Scottish cup fourth round Jan 18th/19th.

Cagey

Sort of comfortable game, I think. Got the early goal, then the lack of game time seemed to harm us as no real fluency to anything. 

Morton came out flying in the second half, did nothing, Saints got on top, scored straight away. Game over.

May's finish for the goal was absolute quality. Outpaced the defenders on the halfway line, controls a ball over his shoulder, continues to outpace the defence and then dinks the ball over the keeper with his weak foot. The quality is still there, hopefully the missing confidence can return with finishes like that.

4th round prize money about 10k, 5th about 12 k, quarters about 15k.

Stranraer last night share of 38,000 gate at Ibroke probably made about 300k.

Only way to make money from the early rounds is a n old firm draw which we don't want. 

Heres hoping for a good draw in the 5th round giving us a decent run to the last 8 at which point the magic will return. 

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Neither, he was seemingly genuinely ill. Dundee are likely to be knocked out by Motherwell tonight anyway.

True but  not often I hope for Dundee win.

Dundee at McDiarmid in fifth round. Good crowd. Do we give them 3 stands ?.

Once the game was won Tommy gave Duffy & Tanser 10 mins. Tommy says we may need Tanser to double up against Celtic.

Likewise as Ralston will not be available against Celtic ,Duffy may be required. That gives me the fear. 2 or 3 games against Celtic with Duffy at right back.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Once the game was won Tommy gave Duffy & Tanser 10 mins. Tommy says we may need Tanser to double up against Celtic.

Likewise as Ralston will not be available against Celtic ,Duffy may be required. That gives me the fear. 2 or 3 games against Celtic with Duffy at right back.

It’s okay Gordon is back

Job done today, not much to get excited about. Agree with some that Morton had chances but thought they were a bit powder puff where it mattered and the gulf between the teams was there to see. Three goals, could've been more and we may well have conceded against a better team. Another clean sheet on Zander's CV.

May's finish was quality and his effort just before that gives hope that he's getting back to the player we know he can be.

No comment on Booth's goal, if you were there you saw it, if you weren't then watch Sportscene tomorrow. Worth the licence fee.