St Johnstone v Hibs 09/11/19

tucker

1 hour ago, akuram said:

Just watched the start of the game on saints tv and I cannot understand why we persist with Jason Kerr. He lost us the game in the second minute with that slip that surely any other CH in the league would have dealt with. Hibs got a lift and never looked back. Clark also needs dropped as he keeps pushing shots out not to the side where there is a chance it would be safer.

If the big Estonian or Booth cannot get in our defence at the moment they never will and if not why waste money signing them.

Exactly this. Kerr has been utter mince. If we have both and Vihman fit and they cannot get into that defence, then why are they there? Another couple of Keown type signings.

Clark too has been very poor this season. He is rooted to his line/6 yard box, yet cannot command the 6 yard box. Worst of both worlds. His kicking is utterly awful.  How many times does he put it out of play or away from our players. There was one occasion yesterday where all 20 outfield players with the exception of 1 hibs player were within 20 yards of each other, yet he managed to 'find' the one free hibs player. Parrish must be a better option at the moment.

How have we managed our recruitment to end up with so many midfielders, but bigger all up front and at the back?

May does a hell of a lot of running, but he's never going to get goals coming towards the touchline. I get why he is doing it, but given the wingers we have, just get him to stay central. He 100% benefits from another forward player chasing down the defence. 

What is really frustrating is that it is the same defensive mistakes every week.

I really like Tanser, but I think he’s more of a left-winger than a defender. He can be really good going forward, but gets bullied off the ball and is often at fault at the back. Ralston just isn’t good enough, and I said that from the first game. Kerr and Duffy are doing their best, but they are two young lads who look lost. Clark is the biggest disappointment - he flaps, he punches, he miskicks. I think this back 5 would struggle in the Championship, let alone the SPL. It’s a problem of Tommy’s own making.

Very dissapointing on Saturday. After us showing some real guile in the last two matches we looked like a team lost again.

Losing a goal so early is a killer and the defending was awful all afternoon. Teams will be watching this  showing and will target our lack of awareness in defence; Tanser was constantly being doubled and no one took the initiative and plugged the gaps. We can all see that defence is our biggest issue and until we sort this out we will struggle. I'm worried about Zander's confidence, he looked a shell of the big goalie backing up Manus.

I left after the fourth goal and honsetly thought it would five or six.

Off topic I went to the Institute for a couple of glasses as I wasn't driving; boy that place has really deteriorated over the years.

6 minutes ago, Linky said:

It seems to me that anyone who gets the ball into our box is very likely to score. Hearts and Hamilton just didn’t get the ball into the box.

Tommy said we started brightly - we conceded in the second minute! So, we were bright for all of 120 seconds.

The goal was 90 seconds! If we were bright at all, it was for 30 seconds.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Could not bring myself to watch Alba, Sportscene was bad enough could have been 6 or 7  God knows where we go from here , will be a wee mini league at bottom between 3 or 4 to see who goes down.

I think it is between us & Hamilton,St Mirren & possibly County. Hamilton have been over the course for a few seasons now & expect them to deal with it. Midden have a good support who will see them through like last season.

Doesnt take a genius to see where our weakness is. Not a coincidence Hibs went with 2 up front. Both Kerr and Clark kept us in games last year with great saves and last minute tackles. Its just not happened this year. We lost Shaugnessy but he didnt want to be at Saints so end of season was the time to start looking and just didnt find a replacement. Hard to believe how much praise our defence got last year.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

All the opposition need to do is pump a high ball into our final third of the pitch and they are near guaranteed a goal. Unbelievably poor stuff.

Not strictly true, we got the better of Hearts hoofball, they thought exactly that tactic and had little threat.    Cant explain this one off though v Hearts though.   100% poor stuff, we are all sick of it!