St Johnstone v Hamilton 26/10/19

tucker

27 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Only one to pop there heads above the parapet.

I do not think one win has changed many peoples mind about the defensivce shambles Tommy has created. We may concede 2 goals every game but will certainly not score 3 in every match. Tommy is the only one who can sort this out.

I cannot understand your thinking that this win 3v2 has changed much, the team spirit is there but is was there when we fought back to get our draws.

I was not planning to say anything about the defense only enjoy our win but I will not be hypocritical  and not reply to your comments. 

We can't get carried away by a win against Hamilton who are still favourites for the drop.They had 2 shots on target & 2 goals.We have a goalie short on confidence& a young defence lacking experience & time together. Given time I think they should be ok. If we show similar energy & fight against Hearts instead of Tommy's fear against the so called big teams I might be convinced but if not the jury is still out on Tommy.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

instead of Tommy's fear against the so called big teams I might be convinced but if not the jury is still out on Tommy.

Absolute bollocks.

Simple question, easy to answer since "Tommy bottles it against big teams at home", how many times have Hearts beat us at McDiarmid in the league since TW took charge?

And that's ignoring the fact we've gone to Pittodrie and Easter Road this season and been the better side both times. 

Plenty of ammunition to use to criticise the club and TW this season, so why make shit up?

Edited by RandomGuy

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Absolute bollocks.

Simple question, easy to answer since "Tommy bottles it against big teams at home", how many times have Hearts beat us at McDiarmid in the league since TW took charge?

And that's ignoring the fact we've gone to Pittodrie and Easter Road this season and been the better side both times. 

Plenty of ammunition to use to criticise the club and TW this season, so why make shit up?

Last Feb after the break we went to tyncastle & at that point we were still doing ok. Wright lined us up 5-4-1 against a side that were not great & went on to have as bad a run as us.

Just one of the examples of his negativity against teams outside the bottom 6.

Not sure about us being the better team at pittodrie & Easter road but maybe you can find some more examples since we played Dundee off the park at Dens  Park leading us to believe we had a decent team.

15 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Last Feb after the break we went to tyncastle & at that point we were still doing ok. Wright lined us up 5-4-1 against a side that were not great & went on to have as bad a run as us.

Just one of the examples of his negativity against teams outside the bottom 6.

Not sure about us being the better team at pittodrie & Easter road but maybe you can find some more examples since we played Dundee off the park at Dens  Park leading us to believe we had a decent team.

I asked about at home in the league, seeing as the next game is, you know, at home in the league. 

On a lighter note, does Zander ever wear a bunnet?  I presume Accies won the toss and made us switch to play towards the Ormond stand perhaps as advised by big Brian.  Most round me in the East Stand were shading their eyes because of the dazzling sun to watch the action at that end and Zander too was shading his eyes when the ball was safely up the park.

5 minutes ago, south inch said:

On a lighter note, does Zander ever wear a bunnet?  I presume Accies won the toss and made us switch to play towards the Ormond stand perhaps as advised by big Brian.  Most round me in the East Stand were shading their eyes because of the dazzling sun to watch the action at that end and Zander too was shading his eyes when the ball was safely up the park.

WAP at its best.

Last time I saw a keeper wear a bunnet was John Martin in the mid 90's, Jim Leighton was vaselining up his eybrows and Scotland were still qualifying for major tournaments...... There is clearly a link here, scrap project whatever we are on and caps and vaseline for all

*Edit* I see Joe Hart has worn one since 

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

Last weeks no show in Paisley still hurts.  Good effort to beat Accies  however did we take the foot of the gas at 2-1?  I thought we did which allowed Accies to get involved more. We need 2 or 3 goal lead before taking a breather.   Great 3 points this weekend to keep us on the tail of the rest.  Tight!!   StMirren and Accies still gotta be favs for bottom 2?

20191027_173107.jpg

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You were talking about our next match, and suggesting we'll struggle in it because of "Tommy's fear of the big teams". We've never lost to Hearts at McDiarmid, in the league, with him as manager.

Did you have to go and say that........

