Tommys CV

andy rhodes fancy watch

So Tam thinks he has a stand out CV for the multitude that'll apply for the N.I. job, do fellow Saints fans agree?

Personally i think his CV doesn't read that great tbh, I also think he's a decent manager but would be found out at international level. Having witnessed his **** ups and sometimes masterclasses throughout his time at Saints I reckon the short 2 game bursts of international football will be to his detriment and if I was a proddy Irishman I'd be looking elsewhere. 

I think he would do well as NI gaffer.  2 aspects, will he apply? (I'd think he might be interested) And is it likely NI offer the position to him? (Impossible to know, I'm not convinced but do worry of the distraction it will cause... recall the Rangers distraction a few years back handled very poorly and to the detriment to the team)

Think his CV is good, guessing a couple of manager of the month awards, record breaking run shut outs, record breaking undefeated run, exceeding expectations with continued high placed finishes, a trophy, results in Europa home and away, Not scared to discipline players - freeze them out or sack them.  Well spoken in the press.   Good guy by all accounts.  Also has legend status.

27 minutes ago, Dave H said:

results in Europa home and away, 

This is the one closest to international football imo. As good as the Luzern and Rosenborg wins were, there were also Alashkert, Minsk and Trakai. That first half against Trakai still gets me seething, Tommy ****ed that up pure and simple.

Don't think he will be offered the North of Ireland job, they have a more dynamic option in Robinson, he will see out his contract with us, Brown will not get rid of him early, as he will not be willing to pay his contract in full. Could be a difficult couple of seasons for us.

3 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

So Tam thinks he has a stand out CV for the multitude that'll apply for the N.I. job, do fellow Saints fans agree?

Personally i think his CV doesn't read that great tbh, I also think he's a decent manager but would be found out at international level. Having witnessed his **** ups and sometimes masterclasses throughout his time at Saints I reckon the short 2 game bursts of international football will be to his detriment and if I was a proddy Irishman I'd be looking elsewhere. 

At least he won't have to sign players.

His CV of achievements with Saints is clearly excellent - I really don't understand how anyone could suggest otherwise.

I think the thing that could really count against him is the fact that, Luzern and Rosenborg aside, we have often disappointed in Europe when playing against sides that we would have hoped to have a decent chance against. Sussing out foreign opposition and getting the team playing above itself is basically the entire job for a Northern Ireland manager.

Trouble is we are now in a sort of limbo.  Brown will not consider sacking Tommy and paying compensation when there is a chance of him getting the NI job and being paid compensation.

PS Sorry Tommy I have not forgotten our day in May.  If/when you do leave I will expect to be sitting in the Tommy Wright Stand soon after.