Saints v Aberdeen Sunday 24/11/19 @3pm.

Cagey

18 hours ago, Rob said:

As soon as it came to Cosgrove, before he hit it, it looked like it would be going in. Couldnt have been in a better position. Its a bit hazey in my mind but if I recall we had the usual slapstick slipping from our defence in the run up.

I predict that on Sportscene they will say definitely sending offs and absolutely no comment on the fouls that occurred in the build up to them. 7 points from the 12 available in the 4 home games is decent. 

First half blink and you missed it, did stevie even play ??

19 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

9 men....we only need 9 men...and a useless Ref.

Dons fouled repeatedly throughout, which had Saints fans off their seats appealing for free kicks and Clancy shaking his head indicating NO.

Loudest cheer ( well almost) when he agreed and awarded free kicks a couple of times.

Brilliant move for Kennedy's goal, expertly put away.

Must play 2 up front.

Spirit of the team lifted with  the fans backing.

Bee  missing aw season 

21 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

First half blink and you missed it, did stevie even play ??

Yeah,might not have noticed on TV.

Tommy gave him a 3 year contract on the strength of what he did 5 years ago. He failed to take into account that he had a major injury & looks like he doesnt want to jump or tackle incase he damages it. Looks like he just runs about to look like he is doing something.

Might be a different player with someone up front with him to do the tough stuff whilst he runs on to passes ,but as long as Tommy is going 1 up front then it can't be May.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,might not have noticed on TV.

Tommy gave him a 3 year contract on the strength of what he did 5 years ago. He failed to take into account that he had a major injury & looks like he doesnt want to jump or tackle incase he damages it. Looks like he just runs about to look like he is doing something.

Might be a different player with someone up front with him to do the tough stuff whilst he runs on to passes ,but as long as Tommy is going 1 up front then it can't be May.

May never jumped or tackled when he was launched high balls, even when he played in his 25 goal season he was the exact same as he is now. To single that against him is weird. 

I was unwell yesteday so had to watch from the Couch.

I though the pitch despite being in great condition for this time of year didn't help us - it was really sticky and our footing was suspect.

When Del took off Main I thought that was the game because clearly he thought he would button up and take the 1-0 but just shows you how things can change in a blink. Brilliant subs at the right time and a great goal from Kennedy and brilliant lay off from Kane. 

Disappointing that the game changed again with the sending off's but great character to hang on and I agree with others Zander looked better late in the game despite going down like a bed-settee for Cosgrove's goal.

Saints keep giving us hope and we should be grateful for that - gutsy point. If we can get that elusive away win it would lift us all.

We were lucky, but we battled hard and deserved the point in the end. Both reds were deserved. Clark was man of the match, first time he’s looked back to being his old self all season. We looked more effective when two strikers came on and Kane actually played quite well. I feel sorry for May though, as he didn’t have the chance to have a strike partner, which is what he needs. Good finish from Kennedy. Duffy looked out of his depth again, but he will develop into a good player. Wright had his worst game for a while, but the centre midfield 3 looked solid. A good point!

Amazed at the negative comments regarding Wallace Duffy. Jason Kerr slipped for the goal, not Duffy. Agree he got off with a blatant handball but he was there challenging Main and he didn't score. Wallace's distribution could be better, agreed, but there was never a lot on in front of him and they were obviously instructed to play diagonals and expose Aberdeen's full backs.

I think the young lad is doing fine despite some seriously dodgy balls being played to him. He's also happy to say his piece when required and could clearly be seen to be keeping Ralston and Kerr right.

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Will McCann & Matty be with us after January ?.

I think Kennedy will sign a pre-contract somewhere. I'd be inclined not to replace him actually come 2020/21, as we have O'Halloran & Wotherspoon who can play there already (I'm assuming Swanson will be gone).

I'd use the extra wage to sign a right-back or Holt (assuming we have a new centre-back by then!)

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I think Kennedy will sign a pre-contract somewhere. I'd be inclined not to replace him actually come 2020/21, as we have O'Halloran & Wotherspoon who can play there already (I'm assuming Swanson will be gone).

I'd use the extra wage to sign a right-back or Holt (assuming we have a new centre-back by then!)

Holt ? Would sooner get somebody half decent to be honest.

3 hours ago, Saline Saint said:

In what context do you think they won’t be with us? Other clubs coming in for them or the players themselves thinking championship here we come and telling their agents “I’m a player get me out of here” so to speak.

I think they are both out of contract at the end of the season & both can be signed on pre contract. I think there will be a few willing to sign them but hope Tommy can get them on new contract.

Edited by Cagey
This should probably be in players contracts.