Motherwell v St Johnstone November 30th 3pm.

Cagey

2019 has been our Annus horribilous.

We beat Brechin ,a team that probably never had 11 signed players. Not sure if we had any more wins in this calendar year.

Today Well had 5 shots  on target & 4 goals. I love Zander & think he is basically a decent keeper but we have to rest him.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I've no idea, I dont think TW wanted a defence with Duffy and Ralston in it though.

Either way, this is where we are. Want to defend TW, want him to turn this around and keep us up, but I'm struggling to find any spin to put on things to try and convince myself that's the right thing to do.

So you have just answered your own question sad but true his time for him to go the honourable thing to do would be to resign but if not he should be sacked which would be a sad outcome for all involved

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

B*****ks! Just release Anderson, Vihmann, Duffy and Ralston. Give them £20,000 each and get them so far to f***.

Sign a decent right back and a decent centre back to play with Kerr and have Liam Gordon back - we would pick up enough points to finish 9th or 10th.

You’re not trying to tell me that Christopher Samba, Marc Wilson, Jack Hendry, Efe Ambrose are outwith our reach and are worse that the farce we have.

F*****ng Stephen Hendry Or Jocky Wilson would be more use

We've already failed to sign Ambrose. Jack Hendry is an horrendous footballer, as bad as Ralston. Chris Samba has played 8 minutes of football since December 2017. 

Marc Wilson I've no idea about, theres alarm bells than an experienced International is on the scrapheap at 32 though.

15 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Only Tommy could play two strikers and still only have one up front. Awful stuff for all four goals absolutely amateur.

My first game of the season and probably last. Stuff spending money watching guys not giving a care. How did Motherwell manage to get more fired up at half time than we did?

Assume May was playing as a 10 then as on the BBC there are a few mentions of Kane winning fouls & missing chances but the only mention of May was when he was subbed.

The big problem we have is that we can point to any part of the team and say we need players in. And that’s unacceptable. Yes the defence is honking but there is so much wrong- tactically inept, low confidence, fans staying away. Bottom line is that we are just not that good, not enough quality to keep us up and that has been obvious for over a year now. It’s been shocking to watch but we have been sleep walking our way to the Championship. A season too far for TW I’m afraid but damage is done now and I can’t see us retaining our place in the top flight 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, saintcraigieboy said:

Until we get the defence sorted out, not confident about any game as our midfield is hesitant going forward as worried about behind them.

We could easily lose 3 or 4 goals here which is my worry.

Until the defence is sorted out then this affects the whole team. 
defence too young , naive and nice. This is down to TW. 
holt is pish and anther Goss type experiment. 
matty Kennedy on the right is pointless. 
yer man TW is trying to change the style of play as has applied for at least 4 jobs and not got and this experiment is going to affect us massively. 

2 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

The big problem we have is that we can point to any part of the team and say we need players in. And that’s unacceptable. Yes the defence is honking but there is so much wrong- tactically inept, low confidence, fans staying away. Bottom line is that we are just not that good, not enough quality to keep us up and that has been obvious for over a year now. It’s been shocking to watch but we have been sleep walking our way to the Championship. A season too far for TW I’m afraid but damage is done now and I can’t see us retaining our place in the top flight 

I hate to say it but I think you are absolutely right 

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Assume May was playing as a 10 then as on the BBC there are a few mentions of Kane winning fouls & missing chances but the only mention of May was when he was subbed.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

May kept drifting onto the left wing mostly

As Random said he was standing on the left touchline watching. Our best chances were when they were both on the 18 yard line.

6 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Only candidates are those who have sat on the bench every week!!!

Or in the stand. Callahan again nowhere to be seen today as we went with 4 lightweights in midfield. Not that a player with splinters in his arse would have helped today.

Another waste of a wage which may not be Callaghan's fault. Its Tommy's. He signed him & very rarely gave him 90 minutes.

Biggest waste of 3 years BIG wage has been Stevie May.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

EKo1rLbWkAEmG75.jpg:large

Same shite every week, it’s like a broken record, wright watches this and then plays the same guys in defence again, Duffy out or his depth, Kerr all over the place, Tanser total  shitebag of the highest , ralston has potential but not our player,  but the forwards are powder puff, the midfield totally off it,  watching that today was painful and reminds me of pathetic Clark relegation years, all the hanging in there till January window, points behind etc, but that team won’t win many games, no leaders, too many hiding, and they are probably better players than a lot out there in our league, big Tommy legend and all that, but good times come to and end sometime, and he can no longer borefest us to one nil wins with that defence like that, he has got away with it over the last few seasons. Let’s hear the living out with our means, Tommy’s the man, it’s all getting a bit tedious, we are trouble and to rectify living outside the means use some of the rainy day £2m rainy day funds or we are going to be in the seaside leagues for a few years, never mind the Europe trips we might not see the big league for a few years if we don’t rectify this pish !!

Edited by crieffsaintandy

2 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

And watch the so called players desert a sinking ship. Also Kennedy and Wright who he has been loyal to and played decline contracts

So does TW get another transfer window? That’s what he appears to be asking for during BBC interview. His record on this front is not good, will SB give him another window? We just appear to be repeating same mistakes hoping for a different outcome and that basically sums up our tactics, transfers and team selections. 

2 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

So does TW get another transfer window? That’s what he appears to be asking for during BBC interview. His record on this front is not good, will SB give him another window? We just appear to be repeating same mistakes hoping for a different outcome and that basically sums up our tactics, transfers and team selections. 

Absolutely NOT under any circumstances should he be allowed to squander anymore of our limited financial resources 

8 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

And watch the so called players desert a sinking ship. Also Kennedy and Wright who he has been loyal to and played decline contracts

Why wouldnt they? Are you seriously expecting players to willingly play below their level due to some "loyalty" to a club theyve been at for a year?