St Johnstone v Hearts 30/10/19

tucker

Hopefully two wins on the trot, would stick with the starting eleven against Hamilton if no injuries. Bring on young Hendry with 30mins to go.

Hopefully a clean sheet, This will be a hard gritty game I feel both clubs not wanting to lose this one.

Still every hopefully we sign some experience free agent to assist the younger players at the back. Think every pundit and journalist has said the same thing, I'd imagine Tommy has been knocking on the chairman's door,we will see

Coys let's get us up the league

Same eleven, barring injuries, I think.

Maybe bring in Vihmann for Duffy due to Hearts tactic being to pump it up to their big lump striker, who then falls over to win a free kick which they pump in towards their big lump striker. Vihmann is the tallest man alive so should combat the free kick deliveries. Duffy seems a better all round player from what we've seen so far though. Maybe sway MOH and Wright, Wright showing flashes of his old self but still rusty, MOH would be more dangerous just now, and might not be wise to push Wright considering the injury he had.

Up front no idea. Still feel like May needs to keep playing, but you cant ignore Hendrys goal record. Ideally youd play both but cant see us doing that against Hearts. Not sure any of the three are suited to being the lone man as it is. 

Then you wonder if he drops an attacking player and tries to go more solid.

As I say, to me I think we keep the same eleven and try and start strong. First goal is the winner in this one, we cant afford any daft defensive errors that hand them a goal as if we do they wont be as bad defensively as Hamilton.

Callum Hendry will get his starting chance, says St Johnstone boss

Callum Hendry was exactly the sort of impact player Tommy Wright needed at the weekend.

And the St Johnstone manager has assured his super sub that he will get his chance as a starter as the season progresses.

The young striker has come off the bench to score vital goals against Livingston and, on Saturday, against Hamilton Accies.

Wright knows all about Hendry’s natural ability to find the net but he also knows there is still work to be done to turn him into a “90 minute player”.

“Callum’s finish was excellent and seeing it again on television it looked even better,” said the Perth boss.

“At the time I thought he had more of the goal to hit but it was a really tight angle when you watch it back.

“That sort of goal is all about natural ability. He’s an instinctive striker and there’s no doubt he scores goals.

“What Callum has to do is put it all together when he starts games because you need a 90 minute player.

“But he’s had a great impact from the bench this season.

“He will start games. There is no doubt about that. He will get his opportunity.

“So the chance will come and he’s got to be ready to take it.

“He is someone I am quite hard on him at times but that’s because I know the ability is there.

“Callum has been so eager to do well at times. He sometimes forgets the simple things we ask from him.

“There is no doubt he has a lot of ability and will have a huge part to play for us this season.”

Saints face Hearts at McDiarmid Park and have the opportunity to jump over their opponents in the Premiership table – as well as other sides near the bottom.
Wright said: “You are always surprised to see clubs like Hearts down there because of the size of club they are and the resources they have.

“People will probably say they’re surprised to see us where we are with the squad we’ve got, but it happens.

“This is a tough league and the results show you that outside the Old Firm, everyone is capable of taking points of everyone else.

“It’s very tight at the bottom and I always think 36 points is where you have to get to.

“Every season we set out to get our first win – it has taken a hell of a lot longer than we wanted this year – and then get to 10 points.

“We can do that this week if we beat Hearts, so hopefully this is our season starting properly now.

“The results were good for us on Saturday. We gained on a lot of teams. But we have to do it for ourselves by winning matches.

“It’s small steps, it’s each game at a time and we have to try to get on a winning run.”

Edited by chips

This game will definitely be a different kettle of fish altogether.

As poor as Hearts have been, underestimate them at your peril. 

They are a physical side and that is something we are not! The one physical player we do have literally gets penalised every week, merited or not. Couple that with the general lack of protection our team get and you can see it’s a recipe for defeat! 

I even noticed in a match report recently the writer stated ‘Davidson received his customary booking’ 

Apologies for the slight lack of optimism in this post!!

Hoping for the best expecting the worst!!