 equaliser, I had zero hope of a goal.  So glad the players dug deep to shut me up with our third.

That defensive organisation is still a shambles.  I shyte myself on ever attack.

Must win game, we got it, lets see the bounce through the team now. Well played, smashed them, lets take Hearts now as they have had a brutal calendar year just like us and are very much there for the taking.

What a good feeling tonight, enjoying a few drams of the finest whisky of our land!    Settle the emotions, what a rollercoaster of a game.

Edited by Dave H

Yes. Plenty more of that please.

Ali Mcann outstanding, Kennedy on fire if a bit greedy, Tanser and Muzz in good form. Spoony? Probably the best I've seen him play to be honest. He strutted about like he owned the place which gave him the confidence to score two sublime goals. Only the post denied him the match ball, another sublime effort.

Criticism? At 2-1, Easton was knackered. Tommy should have removed the ineffective Drey Wright and replaced him with MOH. He'd have had a field day.

But more of the same on Wednesday, the beer is flowing, cheers troops.

25 minutes ago, cristo said:

Yes. Plenty more of that please.

Ali Mcann outstanding, Kennedy on fire if a bit greedy, Tanser and Muzz in good form. Spoony? Probably the best I've seen him play to be honest. He strutted about like he owned the place which gave him the confidence to score two sublime goals. Only the post denied him the match ball, another sublime effort.

Criticism? At 2-1, Easton was knackered. Tommy should have removed the ineffective Drey Wright and replaced him with MOH. He'd have had a field day.

But more of the same on Wednesday, the beer is flowing, cheers troops.

The post denied him? Not having that, he put a ball over an open goal from 6 yards.

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

Hopefully that ends the Kane/Hendry debate.

Kane would have hit the crematorium.

just saw highlights again, what a finish from Henry, he made it look easy, but was not.

Sadly, I thought exactly the same when I saw the ball break to saintee at back post....who do you want...

Great result and we mustnt grumble but still feel we need to be getting the first goal and even when we went 2-1 up we needed to get another. At 2-1 it always looked like we could get punished for not taking our chances. Just feel we would benefit with Hendry up front with May. Give the wingers more of a target. Ralston down the left and Tanser on the right are like an extra set of wingers on the park at the moment.

Edited by Rob

I reckon that's the best Saints performance I've seen from Spoony- he looked dangerous coming inside and was a real leader for the team today.

McCann was outstanding and it's hard to believe how composed he is on the ball at just 19. At the start of the season I thought there was points he was a bit naive with runs off him, but even in the short time he's been in the team he's improved in that area. He barely wasted the ball the whole game, kept the play ticking over and looks like the kind of player that can go on to a higher level.

Duffy a major concern for me and May didn't look as sharp as I would hope. Wright also was a bit rusty and isn't up to the standard he was at last season- will hopefully come with time.

Great finish from Hendry at the end.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Today we saw the Spoony that we know is in there ,as well as his giving the ball away. Only problem is he only does it in about 1 game a season.

Spoony is a class act. We are and always have been a better team when he plays. Consistently gets assists and goals. Yes he loses the ball a lot but that's because he never hides and never just punts it aimlessly. He should be first pick for left midfield, we are a far more balanced team when he plays.

38 minutes ago, Broon said:

Spoony is a class act. We are and always have been a better team when he plays. Consistently gets assists and goals. Yes he loses the ball a lot but that's because he never hides and never just punts it aimlessly. He should be first pick for left midfield, we are a far more balanced team when he plays.

It's hard to argue against this..Season after season I've always thought there was "better" starting options, but as a side we do tend to look more balanced with him in the team. When playing one up front I think it's important to have wider players that can cut inside as well. Spoony looks a better player when he's able to come inside from the left.

I also think Kennedy would benefit from a run centrally. Leaves a fight between Wright and MOH for the right side.