Ok, very pleased to get the win, but I don’t actually think we played that well. Hamilton were just awful. We have played better this season and lost (or drawn perhaps). McCann was brilliant as usual, and Spoony gives us a much better shape, allowing Tanser to get forward and much better overlaps.

May played his worst game so far. He was invisible, not much in the way of runs, the ball bouncing off him. I’m no fan of Kane, but even he looked more likely to score. The defence looks shaky under any kind of pressure.

I find Kennedy frustrating. He has moment of brilliance but seems to often just run the ball into corners, and misses the passes that May needs. 

This is the key problem. We are not playing to May’s strengths, but hitting it down the wing and crossing the ball into the box as if Gregory Tade is there ready to head it in rather than Stevie May. May needs the quick balls through the middle of the defence to run onto. No one is providing that, or even playing it through the centre. Only time it did work was when Swannie played there against Ross. The whole game plan needs to change to utilise May’s strengths.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Ok, very pleased to get the win, but I don’t actually think we played that well. Hamilton were just awful. We have played better this season and lost (or drawn perhaps). McCann was brilliant as usual, and Spoony gives us a much better shape, allowing Tanser to get forward and much better overlaps.

May played his worst game so far. He was invisible, not much in the way of runs, the ball bouncing off him. I’m no fan of Kane, but even he looked more likely to score. The defence looks shaky under any kind of pressure.

I find Kennedy frustrating. He has moment of brilliance but seems to often just run the ball into corners, and misses the passes that May needs. 

This is the key problem. We are not playing to May’s strengths, but hitting it down the wing and crossing the ball into the box as if Gregory Tade is there ready to head it in rather than Stevie May. May needs the quick balls through the middle of the defence to run onto. No one is providing that, or even playing it through the centre. Only time it did work was when Swannie played there against Ross. The whole game plan needs to change to utilise May’s strengths.

This is the problem. We are adept at winning the ball back, getting organised, spreading the ball wide, and letting our wingers create... that totally bypasses Stevie May. Balls into the box will never be his forte.

The hope is that Tommy recognises this and encourages Kennedy, Wright, Wotherspoon, O’Halloran and Swanson to start cutting inside and seeking out May’s runs.

All that happens currently is that May drifts wide to try and pick up balls intended for our wide players, leave no threat in the box. Worrying!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

12 hours ago, Linky said:

I have to believe you weren't at the game on Saturday. We were outstanding at times and if we had not got that late winner I would start to believe that we were never going to get a break. 

Spoony was brilliant and didn't pass to the oppostion as he usually does - shame he didn't convert the sitter he missed. Kennedy was again in great form, his centre of gravity is unbelievable and Dre Wright is coming on nicely. Jason looked like his old self and Ralston showed why he is on Celtic's books. McCann looks so mature and confident on the ball he will have a huge carreer.  My man of the match was Muzz. He was all over the place and was driving the team all game - when Murray is breaking things up in midfield like he was we are a different team.

Harsh to criticise May he runs all game and we don't always see the work he does creating space for others.

Great win over a gritty Ham team- don't underestimate them. This was a huge lift for everyone.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I have to believe you weren't at the game on Saturday. We were outstanding at times and if we had not got that late winner I would start to believe that we were never going to get a break. 

Spoony was brilliant and didn't pass to the oppostion as he usually does - shame he didn't convert the sitter he missed. Kennedy was again in great form, his centre of gravity is unbelievable and Dre Wright is coming on nicely. Jason looked like his old self and Ralston showed why he is on Celtic's books. McCann looks so mature and confident on the ball he will have a huge carreer.  My man of the match was Muzz. He was all over the place and was driving the team all game - when Murray is breaking things up in midfield like he was we are a different team.

Harsh to criticise May he runs all game and we don't always see the work he does creating space for others.

Great win over a gritty Ham team- don't underestimate them. This was a huge lift for everyone.

Might agree with this except what you said about Jason - he’s a long way off his firm of early last season. As for Ralston, on what I’ve seen, I don’t think he’s going to make it at Celtic.