St Johnstone v Hibs 09/11/19

tucker

this stop-start season is infuriating for us fans and must be so for the players, too. No game last week, now a game against Hibs and then yet another sodding international break. I'm sick of them. The last two seasons have been absolutely ruined by the number of blank weekends.

1 hour ago, sleepless said:

this stop-start season is infuriating for us fans and must be so for the players, too. No game last week, now a game against Hibs and then yet another sodding international break. I'm sick of them. The last two seasons have been absolutely ruined by the number of blank weekends.

Another free week on 8th December with Celtic in Final.

That's now games with Rangers & Celtic to rearrange. With them both in Europe will we get them played before the split.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Another free week on 8th December with Celtic in Final.

That's now games with Rangers & Celtic to rearrange. With them both in Europe will we get them played before the split.

I can't see why they can't squeeze a game against either on the 2nd January - we have a break after the game against Ross on Sunday 29th. Highly unlikely though.

Lets be honest these games against the OF are a waste of time anyway. 

35 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I can't see why they can't squeeze a game against either on the 2nd January - we have a break after the game against Ross on Sunday 29th. Highly unlikely though.

Yeah,but we don't want too many of them together as that killed us last season.

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,but we don't want too many of them together as that killed us last season.

I’d take extra fixture now to be fair when we only have one registered injury. I can’t remember the last time we had so few injuries/suspensions at this stage of a season - I’ve seen it in double figures in November/December. 

8 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’d take extra fixture now to be fair when we only have one registered injury. I can’t remember the last time we had so few injuries/suspensions at this stage of a season - I’ve seen it in double figures in November/December. 

TW in the papers today saying Davidson, Wotherspoon, McCann and Kennedy would all likely have been missing if we had a game in the weekend just past...

Hibs will be harder to beat than both Hamilton and Hearts, so a real test of how much this upturn in form is down to us, and how much is done to how poor those two sides were.

15 minutes ago, Linky said:

I can’t quite decide whether their manager going is better for us or not. Will they be more disorganised, or will it give them more energy as they try to impress whoever comes next?

I think the latter is more likely but if we play to our strengths with same lineup ,same formation,same tactics & same determination we should get the points.

Hibs score a few but they also lose a few so play to our strengths not theirs.

19 hours ago, SaintJet said:

You can guarantee we will get them rearranged and then draw one of them in the cup and have to play two or three games in a row again.

3 hours ago, St. Paddy said:

Am i correct in saying we are the BBC alba game for the 3rd week running?

I would be curious to know what our win:lose ratio is when we're on Alba, because it seems to me we have a very, very good record when we're on it. Maybe I just gloss over the defeats, but I'm sure I've watched far more wins than losses on Alba.

10 hours ago, sleepless said:

I would be curious to know what our win:lose ratio is when we're on Alba, because it seems to me we have a very, very good record when we're on it. Maybe I just gloss over the defeats, but I'm sure I've watched far more wins than losses on Alba.

Someone who works for Alba told me that if the recording doesn’t come out right, the clubs are contractually obliged to play the game again, making sure it’s the same score. It’s happened two or three times, apparently. That’s why, in these games, the players look so tired.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Looking forward to this. It's time we started seeing a more confident Saints at home. I think we will take the game to Hibs and I'm confident we can win this. A Kane double for a Saints win.

Thought Paul ran a pub in Edinburgh now..........some come back at his age to score 2 in his first outing.