St Johnstone v Hibs 09/11/19

tucker

Hibs unlucky not to win by more, can only assume they took pity on us in the final ten minutes. 

Missed the game until the first goal, which literally went in as soon as I walked in and saw the game. After that we looked like we were struggling to cope with the diamond, Wotherspoon had absolutely no idea where he was playing so was being dragged all over the shop. Thought we got a grip of things when we switched to the diamond ourselves, started to hold the ball and build attacks, Wright and Kennedy both causing problems. Still in with a chance if we can score the next goal.

Then the manager loses the ****ing plot. Takes off Wright, chucks on Hendry, and effectively leaves the midfield 3 playing against 5. Hibs take advantage of the absolute swathes of space that one of their players always have in the middle.

TW decides to make that issue even worse by putting O'Halloran into mix, and Hibs are then able to simply cruise to victory.

Defence is soft as shite, and I'm convinced, and have been convinced all season, theyll relegate us, but TW has to take a massive slab of the blame there. Hes the one who's been so obsessed with getting another job hes desperately tried to prove all the "anti-football manager who only plays pensioners" crowd wrong that hes absolutely ****ed us this season by building this meek, pathetic, rag tag group of kid defenders. I've genuinely no idea what he expected to achieve with the half time changes. 

Only benefits are he'll maybe have, finally, learned his lesson that attack isnt the best form of defence, theres absolutely no chance he'll be getting the Northern Ireland job if that's what hes serving up, and May scored the type of goal which suggests all is not lost for him. 

At least we can't lose next weekend.

60 minutes of dug shite, I'm not wasting my time watching shit poor defending.  2nd game in 30 years that I have walked out early, where do I go to get a refund for todays ticket, players should have their wages docked. Abysmal.

Pop star wannabes.   4 horrendous goals to concede, Christmas is next month for gifts. 

TW aint going no where  he was never offered jobs when successful, doubt he'll get offers just now on last 12-18 months of anti football.

Well done TW for playing May alone and isolated, so entertaining!!   

Edited by Dave H

15 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We might be in trouble I'm starting to think.

11 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Welcome.  Some of us figured that out three months ago.

That today was still better than the second half away to St Mirren, before folk start thinking it cant get worse.

Players have games where they just completely give up, which doesnt bode well when you're fighting relegation. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

...we looked like we were struggling to cope with the diamond, Wotherspoon had absolutely no idea where he was playing so was being dragged all over the shop.

13 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We might be in trouble I'm starting to think.

We are of Tommy keeps showing the naivety and pigheadedness that he showed today. The formation that he started with was perfectly acceptable... but after about 4 minutes it was abundantly clear that Hibs had outfoxed us... CHANGE IT STRAIGHT AWAY MAN!!!!!

Another weekend ruined.:cry:

Hibs played well, Saints werent at it. Did anyone see Mays goal. Not ashamed to say I had enough at 85 mins. Willie Millar said it was good on the radio. Stating the obvious but defence needs sorted, soft as anything.

Edited by Rob

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We went two up front after their second, and played with a central 3 up front after half time.

Damage done 451.  After 2nd goal you say?  I seen the switch but was not anything like last 2 games 442, Kennedy wasnt up far enough in first half today.. I'd argue all day long with you it was 1 up front first half, but cant be arsed just like our defence.

TW got it all wrong.  

On 11/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Cagey said:

We  have defeated 2 reasonably poor teams.

We have to win this one to show we have  turned the corner. 

Normal service resumed.

Tinkerman just can't help himself. Thinks he is a master tactician. We got results with Spoony out wide & Kennedy behind May but for some reason he switches them today. We all know that Spoony is useless anywhere but wide left & he helps cover for Tanser who is a poor defender.

Swapped them after game was gone at 2-0.

Edited by Cagey

9 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Damage done 451.  After 2nd goal you say?  I seen the switch but was not anything like last 2 games 442, Kennedy wasnt up far enough in first half today.. I'd argue all day long with you it was 1 up front first half, but cant be arsed just like our defence.

TW got it all wrong.  

I didnt see the game until the first. After that we played a flat 5 with May isolated, Kennedy left and Wotherspoon somewhere (did we start like that?). After the second he switched to a diamond midfield to match up with Hibs.

Kennedy up front with May, Wright behind them, and Davidson/Wotherspoon either side of McCann.

Half time he changed it with Hendry beside May, and Kennedy behind them. Midfielders, as always, too determined to chase a goal, Kennedy gives it away, 3v2 and game completely over. After that was just a mess, midfield completely vanished, TW seemed clueless about how to sort it, O'Halloran ended up just running about with the ball, then not tracking back when he lost it, Hendry and May had shots marking their right back because nobody else was bothering. Neither full back was helping out the central players, Davidson went headless, McCann was completely swarmed, Wotherspoon vanished.

The whole game was a complete ****ing mess. From the very first moment I saw nobody deserves to get away without criticism. The manager and players are equally as culpable.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I didnt see the game until the first. After that we played a flat 5 with May isolated, Kennedy left and Wotherspoon somewhere (did we start like that?). After the second he switched to a diamond midfield to match up with Hibs.

Kennedy up front with May, Wright behind them, and Davidson/Wotherspoon either side of McCann.

Half time he changed it with Hendry beside May, and Kennedy behind them. Midfielders, as always, too determined to chase a goal, Kennedy gives it away, 3v2 and game completely over. After that was just a mess, midfield completely vanished, TW seemed clueless about how to sort it, O'Halloran ended up just running about with the ball, then not tracking back when he lost it, Hendry and May had shots marking their right back because nobody else was bothering. Neither full back was helping out the central players, Davidson went headless, McCann was completely swarmed, Wotherspoon vanished.

The whole game was a complete ****ing mess. From the very first moment I saw nobody deserves to get away without criticism. The manager and players are equally as culpable.

Wright is clueless every week .His sub's are usually too late & baffling.

We would not have lost those first 2 goals if Ando was there.

Kerr has lost it completely. May be the captaincy too much for him

43 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

And there are no viable alternatives for the defence either:sad:

What alternatives are there? A squad put together with wingers for fun and no decent right back at the club.

Our right back on loan from Celtic has yet to show me a full 90 minute performance.

The game on 21st December v St Mirren is looking massive.

4 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

What alternatives are there? A squad put together with wingers for fun and no decent right back at the club.

Our right back on loan from Celtic has yet to show me a full 90 minute performance.

The game on 21st December v St Mirren is looking massive.

We sacked our no.1 right back.