Motherwell v St Johnstone November 30th 3pm.

Cagey

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Why wouldnt they? Are you seriously expecting players to willingly play below their level due to some "loyalty" to a club theyve been at for a year?

It is Tommy's loyalty to them. If they decline contracts or sign pre contracts with another team I would drop them and play Wotherspoon O'Halloran and Swanson our results will not be any worse.

14 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

It is Tommy's loyalty to them. If they decline contracts or sign pre contracts with another team I would drop them and play Wotherspoon O'Halloran and Swanson our results will not be any worse.

Kennedy has been our best attacker this season by a country ****ing mile. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I agree but if he signs a pre contract with another club or declines a contract from us will our results be any worse if we played MOH, Swanson or Wotherspoon.

Depends entirely on him. Liam Craig signed a PCA with Hibs, then had arguably the best few months of his Saints career.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Depends entirely on him. Liam Craig signed a PCA with Hibs, then had arguably the best few months of his Saints career.

Again I agree. but it would piss off Swanson and MOH if he continued to play Kennedy and Wright when they are leaving and they too would want to leave. Then where are we for wide players with, Kennedy Wright MOH and Swanson gone.

No getting away from the fact that this poor team is entirely of Tommy's doing.

We could all see for the whole of last season we were light at the back. If the best you can come up with in that time is Duffy, Ralston and Vihman, then you clearly cannot spot a defender.

I've always been in the camp of stick by Tommy, but I'm starting to think we need something to change. Do we need someone dedicated to player recruitment or are we seeing the effects of not having Calumn Davidson as since he left, we have not made on good signing.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't sign someone on day one of the window as surely we must be negotiating right now.

I think in the Summer the May signing horror show meant the eye was taken off the ball. Need to make the right signings and hope they hit the ground running or we are down, on the basis the damage isn't irreversible by then......

1 minute ago, TheYellowBox said:

We could all see for the whole of last season we were light at the back. If the best you can come up with in that time is Duffy, Ralston and Vihman, then you clearly cannot spot a defender.

I've always been in the camp of stick by Tommy, but I'm starting to think we need something to change. Do we need someone dedicated to player recruitment or are we seeing the effects of not having Calumn Davidson as since he left, we have not made on good signing.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't sign someone on day one of the window as surely we must be negotiating right now.

I think in the Summer the May signing horror show meant the eye was taken off the ball. Need to make the right signings and hope they hit the ground running or we are down, on the basis the damage isn't irreversible by then......

These critical and decisive decision should not be wrights to make full stop

2 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I said the problem was defenders at the start of the season. But was told Kerr and Gordon are good enough and we needed a striker. and how has that worked out

24 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Again I agree. but it would piss off Swanson and MOH if he continued to play Kennedy and Wright when they are leaving and they too would want to leave. Then where are we for wide players with, Kennedy Wright MOH and Swanson gone.

If they want in the team, then they should perform when they're in it.

In saying that, I'm not sure why O'Halloran was dropped and then continuously left out.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I suggest you should phone the doctor and get an emergency appointment to check whether you've got Alzheimer's. This really is concerning.

Memory not good but will try. Jan to May beat Hamilton in cup & livi St Mirren,Dundee twice& Motherwell. This season beat Hamilton 3_2 with last minute goal & Hearts 1-0 with own goal. A record to be proud of ?.

To think how poor we are, the league is so tight. Who's got the fight in their bellies?  3 points from 7th position.  

As Dundee fans used to comment last season, we aren't a drift yet so stay positive.   But you know when you're watching shit, when the lads at the back are simply not good enough.   

Today could highlight how important Muzz is.

21 Dec. Home v St Mirren, the next opportunity to pick up a point or 3.  

Just now, slf said:

If we make it there then Braw.

this club needs a complete reset.top to toe .

That would mark the end of top flight football for some time.. turn into a Thistle? Falkirk? Dunfermline? Dundee?    All utter average at best...  why anyone wishes this is beyond me.  That last time took 10 years, and in that 10 years we nearly went down a league... brutal football, no thanks.  

1 minute ago, Dave H said:

That would mark the end of top flight football for some time.. turn into a Thistle? Falkirk? Dunfermline? Dundee?    All utter average at best...  why anyone wishes this is beyond me.  That last time took 10 years, and in that 10 years we nearly went down a league... brutal football, no thanks.  

Good

2 minutes ago, Dave H said:

I actually think it would be worse than that. Based on our core support, we are on par with Raith and Ayr.

What has set us apart from our peers is the solid financial based that McD gave us. The advantage that gave us is waining so as SLF said, club needs a restructure the stay one step ahead.

Where in any other era the 'success' we have had would have meant increased core support, that has not been the case.

Club needs to show the same innovative approach shown by Brown snr, Campbell, etc, which has been sadly lacking for quite some time.

To put into context, the move to a new all seater stadium in late 80's would only be comparable to building an indoor stadium now. Do we think this board are capable of thinking that innovatevly? I don't. Not say that is what we do, but we need that kind of thinking to keep the club ahead of the curve.